Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mirthless posted:

Good. The faster we replace our most menial jobs with robots, the faster we get a guaranteed minimum income and end our ridiculous societal attachment to labor for sake of labor.

When you have like ~50% of the population screaming "LET HIM DIE" at party sponsored death rallies in response to the question of what to do about a helpless person people out of jobs due to the job not existing anymore aren't going to be put on a minimum income. I think the worst thing about Bernie supporters is they vastly underestimate how unsympathetic a near majority of non-rich Americans are. Evil and money are not directly related things; poor people are perfectly capable of being terrible awful people.

It's like the Bobby Jindal thing, would it be racist to call him is real name all the time as a dig? Yes! Except he has intentionally done his best to white wash himself (no really the dudes portraits make his skin color several shades lighter than it actually is) and appeal to the most disgusting racists in America; bringing up his real name is poinent because he changed his name to avoid being treated as an outside due to racism but has gone on to be a vile disgusting racist himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Also, Trots, which Bernie is not, but gets confused with because everyone to the left of FDR in American politics gets lumped together.

Which is extremely lol as Trots loving hate Bernie for 'selling out'.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

DOOP posted:

Linkin Park gets a bad rap these days but Hybrid Theory and Meteora were real good albums

No.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Which is extremely lol as Trots loving hate Bernie for 'selling out'.

Well, duh. Hating people for selling out is kind of the whole point.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

So, if all of the manual labor jobs are gonna get replaced with machines, then does that mean we just take the 50% unemployment rate and deal with it or do we instill a basic income instead?

Haha, like there was ever an option.

:smith:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Thump! posted:

So, if all of the manual labor jobs are gonna get replaced with machines, then does that mean we just take the 50% unemployment rate and deal with it or do we instill a basic income instead?

Well, someone is going to have to fix those robots, and furthermore, *frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt*

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Thump! posted:

I imagine the interim solution will involve a lot of favelas and sneering.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Today:

Tomorrow:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
So those latest polls with Perry doing about 2-3 and Kasich at 5...does that knock Perry out of the debates entirely? (lol, no, Fox will change the rules again to make sure he's there, but...)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

OAquinas posted:

So those latest polls with Perry doing about 2-3 and Kasich at 5...does that knock Perry out of the debates entirely? (lol, no, Fox will change the rules again to make sure he's there, but...)

They changed the criteria recently so that everyone who the polls ask about by name and get any support are in

How are they going to accommodate 15 or more candidates? It is a mystery

e: Oh, that's only for the pre-main event debate apparently - so the main debate will have the top 10 polling (which Perry likely will be in) and the detritus debate will have the rest...

double edit actually it looks like Perry is polling in 11th place so you're right lol he will sit at the kiddie table with Rick Santorum and Carly Fiorina

my bony fealty fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 30, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Maybe they want to stuff the room so Trump has to push in and talk over even more people.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

OAquinas posted:

Funny you ask.

quote:

Contenders for each event will be selected on August 4 from an average of five national polls chosen by Fox. But which polls the network will use remains an open question and a source of controversy.

The candidates with the most on the line are Rick Perry and John Kasich. As things stand now, both are in contention to land the tenth and final prime-time spot, depending on which polls are averaged. According to sources, advisers for both Kasich and Perry have been calling Fox trying to find out which polls Fox is considering and how they will break a tie. “We don’t know what methodology they’re going to use. We’ve been asking the question and they haven’t shared,” says a Kasich adviser who, like all campaign sources I spoke with, agreed to speak on background for fear of angering Ailes. (Fox spokesperson Irena Briganti did not respond to requests for comment.)

In the absence of a clear answer from the network, advisers for both Kasich and Perry have taken to lobbying Ailes and Fox executives to use polls that put their guy over the line. One person close to the Perry campaign told me that GOP fund-raiser and Ailes friend Georgette Mosbacher recently called Ailes on behalf of the former Texas Governor. Other strategists cautioned that selling Ailes too aggressively could backfire. “Anyone who knows Roger knows that ain’t gonna work,” a longtime operative said.

The thinking among the strategists I spoke with is that Ailes faces conflicting impulses when it comes to choosing Perry or Kasich. On the one hand, Ailes is certainly hoping to produce the best television, which would give the unpredictable Perry the advantage. “People will want Perry in just because of the ‘oops’ factor,” one GOP media adviser said, referring to Perry’s infamous brain freeze from 2012. Others stressed Kasich’s close relationship with Ailes, an Ohio native. Before getting back into politics, Kasich hosted a weekly Fox show. “Roger likes Kasich,” a Fox insider told me. “Plus Roger knows it'll look awful if the sitting governor isn't on that stage.”

:iiam:

(but that article was obviously written before Kasich had that poll at 5%. Kasich is pretty clearly in, and Perry out now.)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Bernie Paloma

0.5 oz. Vermont maple syrup

0.5 oz. fresh lime juice

2 oz. fresh grapefruit juice

2 oz. silver tequila

Garnish: “salt air,” which is made by emulsifying sea salt, lime juice, water and Sucro with a hand blender.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Fox hasn't said which polls will determine who gets in, but according to the RCP average Kasich is in and Perry out right now.

Beaten I guess

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

my bony fealty posted:

They changed the criteria recently so that everyone who the polls ask about by name and get any support are in

How are they going to accommodate 15 or more candidates? It is a mystery

e: Oh, that's only for the pre-main event debate apparently - so the main debate will have the top 10 polling (which Perry likely will be in) and the detritus debate will have the rest...

Turn the cameras around and have them all sit in the stands.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

I can't wait until the other candidates dog pile him and look like assholes while he gets to look like the adult in the room.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
From what I've seen of Kasich I think he'd be one of the strongest GOP nominees. One of the few I'd actually be worried about.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
10 crazy Republican blowhards enter, 10 crazy Republican blowhards leave. But who can challenge the Trump

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Well, that's just like your opinion, man

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Donald Trump has a secret plan to fight inflation.

quote:

Lewandowski said the mainstream media will not dictate to them how they should release their specific policies, reiterating that the policy positions are done.

“They’re done and we’re waiting, you know, for our schedule and we won’t be, you know, dictated to by the mainstream media to tell us what we should or shouldn’t be doing and how these positions should be put out front,” he stated. “You know we have been held to a different standard in this race than every other candidate and so, you know, what we are not going to do is to allow them to drive the narrative of how our campaign should be run.”

So far, Trump has said his health care plan is to “repeal and replace (ObamaCare) with something terrific,” that he’ll build a fence across the U.S.-Mexican border and make Mexico pay for it, and that he’ll defeat ISIS because he “would hit them so hard your head would spin.”

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

DOOP posted:

Hey look you tried hard, and got so far in convincing us. But in the end it doesn't even matter because they will forever be associated with pre-teens scared of metal but wanting to be edgy.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 22, 2016

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Hey look you tried hard, and got so far in convincing us. But in the end it doesn't even matter because they will forever be associated with pre-teens scared of metal but wanting to be edgy.

Oh god I'm getting flashbacks to when I was 16 and working at Dairy Queen

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Now swap the heads in photoshop

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

man i wish i didn't have to miss this debate

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

a shameful boehner posted:

Oh god I'm getting flashbacks to when I was 16 and working at Dairy Queen

Sorry for that, I know it's not all right. I'm breaking the habit tonight.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

DOOP posted:

you managed to say an entire genre of music sucks, and then defend Linkin Park, within two pages

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Tesseraction posted:

Linkin Park's music hasn't aged well, but l will maintain their first few albums were real good for that time period

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

you managed to say an entire genre of music sucks, and then defend Linkin Park, within two pages

That's just like, my opinion man

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 30, 2015

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

DOOP posted:

Linkin Park's music hasn't aged well, but l will forever maintain their first few albums were real good for that time period

So you would say that it's not crossed this new divide?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

thats not candy posted:

I don't understand what the problem is with free movement of labor. I'm not sure why migrants would automatically work for 2 or 3 dollars unless a state specifically says only citizens are guaranteed minimum wage, which seems like an absurd policy unless you're a Koch.

Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Tesseraction posted:

So you would say that it's not crossed this new divide?

Har har har

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Venom Snake posted:

When you have like ~50% of the population screaming "LET HIM DIE" at party sponsored death rallies in response to the question of what to do about a helpless person people out of jobs due to the job not existing anymore aren't going to be put on a minimum income. I think the worst thing about Bernie supporters is they vastly underestimate how unsympathetic a near majority of non-rich Americans are. Evil and money are not directly related things; poor people are perfectly capable of being terrible awful people.

It's like the Bobby Jindal thing, would it be racist to call him is real name all the time as a dig? Yes! Except he has intentionally done his best to white wash himself (no really the dudes portraits make his skin color several shades lighter than it actually is) and appeal to the most disgusting racists in America; bringing up his real name is poinent because he changed his name to avoid being treated as an outside due to racism but has gone on to be a vile disgusting racist himself.

feel the bern, stuff empathy down the throats of the scoiopaths

Thump! posted:

if this happens the rich die imo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

DOOP posted:

Har har har

Seriously it took 3 posts for you to notice?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Trump wants to bring a private helicopter to the Iowa State Fair and give rides to the kids.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-children.html

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 22, 2016

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Yes. Nu metal. "Real good" regardless of time period. Music that could only have come from the mean streets of Agoura Hills, California where street sweeping is performed but twice a week. Twenty-somethings screaming about their parents being total drags, but tempered in such a way to allow the children of said parents to blast their rebellious anthems from their bedrooms (I said close that door, Jonathan!) with impunity. Ageless. Classic.

As satirised best by Benjamin 'Origami' Folds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34u_3Z9_LUw

(Written to take this piss out of KoRn as I recall)

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Pinterest Mom posted:

Trump wants to bring a private helicopter to the Iowa State Fair and give rides to the kids.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-children.html

This is, without irony, the coolest thing Trump will do. I'm pretty sure 99.9% of Iowans, and probably Americans, never have or will again get the chance to ride in a helicopter. My only complaint is he should bring a few helicopters so all the kids can get a turn.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Is his next Trump hat going to be blue or is he going to secretly reveal he doesn't oppose gay marriage by wearing all six pride colors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Is his next Trump hat going to be blue or is he going to secretly reveal he doesn't oppose gay marriage by wearing all six pride colors?

Couldn't make him look more ridiculous.

• Locked thread