Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
I found https://www.deltiasgaming.com has some really good guides for learning about the basic mechanics of a lot of the game. They have an awesome champion point calculator as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Could I get an invite to ebonheart goons to @Coolwhoami?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I put a few stacks of low level black smithing supplies in the Ebon Goon bank until it was full. I am having technological problems and haven't been able to play as much as I would like. Hopefully sorted soon or play in gimped mode some until it is.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

OptimusMatrix posted:

I found https://www.deltiasgaming.com has some really good guides for learning about the basic mechanics of a lot of the game. They have an awesome champion point calculator as well.

I'm leveling my dps DK using this guy's build and it is a monster. Guy really goes in depth with a lot of pvp stuff too if you're into that.

anatolehp
Jun 5, 2013
I would like an Ebonheart Pact PC invite please, my username is PrimordialFlu.

Bryaugh
Mar 7, 2004

I think this game could be fun, already getting alt-itis wanting to try out different versions of all the classes.

edit: Got the invite, thanks!

Bryaugh fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 31, 2015

Skallagrimsson
Aug 7, 2003

Straining my strength I grappled,
Staggered the wordy foeman;
My tooth I bade bite him.
Best of swords at need.
Could I get an invite to the PS4 guilds? Daggerfall?

PSN - Samonides

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Can I get an invite to the Ebonheart guild please. @hellsting

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
Hell, guess I am looking for an Ebonheart/Daggerfall/Circle or whatever the gently caress invite on PC @bone_enterprise, thanks lovelies.

*edit*

Thanks!

Bone_Enterprise fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jul 31, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, I'm just hanging around Stonefalls and the surrounding areas, killing scamps, trying to get into fights with Nord workers, blah blah blah... where do I go to access the goon guild bank?

EDIT: Well, drat, looking it up, apparently I can just access the goon stuff from any bank? Why do I see other guild names when going up to people who are labeled as 'bank' then?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 30, 2015

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

the perk that gives more exp when broken down is king of king.

Where is this located, I can't seem to find it?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, I'm just hanging around Stonefalls and the surrounding areas, killing scamps, trying to get into fights with Nord workers, blah blah blah... where do I go to access the goon guild bank?

EDIT: Well, drat, looking it up, apparently I can just access the goon stuff from any bank? Why do I see other guild names when going up to people who are labeled as 'bank' then?

You're probably seeing guild traders.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

JackBadass posted:

You're probably seeing guild traders.

Ah ok. So, I'm assuming that I can buy from them, but can only sell within the Goon guild, right?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ah ok. So, I'm assuming that I can buy from them, but can only sell within the Goon guild, right?
Yes.
The way it works is that from the bank you can access the Store of the guilds you are part of. Those guilds can have vendors in cities and in captured zones in Cyrodiil where non-members can buy from, but not sell through.

Also bunch of invites sent.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Okay so I spent a little time researching and stuff like that, redid my character and went with a Dragonknight/Dark Elf instead. The fire chain thing is really cool so I'm having fun.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

Haerc posted:

Where is this located, I can't seem to find it?

Don't think any of them gives you more exp, I think he was talking about the skill that gives you more crafting materials from deconstructing poo poo. :shrug:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Skeezy posted:

Okay so I spent a little time researching and stuff like that, redid my character and went with a Dragonknight/Dark Elf instead. The fire chain thing is really cool so I'm having fun.

I'll try to craft some stuff for you.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Aramek posted:

I'll try to craft some stuff for you.

Thank you so much.

---

The voice chat thing is so god drat weird. Sometimes it's a neat thing, for example I was eavesdropping on a regular rear end conversation between two guys talking about routers or some poo poo (one of the dudes was named TheGamingFedora lol) it wasn't anything special but interesting enough.

The funniest poo poo was either someone's baby crying over their mic for a while, or when someone manages to play music properly for an extended period of time. But more often then not voice chat is off. Hopefully they add text chat soon if ever.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

So seeing how guilds aren't limited to a single alliance can I get an invite into the goon EB guild on xbone. Name is Optimus Matrix

OptimusMatrix fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 31, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

OptimusMatrix posted:

So seeing how guilds aren't limited to a single alliance can I get an invite into the goon EB guild. Name is Optimus Matrix

Is this on PS4, PC, or what?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
My blacksmith is a couple of pieces away from making 5 trait sets. Heavy armor isn't popular for most folks, but I am happy to make four trait sets for folks up to orichalcum now and dwarven soon. I know all the basic motifs and put a bunch ingots in the bank so could use those.

@naktl Ebon Goons PC

Also leveling some clothing guys. Very low level, but happy to exchange via mail for deconstructs.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Skeezy posted:

Thank you so much.

---

The voice chat thing is so god drat weird. Sometimes it's a neat thing, for example I was eavesdropping on a regular rear end conversation between two guys talking about routers or some poo poo (one of the dudes was named TheGamingFedora lol) it wasn't anything special but interesting enough.

The funniest poo poo was either someone's baby crying over their mic for a while, or when someone manages to play music properly for an extended period of time. But more often then not voice chat is off. Hopefully they add text chat soon if ever.
I find it weird how gaming culture has sort of shifted.
Ever console game has voice chat, and every console player owns a mic. Its garbage and horrible, and the game would be better off with chat.

PC games never have voice anymore, and if they do no one has a mic. Text chat is garbage and horrible and should be turned off. Having voice for dungeons and pvp would make the game way better.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

eSporks posted:

I find it weird how gaming culture has sort of shifted.
Ever console game has voice chat, and every console player owns a mic. Its garbage and horrible, and the game would be better off with chat.

PC games never have voice anymore, and if they do no one has a mic. Text chat is garbage and horrible and should be turned off. Having voice for dungeons and pvp would make the game way better.

I totally see the appeal of voice chat for dungeons and pvp. I think both voice and text chat have their place tbh.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Skeezy posted:

Is this on PS4, PC, or what?

I'm an idiot. Xbone

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just completed my first veteran dungeon. Took 3 hours. Loved every minute

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Which one?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Skeezy posted:

I totally see the appeal of voice chat for dungeons and pvp. I think both voice and text chat have their place tbh.

Voice chat certainly has a place for parties. Expecting it to work for zone and guild chat is just idiotic.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Yo lemme in on the XBone krew for this game. I'm a level 12 Dwemer Sorcerer (yeah I know, should have been Altmer) with maxed out tit and rear end sliders. Ebonheart Pact obvs.

Gt:Rasheed Walrus

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scyantific posted:

Which one?

The undaunted one today on Xbox. It was banished cells I think? It had some big deadrea that shot fire, a boss that had death orbs, and a final boss with deadrea that spawned and feast orbs. Also blue fire that basically instankilled.

It took a little while because I was figuring stuff out on the fly and really we only wiped 4 times the entire go.

I grouped up with 3 guys looking for a healer not knowing what I was getting into. They were all vet 8 or 9. I just hit vet 1. They were so impressed with my dope healin skillz they invited me to their guild and want me to be their healer from now on. Feels good

Vile fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 31, 2015

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Voice chat should be a group-only opt in thing, and the console version absolutely needs text chat.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why does console need text chat. 1 how would that work. And 2 I think it's fine right now ??

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Getting groups and selling/trading would be infinitely easier. Same with asking general questions, etc.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Vile posted:

Why does console need text chat. 1 how would that work. And 2 I think it's fine right now ??

So I can interact with people on the game without having to hear their voices. SmartGlass on xBox would work fine. Congratulations.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just send messages to people?

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean I guess it would be nice but it will never happen so it's kinda a waste of time even thinking about it

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Vile posted:

Vet BC

Vet BC is fun. Usually when I run it with a v14 group we run into the issue where we burn the boss too fast and end up not getting the gold key because we burn him before he spawns the three adds needed.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scyantific posted:

Vet BC is fun. Usually when I run it with a v14 group we run into the issue where we burn the boss too fast and end up not getting the gold key because we burn him before he spawns the three adds needed.

Yes we were very conscious about that and stopped hurting the adds at about 3/10 health

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Beach Party posted:

Don't think any of them gives you more exp, I think he was talking about the skill that gives you more crafting materials from deconstructing poo poo. :shrug:

No, perk was the wrong word, it is the item enchant or whatever that gives you more exp for deconstructing.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Vile posted:

1.) Just like in FFXIV and DCUO. Both systems support USB and Bluetooth keyboards.
2.) You're wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Lol lets all, instead of typing out our posts, record them and post the .wav files for download

• Locked thread