Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

SplinteredMind posted:

Got my tax return (refund) here in Australia... so decided it was time to treat yo' self! Have to wait to I move into my new apartment on Saturday before I can enjoy them :(

Where did you get the diskstation / how much did it run you? I've been procrastinating about setting up a NAS for way too long and my tax return is coming soon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

I'd try it if I lived in the States.

Not to hijack this thread any more, but Soylent is the US-based company. They only ship to US & Canada.

I bought Joylent. They pretty much ship world-wide, though it's cheapest if you live in the EU.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I gave up soy for lent.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I'd also like to buy Philips Hue but they are so low power. Like 500 lumens or so in their E27 bulbs. Nope.

Bought a Stockholm rug from Ikea. The color was completely different than in photos but I bought it anyways. Reshuffled the desks a bit and moved the pc from floor to table.

Also ordered a bunch of longer cables and velcro while at it. Some day I achieve victory over all the cables.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

sweet boobies wallpaper :eyepop:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Those drawings are sweet.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

Those drawings are sweet.

Thanks! Some dude scanned a bunch of high res line drawings to Wikipedia. The prints were 20€ total.. I had to pay more from the Ikea frames... Still wondering what should I put over the piano.

The girl with boobies is Elisha Cuthbert.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That's the Chartres cathedral, too. Probably my favourite cathedral I've ever been to. Just magnificent.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Steelcase Think to replace my old Ikea Markus, although mine's all black with polished metal base and adjustable arms/lumbar. Wish I could find somewhere to get the headrest for it though, otherwise it's great.

Raikiri has a new favorite as of 16:56 on Jul 31, 2015

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Where are you guys getting these fancy office chairs? I feel like I'd have to sit in it for a while before I could commit to that much chair money.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Glottis posted:

Where are you guys getting these fancy office chairs? I feel like I'd have to sit in it for a while before I could commit to that much chair money.

From experience, there isn't any such thing as an uncomfortable steelcase chair. There is only "not adjusted to mold to my rear end" steelcase chairs.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Glottis posted:

I got mine as a refurb from eBay, £125 so not THAT expensive. Although yeah, if you're dropping £800+ on a new Herman Miller etc. then try it first. As Vendagoat says they're so adjustable it's unlikely it will be uncomfortable.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I got my Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition and Fallout Anthology preorders in while I was on my posting vacation. Can't wait! Although I own the old Fallout games at least 3x each (old physical media, Steam, GOG, console version for 3/NV... so I don't really NEED Anthology, but that bomb is cool and I'm still 12 on the inside)

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I kinda want to try Soylent to use as backpacking food, but it looks like they don't sell samples.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

bunnielab posted:

I kinda want to try Soylent to use as backpacking food, but it looks like they don't sell samples.

I'm guessing it's a carb/protein/fat blend powder with flavoring? Make your own, probably cheaper, at truenutrition.com

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Selling my Gigabyte WINDFORCE 3X Radeon 290

to help pay for a Gigabyte WINDFORCE 3X GeForce 970 because I'm an OCD moron

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Raikiri posted:

I got mine as a refurb from eBay, £125 so not THAT expensive. Although yeah, if you're dropping £800+ on a new Herman Miller etc. then try it first. As Vendagoat says they're so adjustable it's unlikely it will be uncomfortable.

I bought a used Herman Miller Aeron off Ebay for $300 without trying it out, after hearing their praises in this thread.

:iia:

App13
Dec 31, 2011

RCarr posted:

I bought a used Herman Miller Aeron off Ebay for $300 without trying it out, after hearing their praises in this thread.

:iia:

I bought one with a broken wheel for a bit under that. No adjustable armrests. It's good for getting tasks done, but sucks for lounging of any sort.

6/10. Would not buy again.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

App13 posted:

It's good for getting tasks done, but sucks for lounging of any sort.

Sounds like a defective task chair.

I just bought this eating apparatus.

It's good for eating spaghetti, but sucks for cereal of any sort.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What about it don't you like? I play vidjyagames in mine. I lean back in it and put my feet up and it's perfect.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sounds like a defective task chair.

I see your point. Definitely didn't have properly managed expectations when I got the chair

RCarr posted:

What about it don't you like? I play vidjyagames in mine. I lean back in it and put my feet up and it's perfect.

I can't really lean back in mine at all, not sure if it's an adjustment I need to make, or simply a feature that mind doesn't have. When you sit in the chair it kind of forces you to have really good posture. This is excellent for getting work done but I wouldn't mind being able to get a mean lean on while I drink and play games on a controller, for example.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That's exactly what I do in mine. There's a knob on mine that controls how much force you need to put on the back to make it lean. I turned mine all the way down to the point where if I lean back at all it easily leans the whole chair back. It's really comfortable.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

RCarr posted:

That's exactly what I do in mine. There's a knob on mine that controls how much force you need to put on the back to make it lean. I turned mine all the way down to the point where if I lean back at all it easily leans the whole chair back. It's really comfortable.

I'll have to give that a shot when I get home. The current lack of leaning is really my only complaint.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

How this compares to using hands to push food in mouth?! Can you take picture comparing size to boar femur or other standard measuring?

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Raikiri posted:

Hmm, yeah. My lovely Costco desk chair has been slowly bending since I got it and every Steelcase office chair I've used (although I haven't used the Leap) has been great. Someone is selling them for $250 apiece lightly used near me, I might grab one.

Now the question is whether or not I should return this nearly 2 year old chair back to Costco.

Glottis has a new favorite as of 23:43 on Jul 31, 2015

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

New camera, seems pretty good for 350 EUR.

e: huge picture whoa

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Sorbus posted:

New camera, seems pretty good for 350 EUR.

e: huge picture whoa

I don't know if those are decent but I want one just because of that black leathery material. Looks really nice like a Leica.

Zentrenched
Jun 7, 2005

It's all noise to me.
It's probably one of the Lumix/Leica crossover models, given the little L logo and styling.

I bought an LX7 recently and it's pretty awesome for a compact.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Huh, that's clever. Cool Yo.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

Huh, that's clever. Cool Yo.

Yeah I was in Clas Ohlson to buy nail clippers but then I saw the robofuser and had to get it. (The arms pivot so it works on almost any mug or cup.)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have two of these and their arms will snap off if you play around too much :smith:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

MaliciousOnion posted:

I'm not much of a colourist but when I saw this I had no choice.

The full image

I stumbled upon these and needed to have them

Also bought this second hand:

And finally, a year pass for the whole family to the zoo

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
yay it arrived!

and an excerpt of the piece i'll start on after i get some much-needed rest

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

:stonk:

Will you be growing extra hands for that?

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Mister Kingdom posted:

:stonk:

Will you be growing extra hands for that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQw3DvqEbxI

rachmaninov is a sadistic sonnavabitch and if i have a mental breakdown you'll know why.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rickycat posted:

and an excerpt of the piece i'll start on after i get some much-needed rest

I don't know how to read music but this looks like a cruel joke. Why the gently caress would you do this to yourself?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I don't know how to read music but this looks like a cruel joke. Why the gently caress would you do this to yourself?

Rachmaninov is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
i think amadeus summed it up pretty well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_UsmvtyxEI

but pick is right, i absolutely love rachmaninov and playing his opuses. it's hard work but incredibly satisfying when you finally have such an intricate piece completed.