Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Hockles posted:

The packers ones are going to be good, but are going to look weird as hell with the Packers Green helmets.

The NFL is poo poo, why do you ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Hockles posted:

The packers ones are going to be good, but are going to look weird as hell with the Packers Green helmets.

Wait what? The helmet will be the same one they use without the logo and stripe

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Faltese Malkin posted:

Those are fantastic. The only minor complaint I have is that the sun sphere part in the logo looks a little too big on the helmet, but other than that these are magnificent.

And why is it that when teams wear throwbacks*, but with modern equipment technologies, most of the uniforms look a million times better than whatever they currently wear:

* Or used to wear throwbacks, since they can't anymore unless they keep the same helmet shell or whatever dumb rule the NFL uses.

Because teams usually use already well designed uniforms as throwbacks

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

TubeStank posted:

Wait what? The helmet will be the same one they use without the logo and stripe

That's what I mean. Didn't they have a different helmet when they used those? Or no helmets at all?

e: oh my god, their helmets are Yellow. I'm an idiot

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hot drat those Dolphins unis are great.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Hockles posted:

That's what I mean. Didn't they have a different helmet when they used those? Or no helmets at all?

e: oh my god, their helmets are Yellow. I'm an idiot

No worries just confused the hell out of me. Before the new helmet rules came into effect they used brown helmets with their blue throwbacks.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Those Dolphins uniforms are fantastic.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

DJExile posted:

Those Dolphins uniforms are fantastic.

Yep. They rule.

In case you forgot, the Browns are wearing these this year:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Hockles posted:

Yep. They rule.

This is the season pity becomes disgust.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hockles posted:

Yep. They rule.

Bowling Green signed on with Nike over the offseason and they did far better with ours, using the same color palate

here's a close up of the orange

I'm not as wild about these as what we had over the last couple years (names on the pants is always dumb), but they're pretty solid overall.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Hockles posted:

Yep. They rule.

The one joy (sorry) I would get from turning on a Browns game is to see how awesome their uniforms looked.

WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Faltese Malkin posted:

The one joy (sorry) I would get from turning on a Browns game is to see how awesome their uniforms looked.

WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE

Seriously that was one of the best outfits in the league.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Faltese Malkin posted:

WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE

Cleveland is not allowed to experience joy of any kind

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hate the dolphins but those uniforms are dope

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

DJExile posted:

Seriously that was one of the best outfits in the league.

They sure were, there was no reason whatsoever to change it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

warcrimes posted:

They sure were, there was no reason whatsoever to change it.

Maybe the league doesn't like the worst team having the best outfits? Next up, the Lions and Seahawks will switch unis.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chichevache posted:

Maybe the league doesn't like the worst team having the best outfits? Next up, the Lions and Seahawks will switch unis.

I liked the old seahawks jerseys more. Lions are great, though. Also, mah Raiders.

TBC
Jan 12, 2006

Glazers gonna Glaze

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hate the dolphins but those uniforms are dope

Seriously, they look great. Are they they only good Nike redesign to come out since the Seahawks?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The old Browns unis were also ugly, just less garishly so.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Worst opinion

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

Worst opinion

Don't tempt me, bub. :clint:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chichevache posted:

I'm not sure you could even ironic shitpost worse than that opinion

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

this should basically be a banable offense

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

You can't and you won't

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Adidas finally didn't completely gently caress something up.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Was just about to post those. I'm happy with them. They still have that stupid barb-wire pattern on them like all of the Adidas uniforms but it's so subtle you can't really tell from a distance.

Adidas twitter feed has a few more photos https://twitter.com/adidasFballUS

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I like the maroon ones a lot. What's "Break the Rock" about?

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

DJExile posted:

I like the maroon ones a lot. What's "Break the Rock" about?

Every win is celebrated by one of the players using an ASU branded sledgehammer to break a rock with the opponents logo on it. They also did the same thing to celebrate the end of summer workouts.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dig it

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Now I want them to play Clemson

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Will Styles posted:

Every win is celebrated by one of the players using an ASU branded sledgehammer to break a rock with the opponents logo on it. They also did the same thing to celebrate the end of summer workouts.

this owns

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJExile posted:

this should basically be a banable offense

hmmmm yes we should definitely combine the color of poop with a color that almost nobody can pull off, with the design of a generic high school team. Best unis in the NFL for sure.

Maybe your Bowling Green pride is stronger than I thought.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hmmmm yes we should definitely combine the color of poop with a color that almost nobody can pull off, with the design of a generic high school team. Best unis in the NFL for sure.

Maybe your Bowling Green pride is stronger than I thought.

Hey, we can't help that the Browns copied us.

And Browns'd it up.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
dolphins jerseys are dope. It's a shame that a week later they have to go back to the MIAMI tramp stamp design.

Like, overall, the dolphins redesign is one of the better ones but that one detail, god drat.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

1. High school teams copied the Browns because that uni is loving iconic, see Giants and (to a much much much lesser extent) the Colts for this.

2. My poo is usually more of an Eagles Green. Please advise me on what your diet is and where you usually fall on the Bristol Scale so that I may have a more pleasant bathroom experience. Ty.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Chichevache posted:

1. High school teams copied the Browns because that uni is loving iconic, see Giants and (to a much much much lesser extent) the Colts for this.

2. My poo is usually more of an Eagles Green. Please advise me on what your diet is and where you usually fall on the Bristol Scale so that I may have a more pleasant bathroom experience. Ty.

Is it a Kelly Green or more of a midnight?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MrLogan posted:

Is it a Kelly Green or more of a midnight?

Midnight. Kelly green is more of a "too much koolaid" poop.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Someone throw out the new helmet decals so they have to keep these.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
UC, no not that one, the one in Cincinnati, have their newly designed UA jerseys unveiled now:

Look pretty cool imo, and they're THE TOUGHEST JERSEYS EVER. THEY CAN NOT GRAB YOU. which should help, because lord knows the players are pretty grabbable as is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Those look great

• Locked thread