Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I will have to catch up on centers by selecting

Kyle Turris

And

Aleksander Barkov
Well, this makes my decision easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

tofes posted:

eXXon and the Hurricanes select John Klingberg because they like players named John.

I guess it was too much to hope for...

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Oh poo poo, my turn again? Winnipeg takes Keith Yandle.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Turris is better than Barkov by a fair margin, has an incredible contract, and is a huge steal. I really think Barkov is being overvalued based on potential here.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Corey Crawford - G - 6'2" 200lbs - Catches L

In the past year I've gone from thinking Crawford was a very average goaltender, to one I will grudgingly admit seems to be pretty good. Maybe even one of the better goaltenders in the league. A technically proficient goaltender in the mid 80s born French Canadian goaltender style, he's not going to wow you with highlight reel saves. However, he's efficient in his movement and generally a reliable backstop.

I feel weird selecting him so high because I don't think I thought of him as ranking among the top 20 goaltenders in the league last year, but seems I've been proven wrong. He's signed for too much for too long though.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

Turris is better than Barkov by a fair margin, has an incredible contract, and is a huge steal. I really think Barkov is being overvalued based on potential here.

Did you watch him play last year? He's already one of the best defensive centers in the conference and he's loving 19.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ThinkTank posted:

Corey Crawford - G - 6'2" 200lbs - Catches L

In the past year I've gone from thinking Crawford was a very average goaltender, to one I will grudgingly admit seems to be pretty good. Maybe even one of the better goaltenders in the league. A technically proficient goaltender in the mid 80s born French Canadian goaltender style, he's not going to wow you with highlight reel saves. However, he's efficient in his movement and generally a reliable backstop.

I feel weird selecting him so high because I don't think I thought of him as ranking among the top 20 goaltenders in the league last year, but seems I've been proven wrong. He's signed for too much for too long though.

Crawford is average as gently caress. There's 30 or 40 other goalies that could and would win a cup with that team in front of them.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Should we auto El Galinero again or something? Just treat him as a bot for the time being?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Should we auto El Galinero again or something? Just treat him as a bot for the time being?

Who should he take?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

tofes posted:

Who should he take?

Lou?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Just give him the highest scoring forward still out. Ribeiro?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Ribiero would both be fair and cool cuz I wouldn't draft him anyway for being a piece of poo poo

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Menamino posted:

Ribiero would both be fair and cool cuz I wouldn't draft him anyway for being a piece of poo poo

Same. He'd have Hudler/Ribeiro down the middle, which is reasonably fair for a no-show.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Fine. The Flames select Mike "the rapist" Ribiero.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

petition to rename them to the Calgary Special Victims Unit in light of this new acquisition

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I'm out, but when is my pick?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I'm out, but when is my pick?

4 picks from now but after vjeff, who is in the same spot as last time where I have his list but he didn't specify whether it was only for last round or this one as well so I'm not picking unless I hear from him. Might but a while

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Hi I would like to strongly protest separating Henrik and Daniel, particularly for a drat auto-drafting team.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

This was a tough a choice for me, I was originally planning on taking a defenseman but I think most of the guys I was considering will still be available in the next few rounds. Instead the Arizona(?) Coyotes are proud to select Brandon Saad.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, I actually really wanted to try and get the Sedins. Oh well, Zetterberg is a nice consolation.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mentholmoose posted:

Hi I would like to strongly protest separating Henrik and Daniel, particularly for a drat auto-drafting team.

Lol too bad. I got burned last year by drafting Hank early and trying to wait on Daniel til the 5th or 6th so suck it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Paulocaust posted:

Lol too bad. I got burned last year by drafting Hank early and trying to wait on Daniel til the 5th or 6th so suck it

Why the hell would you draft Hank and then not immediately pick Daniel with your very next pick?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

VJeff posted:

Why the hell would you draft Hank and then not immediately pick Daniel with your very next pick?

because everyone knows that the sedins are powerless when apart, so who would draft the second solo sedin

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm alarmed at what this makes my team look like, but...
Tay Tay needs his best bro Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm alarmed at what this makes my team look like, but...
Tay Tay needs his best bro Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

I was wondering when he would go. Young, sickly talented, but I passed on him because he's a really really one-dimensional player. Terrible on draws, not very physical, bad defensively.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I was wondering when he would go. Young, sickly talented, but I passed on him because he's a really really one-dimensional player. Terrible on draws, not very physical, bad defensively.

So he's Kessel without the extra chromosome.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aye Doc posted:

because everyone knows that the sedins are powerless when apart, so who would draft the second solo sedin

Literally this. I think it was mentholmoose that did it in the first fantasy draft two years ago and got Daniel criminally late because no one wanted to break them up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's :killdozer: time

From the Red Wings, D - Niklas Kronwall

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
RNH is probably due for a big jump again I bet although maybe not since McJesus will eat his PP minutes possibly

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Paulocaust posted:

Literally this. I think it was mentholmoose that did it in the first fantasy draft two years ago and got Daniel criminally late because no one wanted to break them up.

I don't think I drafted him before, though there's no way I'm looking it up to prove it.

I wouldn't have minded if somebody actually drafted Daniel this go around, but It does kind of piss me off that he went to an owner that hasn't even made a single pick, particularly because I would have picked Daniel with my pick coming up today if he was there.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

VJeff posted:

It's :killdozer: time

From the Red Wings, D - Niklas Kronwall

Hm, interesting

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Cool, my turn. I know when it comes back around to me, the 2C options are going to suck donkeys, but there are not many possession-driving players still left, and I feel like, even though he's offensively declining, my next pick is still an absolute monster away from the puck and is going to play in all situations, and he's good for 60 points. I have a hard-on for players who are good in all situations and good defensively. I want my team to be balanced and difficult to play against in all three zones. So, with this being said:

The New Jersey Devils are proud to select Marian Hossa to complement Derek Stepan on the first line and to complement the game-dominating defensive pairing of Victor Hedman and Ryan McDonagh.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mentholmoose posted:

I don't think I drafted him before, though there's no way I'm looking it up to prove it.

I wouldn't have minded if somebody actually drafted Daniel this go around, but It does kind of piss me off that he went to an owner that hasn't even made a single pick, particularly because I would have picked Daniel with my pick coming up today if he was there.

Life is pain

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Cool, my turn. I know when it comes back around to me, the 2C options are going to suck donkeys, but there are not many possession-driving players still left, and I feel like, even though he's offensively declining, my next pick is still an absolute monster away from the puck and is going to play in all situations, and he's good for 60 points. I have a hard-on for players who are good in all situations and good defensively. I want my team to be balanced and difficult to play against in all three zones. So, with this being said:

The New Jersey Devils are proud to select Marian Hossa to complement Derek Stepan on the first line and to complement the game-dominating defensive pairing of Victor Hedman and Ryan McDonagh.

gently caress you. :mad:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

tofes posted:

Hm, interesting

Don't try and perceive my drafting strategy, it's impossible for plebians such as yourselves.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Terrible contract

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

tofes posted:

Terrible contract

It goes and goes and goes so yeah, not great, but he'll probably retire before it ends and he's easily gonna be a $5m player for the next couple years.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I literally had a post written up for a d-man but gently caress it. Kronwall was probably the last clear cut #1 D that isn't 38 years old so I'm taking David Backes because depth down the middle, defense, consistent 25-30 goal scorer, leadership, intangibles etc...

e: Gaudreau-Mackinnon-?
?-Backes-?

Price

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Alright, I'm terrible at write-ups, so have a series of images for Henrik Sedin, 2010 Hart Trophy and Art Ross Trophy winner, the Flyers third round pick:

I'll post my next pick in a few once I figure out who's available. All but one guy from my 15 person list was taken since I took Henrik and I don't want that guy as much, so I need to figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Oh wait, Sami Vatanen hasn't been taken yet, I'll pick him because he's ridiculously good with the puck. Also he just turned 24 and will probably continue to get better.

Here's the Flyers so far:

Voracek-Henrik-Kane

Vatanen

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 30, 2015

• Locked thread