Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that Patrick guy is a natural born wrestler-grade bullshitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

epitasis posted:

the young bucks as a team predated the vaudevillains as a team, is my point, so them doing it from the outset of their existence as a team does not disqualify them from having stolen it. not that I'm saying they did

Owens in the WWE store has 19 unique items, many of which are listed in top sellers and is headlining Summerslam Night 1. But according to Bryan he's a GEEK~! now also fat.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Retromancer posted:

So Alvarez is just talking out of his rear end when he says the vaudevillains stole the young bucks pose. right? it's clearly a different pose and they've been using it as long as I can remember.

this post reminded me of

hardcore_hogan posted:

Bryan Alvarez posted:

ICHIBAN~! posted:

Improvements being?
An identifying graphic EVERY TIME a man does a little interview blurb. Not just at the beginning of the show, not once after every commercial break, EVERY TIME. I can tell you with 100 percent certainty this would be an improvement, and it's FREE.
uh, they do

Bryan Alvarez posted:

You're loving lying.

jimmylazers posted:

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 30, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

HulkaMatt posted:

this post reminded me of

An identifying graphic EVERY TIME a man does a little interview blurb. Not just at the beginning of the show, not once after every commercial break, EVERY TIME. I can tell you with 100 percent certainty this would be an improvement, and it's FREE.
uh, they do[/quote]

[/quote]

I was shocked I did not get to the end of that image with "Bryan Alvarez. Idiot" as the final image.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Onmi posted:

I was shocked I did not get to the end of that image with "Bryan Alvarez. Idiot" as the final image.

Chris Benoit
killed his family

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rovert posted:

Owens in the WWE store has 19 unique items, many of which are listed in top sellers and is headlining Summerslam Night 1. But according to Bryan he's a GEEK~! now also fat.

did you mean to quote me from the spoilers thread where I called him Tazz 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Alain Post posted:

Chris Benoit
killed his family

Dean Malenko
Not Ciclope

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

epitasis posted:

He's Québécois, not an Oompa Loompa

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This isn't really relevant, but I halfway hope Lucha Underground dies now because I want to see the idiots on the WO board who will vote for it for Promotion of the Year if that happens

(i like LU, i don't really hope it dies)

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 30, 2015

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Luigi Thirty posted:

He's Québécois, not an Oompa Loompa

Like Oompa Loompas, Québécois understand your language but refuse to speak to you in it.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Delsaber posted:

Like Oompa Loompas, Québécois understand your language but refuse to speak to you in it.

Fantastic.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Alain Post posted:

This isn't really relevant, but I halfway hope Lucha Underground dies now because I want to see the idiots on the WO board who will vote for it for Promotion of the Year if that happens

(i like LU, i don't really hope it dies)

I don't understand this post but it should definitely be weekly show of the year or w/e that category is

Promotion maybe not so much because they're not really good with the whole 'money' thing or "staying on the air maybe"

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I've heard people say it doesn't even count as a 'promotion' as such, though I can't remember any of the reasons given

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah LU for best weekly show is good

i think best promotion is probably UFC at this point. 189 just did tremendous business.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Alain Post posted:

Yeah LU for best weekly show is good

i think best promotion is probably UFC at this point. 189 just did tremendous business.

Yea, they're having a really good year PPV wise so far and there's a Rousey card coming up which is guaranteed buys and presumably McGregor/Aldo in Dallas Stadium before the year is through

They've made a new star with McGregor, hopefully they keep up their momentum

DynamiteKidd posted:

I've heard people say it doesn't even count as a 'promotion' as such, though I can't remember any of the reasons given

Well they don't tour

They don't sell tickets

Up until about a month or two ago they barely sold merch

They don't have PPVs to build to that make money

Basically they don't do anything that a normal wrasslin' promotion or MMA promotion do

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
They don't sell tickets? So they just don't make ANY money? I mean it's not like El Rey has advertisers knocking down their door.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Yuriy posted:

Well they don't tour

They don't sell tickets

Up until about a month or two ago they barely sold merch

They don't have PPVs to build to that make money

Basically they don't do anything that a normal wrasslin' promotion or MMA promotion do

but enough about TNA

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DynamiteKidd posted:

They don't sell tickets? So they just don't make ANY money? I mean it's not like El Rey has advertisers knocking down their door.

They do not make money, which is why a) they shouldn't be promotion of the year, and b) there might not be a second season

basically think of it as an extended TV pilot, they really want to get network coverage in Mexico (and probably spanish-language TV here). they were supposedly close on a deal with Canal5(?) in Mexico but it fell through.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

The fact that LU is in danger of not getting a second season is genuinely the thing that has me bummed out about wrestling the most

They put on the best hour of wrestling every week and it's not just good in one facet like NJPW's in-ring or whatever, it's just a dang good show/product

The fact that the first wrestling promotion that has been able to consistently hold my interest in a positive way sounds like it's doomed to failure is just depressing

They tried a new thing, from the Son of Havoc AMA today it sounds like the creative and locker room were actually not lovely, they didn't treat their employees like poo poo like every other wrestling promotion (Juggalos withstanding) and they failed because of it

I feel like Foochs does when the WWE fucks up probably and it's just no bueno

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

epitasis posted:

he probably misquoted and meant to quote your last post on the last page

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Yuriy posted:

They tried a new thing, from the Son of Havoc AMA today it sounds like the creative and locker room were actually not lovely, they didn't treat their employees like poo poo like every other wrestling promotion (Juggalos withstanding) and they failed because of it

i mean, i don't think that's why they're failing. they're failing because they're spending an insane amount on production before they actually had a lucrative TV deal going. which is fine if you're looking at it as an investment in the hopes that it gets picked up, but if it doesn't, it's writeoff time.

like, ROH is doing better TV numbers than LU, and actually has a touring business and look at how it looks production-wise. and I get that ROH is notorious for having poo poo for budgets, but sadly, that's kind of what LU realistically "should" be looking like.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yuriy posted:

The fact that LU is in danger of not getting a second season is genuinely the thing that has me bummed out about wrestling the most

They put on the best hour of wrestling every week and it's not just good in one facet like NJPW's in-ring or whatever, it's just a dang good show/product

The fact that the first wrestling promotion that has been able to consistently hold my interest in a positive way sounds like it's doomed to failure is just depressing

I feel like Foochs does when the WWE fucks up probably and it's just no bueno

Agreed. It's a shame that there's just really doesn't seem to be sufficient demand for wrestling alternativse in this country to support it outside of a relatively small group of internet smarks. At least NJPW's US show is doing well enough to maintain as a niche thing.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

HulkaMatt posted:

this post reminded me of

uh, they do[/quote]
[/quote]

Good times great memories.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Onmi posted:

Dean Malenko
Not Ciclope

Wait a minute.......

:aaa:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Episode 101 of the Wrestlehut Pisscast is out, wow. Lotta Hogan talk, David Bowie vs Freddie Mercury for some reason, Raw talk, 2 Hall of Fame inductees, MVP of the week, bunch of questions.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/qz6ehnkp2jxxppb/101+Wrestlehut+Pisscast%282%29.mp3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxBFmoeXCup7VmJvQjk4MmxGLTQ/view
http://ia601503.us.archive.org/18/items/101WrestlehutPisscast_20150730/101%20Wrestlehut%20Pisscast.mp3
http://pisscast.blogspot.com/ - this has the full archive of shows
Catch it on iTunes or DL it on whatever RSS you use.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bryan and Big Dave got worked by #MEGAHEEL Miz

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Dave's coverage of the Hogan story in the observer this week was excellent. It's a history of all of the scandals Hogan has been involved with and is worth a read of your interested in this story at all.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

mariooncrack posted:

Dave's coverage of the Hogan story in the observer this week was excellent. It's a history of all of the scandals Hogan has been involved with and is worth a read of your interested in this story at all.

Thanks for pointing this out. It's funny, with all the audio and stuff I listen to, I actually forget about the newsletter a lot of the time

lol

quote:

I mean, if you can’t trust the guy who lets you sleep with his hot wife, or the hot wife who sleeps with her husband’s best friend when her husband set it up, who can you trust?

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 30, 2015

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Listen to WOL if you want to hear Sempervive being really dense in response to the network numbers.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Listened to that Sam Roberts podcast - Daniel Bryan episode. DB Interview is decent.

The 'state of wrestling' thing is hosed up, Sam Roberts goes on a massive rant about hulk hogan, really just ignores that hulk hogan is a massive racist and just puts it down to "he is an idiot" and that this situation is purely down to hulk hogan hogan on a downward spiral because he did reality TV. Very badly missed the point.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Dave posted:

In the ring, Hulk Hogan slayed the biggest and the baddest. He was the right guy in the right place at the right time, and became probably the most famous pro wrestler in the history of the world. But when the final story of Hulk Hogan is written, his toughest opponents were those closest to him, but the enemy that he could never escape was himself.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Chewy Bitems posted:

Listened to that Sam Roberts podcast - Daniel Bryan episode. DB Interview is decent.

The 'state of wrestling' thing is hosed up, Sam Roberts goes on a massive rant about hulk hogan, really just ignores that hulk hogan is a massive racist and just puts it down to "he is an idiot" and that this situation is purely down to hulk hogan hogan on a downward spiral because he did reality TV. Very badly missed the point.

I've never listened to the guy's podcast, but it's funny that anywhere I've ever seen anyone discussing it, they always talk about him saying something real loving dumb.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Would Hulk Hogan ever job to himself?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Dave was asked to do color for the AAA iPPV and he turned them down because he thought Striker would do a better job :mad:

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I've never listened to the guy's podcast, but it's funny that anywhere I've ever seen anyone discussing it, they always talk about him saying something real loving dumb.

He gets good people to talk to but if the guest isn't interesting he can't make it interesting. Also Ryan of Cumberland is a oval office.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Episode 101 of the Wrestlehut Pisscast is out, wow. Lotta Hogan talk, David Bowie vs Freddie Mercury for some reason, Raw talk, 2 Hall of Fame inductees, MVP of the week, bunch of questions.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/qz6ehnkp2jxxppb/101+Wrestlehut+Pisscast%282%29.mp3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxBFmoeXCup7VmJvQjk4MmxGLTQ/view
http://ia601503.us.archive.org/18/items/101WrestlehutPisscast_20150730/101%20Wrestlehut%20Pisscast.mp3
http://pisscast.blogspot.com/ - this has the full archive of shows
Catch it on iTunes or DL it on whatever RSS you use.

As a current Target backroom employee your conversation triggered me

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dave was asked to do color for the AAA iPPV and he turned them down because he thought Striker would do a better job :mad:

Dave would be a better 3rd-wheel commentator like Tenay was in WCW. I wonder if Excalibur would ever ask him to sit in on commentary for PWG?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chewy Bitems posted:

Sam wants to keep getting WWE guests.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Chewy Bitems posted:

Well he did work with Anthony Cumia for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Mercury Crusader posted:

Would Hulk Hogan ever job to himself?

Because he knew he'd get his win back in a few months in the big rematch for a larger paycheck?

• Locked thread