Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

eXXon posted:

I assume El Gallinero Gros' Flames are just going to get contracted like the Alberta economy amirite?

He's posting on the forums so I just assume he forgot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well, back-up plan.
Takin' Hampus Lindholm and his pro hockey name. Write-up after work.
Mostly it's because he's 21 and his fancy stats are god-level.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Hubes (yes that is totally going to be his nickname)

hubes is actually his real nickname

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Well, back-up plan.

gently caress you and yourself

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Well, back-up plan.

He's real good, I wasn't planning on taking him this round but next most definitely

The Coyotes are proud to select my main man Jumbo Joe Thornton. He might be old but he doesn't give a gently caress. Still one of the best centers in the game he can handle the toughest matchups easily and allow Eichel the easy pickings. No doubt in a couple years Eichel will be ready to step it up and take on first line center duties but until that happens Jumbo's got it on lock.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Ok, so what does everyone want to do about the Flames? Consensus pick 3 players now?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Highest scoring Center/Winger/D-man on the board for them.
Quick and maybe fair.

Or draft by a weird useless stat like takeaways or something.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Highest scoring Center/Winger/D-man on the board for them.
Quick and maybe fair.

this seems like a good suggestion. that would be: jiri hudler/daniel sedin/brent burns

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

this seems like a good suggestion. that would be: jiri hudler/daniel sedin/brent burns

Looks to me like it would be Ribiero, Hudler, and Carlson?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

tofes posted:

He's real good, I wasn't planning on taking him this round but next most definitely

The Coyotes are proud to select my main man Jumbo Joe Thornton. He might be old but he doesn't give a gently caress. Still one of the best centers in the game he can handle the toughest matchups easily and allow Eichel the easy pickings. No doubt in a couple years Eichel will be ready to step it up and take on first line center duties but until that happens Jumbo's got it on lock.

God drat I knew I was taking a chance waiting until round 4 to take him. A very good pick, still one of my favorite players in the whole league.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

tofes posted:

This is a real solid pick at 86th

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

tofes posted:

Looks to me like it would be Ribiero, Hudler, and Carlson?

burns had 60 points to carlsons 55, so I guess it depends on whether or not you consider burns a forward or defenseman

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Yeah I think it's often hard to decide whether to go old or young. But Thornton has been objectively the best C around for a little bit, he still rules. Almost took him but was hoping he would come around to me in the 4th.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Menamino posted:

burns had 60 points to carlsons 55, so I guess it depends on whether or not you consider burns a forward or defenseman

I'm only looking at 5v5 stats so I guess that's the discrepancy. So what does everyone else think?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I think overall scoring leaders is more fair. Hudler/Sedin/Burns is not a bad trio at all.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I think overall scoring leaders is more fair. Hudler/Sedin/Burns is not a bad trio at all.

Yeah, this seems like something a person can at least build around if the person comes back or someone else joins midway.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Yeah I think it's often hard to decide whether to go old or young. But Thornton has been objectively the best C around for a little bit, he still rules. Almost took him but was hoping he would come around to me in the 4th.

It helps that I've already got two young guys and Jumbo's probably going to play into his 40's .

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Ok, Burns, Sedin, and Hudler it is. Thinktank is up

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Yes it is but just take these fuckers and go. Tofes can I send you my list?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

eXXon posted:

Yes it is but just take these fuckers and go. Tofes can I send you my list?

Yes that's fine

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

eXXon posted:

I was confused at the people complaining about all the centers being gone when Stepan was still around, especially given the gazillion Rangers fans and the just signing a huge extension thing.

I chose Kucherov over him just because I think Kucherov has legitimate star upside. I love Stepan and I really wanted him as my 2C but I just think Kucherov is going to be a ppg or so player for a long time and he's still RFA. I was kind of amazed he lasted this long though.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Furnaceface posted:

God drat I knew I was taking a chance waiting until round 4 to take him. A very good pick, still one of my favorite players in the whole league.

Same. Also my burns noooo

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jumbo would've been my pick I'll take my backup

Jeff Carter - C - 6'4" 220lbs - Shoots Right

Officially on the wrong side of thirty and signed forever, Jeff Carter is still a very effective second line centre. Possessing a deadly wristshot, a lengthy skating stride and underrated defensive responsibility, he'll be an excellent compliment to Johansen down the middle. He's perhaps lost in the shuffle a bit in LA, but he remains one of the NHL's premier snipers and should be a lock for 25-30 goals again this year.

Jeff has played for Columbus before, and it was totally okay and not in the least bit acrimonious when he left. He loves Ohio.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

Jumbo would've been my pick I'll take my backup

Jeff Carter - C - 6'4" 220lbs - Shoots Right

Officially on the wrong side of thirty and signed forever, Jeff Carter is still a very effective second line centre. Possessing a deadly wristshot, a lengthy skating stride and underrated defensive responsibility, he'll be an excellent compliment to Johansen down the middle. He's perhaps lost in the shuffle a bit in LA, but he remains one of the NHL's premier snipers and should be a lock for 25-30 goals again this year.

Jeff has played for Columbus before, and it was totally okay and not in the least bit acrimonious when he left. He loves Ohio.

Jeff Carter was my backup pick haha

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

boomer the cannon is up, but since he said this

Boomer The Cannon posted:

If it gets to me before 7, I'll pick later.

does that mean we just skip him for now?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jesus I just wanted to go to bed leave my loving list alone.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Menamino posted:

boomer the cannon is up, but since he said this

does that mean we just skip him for now?

Sure I guess, he didn't send me a list or anything

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

You guys hosed me with Burns and Gaudreau, so give me Sergei Bobrovsky instead.

E: I've gotten hosed on goaltending before, so not this time.

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 30, 2015

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Stepan was the Eastern center I'd mentioned considering before settling in Couture. Also thought about Jumbo, but yeah he ain't getting any younger.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

gently caress it I know the next guy won't take a defenseman but I got sniped on Carter and even Stepan so give me John Carlson.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Boomer The Cannon posted:

You guys hosed me with Burns and Gaudreau, so give me Sergei Bobrovsky instead.

E: I've gotten hosed on goaltending before, so not this time.

Good pick. He's right on the verge of the top 5/6 goalies. I think there is a fairly solid drop off after him (excluding an old man who still has game).

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Jordan7hm posted:

Good pick. He's right on the verge of the top 5/6 goalies. I think there is a fairly solid drop off after him (excluding an old man who still has game).
We're drafting executives now?

If I had 2 picks for the next round instead of 1, I'd feel better. Grave decisions have to be made now.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I will have to catch up on centers by selecting

Kyle Turris

And

Aleksander Barkov

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

eXXon and the Hurricanes select John Klingberg because they like players named John.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

I was wondering when both Barkov and Klingberg would go!

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I hoped that with Barkov's 36 points he would slip to my next pick. I loving love him. Incredible defensively and probably a 50-pt player next year. These picks are getting really hard.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Barkov is my hubby but I think Turris deserves respect and going first for falling that far

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

barkov is gonna be an incredible two way 2c within 2-3 years, a Good Pick

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

gently caress, Barkov was next on my list after Carter. And Boooooourns is now off the list too. I might need to update it at the rate theyre disappearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Last year, I selected Strome, Nash, and Huberdeau, and this year they went consecutively in the third round.

What I am saying is that I know how to pick 'em (as long as you ignore my Semin selection).

• Locked thread