Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Is Moon a Mason-tier flaming rear end in a top hat? I watched his stream for a couple hours and he seemed okay. Although his 30 minute face cam lecture on how to pick up women was kind of odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
maybe navi will pick pudge now that it doesn't matter really

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

so doesn't the winners bracket guarantee you get 9th-12th? aka $212,000 vs $53,000

Actually, yes, it would appear to. drat, makes clinching WB status even more important, and makes all the BO1s huge (a BO1 for 160k? holy poo poo)

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

so doesn't the winners bracket guarantee you get 9th-12th? aka $212,000 vs $53,000

Yes

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Craptacular! posted:

30 minute face cam lecture on how to pick up women

lol

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Just got home. What are the relevant games today that have standing implication? Looks like VG needs to beat NB to get to upper bracket. EHOME and VP looks like a big deal. CDEC clinched first so they don't care but EG needs a win to stay 2nd. Anything else I've missed?

L0VE
May 3, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

As much as I've love that to be true, the Liquipedia page says 3 wins, 3 losses, 1 draw.

Ah right, I read order of the scoreboards wrong.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
"Welcome to the future of sports! I am John Madden clutching a plush doll, and I'm joined by Al Michaels 3000 holding a brightly colored pillow over his crotch."

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

Just got home. What are the relevant games today that have standing implication? Looks like VG needs to beat NB to get to upper bracket. EHOME and VP looks like a big deal. CDEC clinched first so they don't care but EG needs a win to stay 2nd. Anything else I've missed?
EG can still get 1st if they 2-0 CDEC and CDEC drops at least one game to EHOME.

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!

Xtanstic posted:

I think if EG and EHOME both 2-0 CDEC, EG gets first. Or what the guy above me said.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Xtanstic posted:

The upcoming coL vs Fnatic game matters for Fnatic - if Fnatic goes 2-0, they get 5th place and the ability to choose their opponent for the first BO1.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
So are we gonna see Pudge in the NaVi game?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Cool thanks. Seems like group B winner will pick coL over c9 no matter what, but I have no idea who LGD would pick even ignoring the fact that 5 teams could finish 3rd-4th.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

TheQat posted:

maybe navi will pick pudge now that it doesn't matter really

A 2-0 gets them a tie with MVP for fifth. Same for iG. And it doesn't matter either way if Fnatic gets a 2-0. But there's still something at stake.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Peanut President posted:

So are we gonna see Pudge in the NaVi game?

There's no live crowd to go nuts, so no.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

So if Fnatic win, they move up to 5th, MVP get 6th, and na'vi and iG are 7th/8th, which doesn't effectively matter since the 5th seed picks which team to play. If Fnatic draw or lose, iG or na'vi need to sweep the series to get to 6th. MVP are automatically 5th in either scenario because they swept iG and took a game off Secret (na'vi got swept by Secret)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

Is Moon a Mason-tier flaming rear end in a top hat? I watched his stream for a couple hours and he seemed okay. Although his 30 minute face cam lecture on how to pick up women was kind of odd.

He has his good days like tripping over his fan and his bad days like when he goes on a rant about peruvians and how he needs to be the next hitler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPmcAxk2uMI

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Internet Kraken posted:

:goonsay: Actually guys it wasn't EE's fault they lost that game and your all just a bunch of unfair dumb goons, unlike me.

This but unironicallyI didn't see this last c9 game

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Do I watch the TI2 final or the TI4 final?

Only thing missing is Lumi :negative:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Craptacular! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USiwjWRKguI

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I don't know why Artstyle spent last ban on Dark Seer. Even I predicted the oncoming spider.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Khagan posted:

Only thing missing is Lumi :negative:

Thank god.

Also I'm liking that "have a support ferry things from the courier to the mid to avoid BH courier snipe" thing.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Phoenix took a game off Secret? Go my Korean brodawgs !

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

rip na'vi

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

navi looked like they might do something earlier in the groups but it feels like they're just tilting off the face of the planet now

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.
Vici why

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Just gg out NaVi, for fucks sake

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Well the good news is Xboct told a Russian interviewer that he'd consider retirement here depending on where the team finishes.

But this draft was stupid too.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Mushi is cool.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

itd be cool if navi rebuilt their team if xboct retired, mostly because somehow im sure theyd ruin empire again by poaching their best players

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
Navi is not good and Dendi is only good on SF

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Man iceiceice has had a really rough sand king game so far. There's so many ways for newbee to keep tabs on him and stop the epi. :(

trw
Dec 24, 2003
Rabbit is playing great, Newbee looking good.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
Why doesn't Navi just gg, it's not like this match is important for bracket placement at this point

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Is Dendi actually good at mid? Wasn't be just really good back when bottle crowing was a thing?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

frest posted:

Why doesn't Navi just gg, it's not like this match is important for bracket placement at this point

It's the difference between 7th/8th and 6th if fnatic don't 2-0

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

JackDarko posted:

Is Dendi actually good at mid? Wasn't be just really good back when bottle crowing was a thing?

Its still a thing....

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Bring back Black

e; alternatively playing weird chinese mobile games finally paying off for Newbee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

JackDarko posted:

i mean i dont think he ever won a 1v1 tournament or anything but its not like navi were making it to the finals every year while LD yelled "dendi is just getting destroyed mid!!!! the humanity!!!!!!!!" he just does his job, and unless ppy writes a big post about what went wrong with navi you cant really tell if dendi stopped giving a poo poo or if the noobs on his team are just holding him down.

• Locked thread