Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Also, holy poo poo, look how much his design has changed since his first appearance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

New Leaf posted:

Also, holy poo poo, look how much his design has changed since his first appearance!

Yeah, I hate the new skinny Satan. He doesn't look like a Champ anymore.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

projecthalaxy posted:

You could make your created guy's aura black in Ultimate Tenkaichi and I did because he was a misunderstood soul whose heart yearned for a worthy battle.
I made mine hot pink and gave him that move that ends in an inazuma dick-stomp. Seemed the right way to treat that game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Guys...Grandpa Piccolo is probably the greatest thing ever.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I want Piccolo's renaissance to be defending Pan from some crazed space monster. He's the bestest and I hate that he's been sidelined by Saiyan nonsense.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

New Leaf posted:

I want Piccolo's renaissance to be defending Pan from some crazed space monster. He's the bestest and I hate that he's been sidelined by Saiyan nonsense.

So basically his role in all the movies where he comes out of nowhere, saves gohan, and then jobs to the villain while goku powers up?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My biggest wish for Dragonball Super, besides making Broly canon, is to for them to make Piccolo matter in fights. Give him another fusion so he can fight the second form of the next big villain like he did with Frieza, at least.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Great Beer posted:

So basically his role in all the movies where he comes out of nowhere, saves gohan, and then jobs to the villain while goku powers up?

He hasn't really been in a position to do that for a while, but I want him to lose his poo poo when someone goes after Pan and defeat the main baddie while everyone else looks on in stunned silence. Hell, he barely even ATTEMPTED to fight in the Buu saga.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They don't even need to find a disposable namekian for Piccolo to fuse with, they can just give him a new aura he achieved through meditation sometime after Buu died and call it A NEW FORM and have him at least be able to participate in the crazier fights

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
piccolo actually starts eating food instead of subsisting on water and bulks up so hard he can 1 shot beerus

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

As much as I love Piccolo, hes never really accomplished much outside of killing Raditz. He dies before they can fight Vegeta and from then on he holds off Frieza and 17 but that's about it for fights. Hell his fight against Cooler's squad is by far the coolest fight he's been given and that was in a movie.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Amorphous Blob posted:

As much as I love Piccolo, hes never really accomplished much outside of killing Raditz. He dies before they can fight Vegeta and from then on he holds off Frieza and 17 but that's about it for fights. Hell his fight against Cooler's squad is by far the coolest fight he's been given and that was in a movie.

That's pretty much true for every character that isn't Goku. It's just the way Dragonball is.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The new power up is God Ki, Piccolo literally absorbed God this should be an easy upgrade path for him.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

This guy makes Goku and Chi Chi feel like middle schoolers with a crush.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Neo_Crimson posted:

piccolo actually starts drinking protein shakes instead of water and bulks up so hard he can 1 shot beerus

There we go, perfect.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Covok posted:

More of this, please, or at least a source. I love :3: poo poo like this.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Reinanigans posted:

I found it on safebooru here and here. Doesn't list an artist, though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

It really discouraged me that Piccolo assumed something was up with Supreme Kai, but he didn't know poo poo about Beerus and outright attacked him when everyone else jumped in.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Covok posted:

That's not too far off from how it comes off in the show really

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Reinanigans posted:

Here you go (Pixiv)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Is this Japanese deviantart?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Covok posted:

Is this Japanese deviantart?

yes

Covok
May 27, 2013

Is it full of weird stuff and furries like American Deviantart?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Covok posted:

It's an art site on the internet, that's pretty much a given

Covok
May 27, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

It's an art site on the internet, that's pretty much a given

I don't know why I even asked.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Covok posted:

I was going to make a joke and tell you what to search for if you wanted the equivalent of western furry art on pixiv, but honestly its not worth it. Suffice to say you should always search with R-18 filtering on.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't think I'm going to be able to see Revival of F in theaters, sadly. About how long after the theatrical run did Battle of Gods become available for purchase?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Here's a cool video:

http://youtu.be/Zq1aPOunsFA

Covok
May 27, 2013

Clicked the video, saw this:

quote:

Kamehameha Wave is the most iconic piece of DBZ lore out there and it took some serious science to explain how we could bring this incredible power out of the TV series and into the real world!

Didn't watch.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Covok posted:

Clicked the video, saw this:

Didn't watch.

It's really bad, same guy who does Game Theory which is also really bad.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My biggest wish for Dragonball Super, besides making Broly canon, is to for them to make Piccolo matter in fights. Give him another fusion so he can fight the second form of the next big villain like he did with Frieza, at least.

Can't he just lay a bunch of eggs then absorb them?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is it anything like the episodes of Mythbusters where they do TV/movie stuff

those episodes are hilariously awesome (I remember the one where they tried the Underworld shoot-a-hole-in-the-floor thing being hilarious as gently caress specifically)

e: it's not, but if you're completely unaware of DB's ties to real-world mythology it's probably interesting (so, lots of normies and basically nobody in this thread)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Ak Gara posted:

I think that's a zero sum game - it's not like Kami/Piccolo is stronger than the original namekian.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Is it anything like the episodes of Mythbusters where they do TV/movie stuff

those episodes are hilariously awesome (I remember the one where they tried the Underworld shoot-a-hole-in-the-floor thing being hilarious as gently caress specifically)

No it's more like some guy with a vaguely annoying voice making terrible jokes and just being generally tedious.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Myth busters should do an episode on turning into a giant ape

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Douchebag fails to understand kung-fu magic tricks for 15 minutes. I though he was gonna go somewhere when he mentioned the ideas of real life "ki" but he waved it off. Sorry, but just cuz Krillin can do it does NOT mean you can.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Myth busters should do an episode on turning into a giant ape

hurble durble blutz waves are not real and sounds like butts waves.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Ak Gara posted:

Wait better idea, have Piccolo lay an egg so Pan has a playmate, i'd rather see that episode

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's just terrible jokes and way too many words all for the sake of saying "ki is plasma". Also, he references Gaijin Goomba.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ekusukariba posted:

Wait better idea, have Piccolo lay an egg so Pan has a playmate, i'd rather see that episode

Piccolo Jr gets trained by Goku and wears an orange gi all the time with the king piccolo symbol on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

Piccolo Jr gets trained by Goku and wears an orange gi all the time with the king piccolo symbol on it

Piccolo Jr is the Piccolo who exists throughout all of DBZ. :colbert:

• Locked thread