Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
You mean that's not Florida? How is this possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

That riding position, dafuq?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Tanbo posted:

That riding position, dafuq?

That's how I imagine M42 on an Indian Scout.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

To make up for that, here is a fantastic deal on a gsxr swapped SV650. Like, I wish this was up when I was buying, it's in better condition and cheaper than mine was.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/5135124588.html

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcd/5134418037.html

:psyduck:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
what the hell is that thing?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

what the hell is that thing?

It's what it says it is, an Aprilia Moto 6.5. Same engine as the Pegaso (and a coupla BMWs and Yamahas) with bodywork designed by Philippe Starck. Apparently it rides pretty well and is definitely rare, but not $15k rare.

e: for reference there's one on sale in London for £3.5k which is still a bit overvalued for a 20 year-old bike that, looks aside, was absolutely nothing special when released, but I guess if you really loved the looks it wouldn't be an unreasonable price

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 28, 2015

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

I didn't think any of those were in the States! Cool.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Pffff...let me know when a Bimota Mantra goes up for sale: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/bimota/db3-mantra/1995/

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I know where there's a Benelli Tornado for sale.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/5133847481.html

What do you guys think of this DRZ400e with sumo conversion? I'm considering trading my 599 for it.

hot sauce fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 30, 2015

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Dunno what prices are like for your area, so maybe that's reasonable, but you can find clean SM's for not much more than that around here. I'd hold off and keep your eyes open but that's just me.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

hot sauce posted:

What do you guys think of this DRZ400e with sumo conversation? I'm considering trading my 599 for it.

Keep the 599.
Get a CRF and put street tires on it for when you get the itch to do insane things.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Aw, tired of the 599 already?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Not tired of it yet, just exploring options.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

hot sauce posted:

What do you guys think of this DRZ400e with sumo conversion? I'm considering trading my 599 for it.

I'd hold off and find an SM - the SMs handle better due to higher spec front suspension and proper offset on the triples/suspension.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Good luck trying to sell something for that price that only the adv forum crowd knows what is.

Bmw g650 x challenge 2008 with full Hot rod welding.nl kit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Did they, uh, jam a sportbike fairing on the forks?

e: or is it fixed?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Supradog posted:

Good luck trying to sell something for that price that only the adv forum crowd knows what is.

Bmw g650 x challenge 2008 with full Hot rod welding.nl kit

That's my bike! Only, you know, not that one. And mine has way less aftermarket stuff. :sigh: Also, that one is just generally wayyyyy overpriced. They're around in the US at least for 4-5k.

And, in addition to being overpriced that person got all the ridiculous aftermarket off road stuff and it has 50k on it so, you know, probably wasn't exactly ridden gently.

captainOrbital posted:

Did they, uh, jam a sportbike fairing on the forks?

e: or is it fixed?

It's a rally fairing so you can put GPS and super bright headlights on and I have no idea why it extends down to/past the forks. Maybe the motorcycle equivalent of truck balls?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Looks like the bike is about to strike a bead and weld some poo poo together

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/mcy/5149069605.html

Was cruising CL for a track/beater/SOwouldkillmeifigotasecond bike, and I found this little guy.

Never even heard of it, but it looks like they only made them for a year so it would probably be REALLLLLY stupid to get but maybe someone else would be interested.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
That looks like an awesomely terrible alternative to a 250 Ninja. I'd be all over that in a heartbeat, but I'm a complete masochist for orphan/unpopular bieks. I've only seen an SRX600 up for sale before, but I imagine it's not entirely unrelated. On the bright side, it means that once you have it, there's not chance of anyone having any bright ideas/ready parts for you to modify it. On the downside, no/few parts/support for fixing and maintaining it.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

2008 Aprilia Shiver $3500
http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/mcy/5149429907.html

Not really what I'm looking for, though.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Simkin posted:

I'm a complete masochist for orphan/unpopular bieks.

Why don't you have a Buell already?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Revvik posted:

2008 Aprilia Shiver $3500
http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/mcy/5149429907.html

Not really what I'm looking for, though.

DOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT

(lol at calling it high-performance though, it's not slow but you'd characterise the power best in the Rolls-Royce tradition as "sufficient")

e: actually it's an '08 and a price that low suggests that the clutch springs have gone (an issue on '09 and earlier bikes and their only major vice), he's not got it fixed quickly enough and has just found out how much a whole new clutch costs.

e2: also he's using stock photos of the bike, ignore it. Go buy a Shiver from someone else though.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 31, 2015

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
The whole "it's not slow, but..." is exactly not what I want though, so a Shiver will probably never fit the bill. I already have an "it's not slow, but..." bike, my Sportster.

Good to know things like that about the clutch though, I'd have never known on my own.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Revvik posted:

The whole "it's not slow, but..." is exactly not what I want though, so a Shiver will probably never fit the bill. I already have an "it's not slow, but..." bike, my Sportster.

Good to know things like that about the clutch though, I'd have never known on my own.

Eh, it's not "not slow, but" like a Harley is, it's "not slow, but" in the modern naked middleweight class where bikes like the Striple have power-weight ratios better than litre bikes of the late 90s. But yeah if you want a face-melter then you could definitely do with something else.

(The upside of that is where the engine's more relaxed (and it says a lot about modern bike engines that 95hp from a 750 twin is considered "relaxed") you get ridiculously huge service intervals - 12,500 miles/2 years, with valve adjustments every other service)

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

goddamnedtwisto posted:

(The upside of that is where the engine's more relaxed (and it says a lot about modern bike engines that 95hp from a 750 twin is considered "relaxed") you get ridiculously huge service intervals - 12,500 miles/2 years, with valve adjustments every other service)

:raise:

Try 26k valve service intervals, then you have 'relaxed with huge service intervals'.

(from a 998cc making ~150ish crank HP - or - roughly 150 hp/l vs. the 126 hp/l from your 750 above

Of course the Shiver wouldn't be Italian if it didn't need frequent servicing and maintenance, so, y' know, :italy:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

HotCanadianChick posted:

:raise:

Try 26k valve service intervals, then you have 'relaxed with huge service intervals'.

(from a 998cc making ~150ish crank HP - or - roughly 150 hp/l vs. the 126 hp/l from your 750 above

Of course the Shiver wouldn't be Italian if it didn't need frequent servicing and maintenance, so, y' know, :italy:

So you get an extra 1000 miles? Score.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

clutchpuck posted:

Why don't you have a Buell already?

Because I haven't seen any crop up in my impulse buy territory yet. Well, other than a Blast or five. :effort:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

goddamnedtwisto posted:

So you get an extra 1000 miles? Score.

How does 12,500 mile vs. 26,000 mile service interval equate to a 1000 mile difference? Is that some of the new math they're teaching in public schools over there?

Militant Lesbian fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 3, 2015

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

HotCanadianChick posted:

How does 12,500 mile vs. 26,000 mile service interval equate to a 1000 mile difference? Is that some of the new math they're teaching in public schools over there?

This means your valves would be serviced every 25,000 miles, at "every other service".

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

HotCanadianChick posted:

Valve adjustments every other service on the Shiver = 2x12,500 = 25,000

In fact given how few factors 26 has I'm intrigued what your minor service intervals are like because I'm fairly sure it's not 26 (or even 13) thousand miles....

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Revvik posted:

I'll sell you a 2013 RC8R. 6800 miles. Tires only have 1k on them too.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Digital_Jesus posted:

I'll sell you a 2013 RC8R. 6800 miles. Tires only have 1k on them too.

Not a Duke not interested (those are gorgeous, just not affordable - I have a feeling if I spent more than $4k on this, I'd be homeless)

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Revvik posted:

Not a Duke not interested (those are gorgeous, just not affordable - I have a feeling if I spent more than $4k on this, I'd be homeless)

Just dropped the price on my '13 duke 690 to $6750 for a goon. Come pick it up this weekend, tia.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Valve adjustments every other service on the Shiver = 2x12,500 = 25,000

In fact given how few factors 26 has I'm intrigued what your minor service intervals are like because I'm fairly sure it's not 26 (or even 13) thousand miles....

Nah there are minor ones in there too, HCC did not understand what you were saying.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
If I had a garage I'm pretty sure I'd n+1 http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/5121972761.html

Edit: err maybe not 96k miles!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Dutymode posted:

If I had a garage I'm pretty sure I'd n+1 http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/5121972761.html

Edit: err maybe not 96k miles!

eh... she's just getting broken in.
I changed the original alternator on a 300k mi one of those.
The owner was forced to stop into our shop when the bike crapped out halfway from maine to florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Is this a very reasonable price or a screaming deal?

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/5155671300.html