Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

SRM posted:

You can have a simplified version of 40k's incredibly cluttered and busy ruleset without going full on Sigmode here. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I'll wait and see. Worst case scenario I get some more cool minis to paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
What even is the blobby black thing on this side of his belt? I can usually work out what the details are on minis but that just looks... like a blobby black thing.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

thespaceinvader posted:

What even is the blobby black thing on this side of his belt? I can usually work out what the details are on minis but that just looks... like a blobby black thing.

I'm gonna go with flask. One that has a fancy screw top to it.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

You can have a simplified version of 40k's incredibly cluttered and busy ruleset without going full on Sigmode here. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I'll wait and see. Worst case scenario I get some more cool minis to paint.

The idea isn't without precedence; the switch from 2nd to 3rd is a perfect example of turning a bloated, complicated ruleset to something more streamlined.

This of course won't happen, because GW can't write rules worth a poo poo, and with the recent debacle of AoS there's absolutely no faith left that they'll do anything good with the rules.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ok, so I'm selling off my IG and Scions to make some upcoming bills hurt a touch less, and because I've already mostly fallen out of the game due to school. I've got ~5000 points total, probably an even split between infantry and vehicles. If anyone wants a full inventory, shoot me a PM.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Master Twig posted:

I'm gonna go with flask. One that has a fancy screw top to it.

I was thinking flip-top lighter.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's where he keeps his rosin. You have to use those on bows, right? :downs:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

He's such a drat good shot he doesn't need to see his target.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Can What Is Blind Ever Truly See?

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Mango Polo posted:

He's such a drat good shot he doesn't need to see his target.

Well, he has to roll 4+ followed by 3+ no matter what hes' shooting at

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Can What Is Blind Ever Truly See?

Guided by the hand of Sigmar himself.

Renfield posted:

Well, he has to roll 4+ followed by 3+ no matter what hes' shooting at

Well, I guess Sigmar 's hand is pretty limp.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Point taken, but there's some pretty dope Chaos models in the starter set that I'd like to use as Cultists for 40k.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Mango Polo posted:

Well, I guess Sigmar 's hand is pretty limp.

It happens to every the god, now and then. Promise.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

SRM posted:

Point taken, but there's some pretty dope Chaos models in the starter set that I'd like to use as Cultists for 40k.

Don't buy it. It will only encourage sales.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Naramyth posted:

Yeah, that's kind of my thinking and why I haven't bought it. I might get them off eBay for cheap at some point but I've got no plans to buy the boxset. The rumored Horus Heresy boxset though, that's got my attention.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
So which knight do I want to pair with a Cult Mechanicus force? The Crusader certainly looks the meanest, but these things seem built to throw into melee and taking one that's ranged only might be not using them to the fullest?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Ok, so I'm selling off my IG and Scions to make some upcoming bills hurt a touch less, and because I've already mostly fallen out of the game due to school. I've got ~5000 points total, probably an even split between infantry and vehicles. If anyone wants a full inventory, shoot me a PM.

UK or US?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

U.S.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Naramyth posted:

No joke, I'm actually becoming a little paranoid if what I buy will only encourage Age of Sigmar in some way. For example, I want to pick up a couple of kits/blisters to flesh out some Blood Bowl teams and Frostgrave warbands I want to put together, but since the models are from the WHFB range they're just going to end up attributed to Age of Sigmar.

Customer retained? :smith:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

What do you need? Someone probably has one in their closet of shame.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

I will give you a nice, cold coca cola and a pro-painted airguitar.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Beakies! :neckbeard:

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Naramyth posted:

Unless like.. you know... you like it or something.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's just a shame that a design-by-marketing-department game isn't pushing more people towards companies that actually care about their work.

But this is the 40k thread and I'm just waiting for Forgeworld to make Eidolon available!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
What changes will this new warhams bring to my dusty, unused space rambos

Can I use Marbo yet

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
What I don't understand is why they haven't fleshed out the kill team ruleset. Sell 500 point kill team boxes and scenery packs to get new players involved with the rules and fluff...

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Seriously. It's such a simple idea, too. An entire army playable out of the box that you can put together and play. Why is this not a thing?

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Because then people would just play 500 point kill team and only ever buy 500pts worth of models and never the big expensive kits.

This is literally what GW believe.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Well you could tie in with white dwarf and have a specific mission which included (for example) 1 flyer each, or a war walker or whatever, and get people to increase the point count that way. Probably makes too much sense tho

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

GW doesn't understand the concept of scalability and that is so frustrating it makes me want to pull out my hair.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To the dude making spacescrunts; this site has a few WFB Dwarf bits for sale, at the moment.

Linky

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
White Scars out of fuckin' nowhere?
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/WHITE_SCARS_MKII_TORSOS_UPGRADE_SET.html
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/WHITE_SCARS_MKII_HEADS_UPGRADE_SET.html

The helmets look pretty sweet. There's also different shoulder pads.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Safety Factor posted:

White Scars out of fuckin' nowhere?

I was just about to post those exact words

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Cataphract posted:

I was just about to post those exact words

They were shown off earlier this year (HH Weekender maybe?) and they showed Blood Angels and Dark Angels pretty recently. Their plan is to have the basic upgrade kits for all Legions except Vlka Fenryka and 1k Sons out ASAP, and BA/DA will bring them there. White Scars, Blood Angels, and Dark Angels Legion traits will be in the back of the next book but without characters or special units IIRC.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
And isn't the next book coming out around November, the same time as the plastic 30k set?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
What is the expected next codex?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Scrunts

Possibly another Eldar or Space Marine revamp codex.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Tau should be around Octoberish.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Well this was a bitch and a half to do. Worth it though.

Gonna run him and his buddies as Spawn in 40k or Gal Vorbak in 30k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

BirdieBedtime posted:

Well this was a bitch and a half to do. Worth it though.

Gonna run him and his buddies as Spawn in 40k or Gal Vorbak in 30k.

He looks pretty darn cool except he doesn't seem to have a power pack and his chin is very far above his shoulders. I'm not familiar with the AoS models, is the original head without a helmet so it sits deeper into the recess of the mini?

• Locked thread