Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Blaze Dragon posted:

I dunno, I think going in order is better. The first eight or so episodes are somewhat bad but then it gets really good and the quality keeps up for the rest of season 1 and all of season 2.

Then season 3 happens and all that quality disappears. Don't watch season 3.

I got hooked on Arrow by episode 3. I have a weird love for Deadshot though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Epi Lepi posted:

I got hooked on Arrow by episode 3. I have a weird love for Deadshot though.

*shifts uncomfortably*

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Danielle Panabaker: gently caress ME! x10,000

Yup

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Bad Moon posted:

*shifts uncomfortably*

I also have a weird hate for Will Smith so the fact that we get no more Deadshot on the show in favor of that sure-to-be-terrible movie was just awful for me.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Honestly, people say that Season 1 of Agents of SHIELD was absolutely terrible to watch week by week, but once you binge through it, like I did, it's actually very watchable. I imagine Season 3 of Arrow is similar. It's probably just the week long waits for nothing to happen that does it for most people, and that might help when bingeing through it. Don't know why I'm posting that here, though.

I'm kinda hoping we go full Vibe early on in the season cause I'd love for Carlos to have much more to do this season.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
AoS S1 was preeeeeeeeetty bad-to-meh (god that pilot was brutal) until like episode 6 then it started getting a little darker/better.

Arrow S3 was just one slow, protracted, weepy fart from beginning to end.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Duke Chin posted:

Arrow S3 was just one slow, protracted, weepy fart from beginning to end.

Arrow S3 part 1 up until Ollie seemingly dies was decent. Then it seems like they lost the idea of what they are doing.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Mooseontheloose posted:

Arrow S3 part 1 up until Ollie seemingly dies was decent. Then it seems like they lost the idea of what they are doing.

After that there were no surprises to the season. There was no "HOLY poo poo WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NEXT?!" because of course Ollie isn't gonna go evil, Thea isn't gonna stay dead, Starling City's not gonna be wiped out by the league, Ray's not gonna stick around, whatever else the gently caress happened. I think the only episode that surprised me was the Suicide Squad episode because at the time I didn't know DC was forcing them to stop using them. loving goons like to whinge about Felicity when complaining about season three but the League of Assassins were the real culprit. There's only two stories you can do with them, one is Batman Begins and one is Lazarus Pits. We got both.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd point out to Arrow watching wonderer guy that while season 3 was worse than season 2, it is no where near as bad as SA posters make it seem.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

zoux posted:

it is no where near as bad as SA posters make it seem.

Generally the case for everything

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

hangedman1984 posted:

Generally the case for everything

Some notable exceptions exist, like the evolved space lizard Voyager episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

However some things are far worse than goons make it seem.

You cannot win.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
In a shocking turn of events, new studies show that your opinions are actually formed on your own, rather than being read on the internet and then repeated.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

McSpankWich posted:

In a shocking turn of events, new studies show that your opinions are actually formed on your own, rather than being read on the internet and then repeated.

I don't know what to think of this. Perhaps more people could way in?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

I dont know posted:

I don't know what to think of this. Perhaps more people could way in?

I'm pretty sure it's weigh in. Does anybody else agree? I need to be validated :negative:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

WarLocke posted:

Some notable exceptions exist, like the evolved space lizard Voyager episode.

You mean the episode that won an Emmy?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yup, weigh in. I.e. your opinion carries weight.

Also, season 3 of arrow was bad.

It wouldn't have been QUITE so bad if they had not completely gone retarded on how to write a female character. They made the mistake of listening to the tumblr fans and they DESPERATELY wanted felicity and oliver to hook up, even though it made little to no sense in the show.

Season 2 wasn't horrible but it wasn't all bad. Season 1 was pretty lovely for the first few episodes but it got better.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Woo!

I think one of my main issues with season 3 was how badly they poo poo the bed on Ollie's 'death'

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Also, season 3 of arrow was bad.

It wouldn't have been QUITE so bad if they had not completely gone retarded on how to write a female character. They made the mistake of listening to the tumblr fans and they DESPERATELY wanted felicity and oliver to hook up, even though it made little to no sense in the show.

Season 2 wasn't horrible but it wasn't all bad. Season 1 was pretty lovely for the first few episodes but it got better.

Eh, It makes enough sense in the show.

It wouldn't be the first time in the world that two single people who work a hobby closely together for years end up trying to dating and falling in love.

Her writing wasn't good by any stretch, but it wasn't like the idea itself was bad.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Arrow season 3 was very good, especially the last several episodes. It wasn't as good as season 2, but it was still better than season 1, which was also very good.

Also, perhaps most importantly, it set us up for season 4, which - at least initially - looks like it will be excellent.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Burning_Monk posted:

You mean the episode that won an Emmy?

I kind of doubt the episode where Paris and Janeway (de)evolve into space salamanders from warping too fast, then have a litter of space salamander babies and then leave them alone on the planet when they go back to Voyager won an Emmy.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I was really happy when Felicity told Oliver to gently caress off, I thought that was a good character moment.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

WarLocke posted:

I kind of doubt the episode where Paris and Janeway (de)evolve into space salamanders from warping too fast, then have a litter of space salamander babies and then leave them alone on the planet when they go back to Voyager won an Emmy.

Yep, that's the one. "Threshold" won the 1996 Emmy for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Makeup for a Series, beating out Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's "The Visitor."

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Burning_Monk posted:

Yep, that's the one. "Threshold" won the 1996 Emmy for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Makeup for a Series, beating out Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's "The Visitor."

Oh, for makeup. So it's a horrible episode that had good makeup work.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

WarLocke posted:

Oh, for makeup. So it's a horrible episode that had good makeup work.

Yep :) It just usually blows peoples minds that episode got anything more than a large bowel movement.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, the make-up effects when Paris hocks up his own tongue are really good.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Dexo posted:

Eh, It makes enough sense in the show.

It wouldn't be the first time in the world that two single people who work a hobby closely together for years end up trying to dating and falling in love.

Her writing wasn't good by any stretch, but it wasn't like the idea itself was bad.

The actors have enough chemistry to back it up. People didn't start shipping them together from the beginning for no reason, no matter how much other people like to pretend so. Stephen Amell certainly has more chemistry with Emily Bett Rickards than Katie Cassidy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, all those times she unsubtly said she loved him and he stood there statue faced in his PTSD.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

McSpankWich posted:

Oh poo poo, I've been doing it wrong!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Oh man, a bunch of new posts in the Flash thread? Casting news! New set photos! Something exciting!

Oh, it's "Arrow sucks/Arrow rules" chat.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Ville Valo posted:

Oh man, a bunch of new posts in the Flash thread? Casting news! New set photos! Something exciting!

Well, they did just release the gag reel and other iTunes extras.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is this the thread to follow for dc series news?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah unless you're stupid to cross into BSS, but they are still talking about Man of Steel in there. Little behind the 8 ball.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ville Valo posted:

Well I don't think anybody posted these set photos of Atom Smasher from a couple of weeks back, forgive me if they were

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So are they going to make him grow to giant-size?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"This is the new Palmer Technologies head of security, Adam Smasher."

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Aphrodite posted:

*Copeland

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

I would forgive everything that went wrong in season 3 for this one moment.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Spoilers for S2 of Flash!

We might get Superman!!! Even better, we might get TOM WELLING OR HENRY CAVILL as Superman!!! I'm guessing they are going the multiple earth route for sure.

Also, casting news OH poo poo REVERSE FLASH ALL UP IN MY BUSINESS TOM CAVANAUGH IS COMING BACK AS RF!!!!! I dunno how, but holy gently caress someone noticed the chemistry he had on set and how awesome he was and said "gently caress it, Thawne's back"

AAAUUGGHHH THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!!!!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Spoilers for S2 of Flash!

We might get Superman!!! Even better, we might get TOM WELLING OR HENRY CAVILL as Superman!!! I'm guessing they are going the multiple earth route for sure.

Also, casting news OH poo poo REVERSE FLASH ALL UP IN MY BUSINESS TOM CAVANAUGH IS COMING BACK AS RF!!!!! I dunno how, but holy gently caress someone noticed the chemistry he had on set and how awesome he was and said "gently caress it, Thawne's back"

AAAUUGGHHH THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!!!!

I'd like a source before I go bananas, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I saw the first one on twitter, but I can't find the tweet now (was from a couple days ago).

The second spoiler is from this interview : http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/19/flash-season-1-finale-eddie-death-rick-cosnett-spoilers

• Locked thread