Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I need to take off my thick, warm winter coat to get ready for bed, but the momentary cold that I'd be exposed to by taking it off and putting on my pajamas is something I really don't want to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cleretic posted:

I need to take off my thick, warm winter coat to get ready for bed, but the momentary cold that I'd be exposed to by taking it off and putting on my pajamas is something I really don't want to deal with.

Get changed under the covers

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The mediocre middle-eastern restaurant by my house was replaced with a sandwich shop.
Overall the food is better but the specialize in huge gut bombs so most of the customers are gross fatties and their gross fat children.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
Upgrading to windows 10 on my work laptop during my lunch break so to do my normal lunch routine of peruse SA it must be done on the awful app on my galaxy note 4.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I got a rebate card for a video card I bought a month ago except it won't work on Amazon or Steam, probably due to not having an address attached to it or something, and when I checked the balance it was already a dollar less most likely for verification purposes on one of those sites. However it's only $10, now $9 although that might be temporary, so I'm probably just gonna shred it rather than try to deal with it.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

drgnwr1 posted:

Upgrading to windows 10 on my work laptop during my lunch break so to do my normal lunch routine of peruse SA it must be done on the awful app on my galaxy note 4.

I know it's too late and you may have found out by now already, but I wouldn't upgrade on a work machine if I were you. My first world problem today is I installed 10 on my laptop and it BSOD'd about an hour after I started using it. On a Surface Pro 2. The computer that Microsoft themselves make. If they can't get it working right on their own hardware, it's probably even worse on other manufacturer's.

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
I have a Zipcar membership. I don't know why I have to look at Zipcar ads every single time I want to watch YouTube videos. You'd think they'd know.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I really want to play the new Crusader Kings expansion, but my boyfriend's desktop just died and my laptop doesn't like video games.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Monday_ posted:

I know it's too late and you may have found out by now already, but I wouldn't upgrade on a work machine if I were you. My first world problem today is I installed 10 on my laptop and it BSOD'd about an hour after I started using it. On a Surface Pro 2. The computer that Microsoft themselves make. If they can't get it working right on their own hardware, it's probably even worse on other manufacturer's.

I didn't have any issues with it for the 4 hours I was using/messing with it. See how it goes today. Came home all excited to upgrade my laptop and desktop, nope Microsoft is rolling it out in batches.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

While browsing around the net, saw this applicable site

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm so, so, so tired of playing GW2 but I'm not in the mood for any of my other games and I'm bored.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

drgnwr1 posted:

I didn't have any issues with it for the 4 hours I was using/messing with it. See how it goes today. Came home all excited to upgrade my laptop and desktop, nope Microsoft is rolling it out in batches.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

It sounds like it's only to make an installer for a DVD or USB drive but it gives you the option to install directly.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I made potstickers for dinner for the first time in ages, but everyone is either napping or at the pool and it's taking all my self-control not to eat them all.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I made potstickers for dinner for the first time in ages, but everyone is either napping or at the pool and it's taking all my self-control not to eat them all.

Go by with a tray, offer one, and if they don't accept it, eat it in front of them.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm so, so, so tired of playing GW2 but I'm not in the mood for any of my other games and I'm bored.

Same. I log in for the daily chest, harass the Guild and then log.

FWP: I spent WAY too much money on the expansion and I only really want it for the new class.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
There was a big storm and my internet is down, so now I'm browsing on a tethered connection to my cell like some kind of homeless animal.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
It's Friday night, I've had a few drinks and I've decided that I want to watch some wrestling so I have to go to the WWE website and reactivate my Network subscription, then I turn on my PS3 but I can't open the WWE app until I do a system update which means I need to reconfigure my wireless network settings. But my router was slightly out of range so I had to physically move it closer to the PlayStation. Then after the system update installed I had to change my PSN password and now the goddamn WWE app is updating.

I just wanted to watch Wrestlemania while I had a buzz going :negative:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
This local brewery cans and sells their beer and always fills up the cans too much. Every time I open one I get beer on my fingers. The beer literally goes right up to the tab and I'm tired of getting beer on my fingers.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I drank for the first time in months last night and I'm paying for it today

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Monday_ posted:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

It sounds like it's only to make an installer for a DVD or USB drive but it gives you the option to install directly.

Thank you much, it worked like a charm.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I went to one of the top restaurants in my country last night for dinner to celebrate my partners birthday. We paid an extra $40 each to have black truffle on the lamb course in our 9 course degustation menu.
I'd never had truffle before and was expecting it to be amazing. It smelt really good but I found the taste to be a bit disappointing really and not as good as I thought it was going to be. I feel like a foodie fraud now.
At least the rest of the menu was amazing and Neil Perry is the only chef who could persuade me to eat licorice and banana together in a desert. So that was nice.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had to stay late at work to handle an incident. It was stressful but today I'm going home early and seeing Mad Max again!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

My girfriend made dinner tonight and it was revolting: fatty, tasteless pot roast and unspiced eggplant cooked like squash. I can't make something edible for myself until she goes to bed.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I just bought a tablet, and it's proving to be the straw that broke my current wifi's back. I've held out on DSL for this long because Comcast is the only cable provider in my area, and from what I've heard dealing with them is terrible.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm bartending and I've had one customer since I opened.

I'm getting paid to sit on my rear end, but I really want to mix martinis and make fancy drinks for people :smith:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I have to choose between hanging out with friends, spending time with my family and a roast dinner or playing video games and having a few drinks with even more friends tonight; with no major responsibilities tomorrow morning.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

death .cab for qt posted:

I'm bartending and I've had one customer since I opened.

I'm getting paid to sit on my rear end, but I really want to mix martinis and make fancy drinks for people :smith:

I'm I'm a dude that love goofy fancy drink but most bartenders scowl when I order them.
Be my best friend?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I'm I'm a dude that love goofy fancy drink but most bartenders scowl when I order them.
Be my best friend?

My favorite drink is a Hot Tamale, which is just fireball, uv cherry, and ginger ale. :unsmigghh:

Ain't nothing wrong with fruity drinks. Just never order drinks which require a blender. Every bartender hates blender drinks

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

death .cab for qt posted:

My favorite drink is a Hot Tamale, which is just fireball, uv cherry, and ginger ale. :unsmigghh:

Ain't nothing wrong with fruity drinks. Just never order drinks which require a blender. Every bartender hates blender drinks

That sounds nice.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I just got into an internet argument with someone about the South. Apparently I'm not allowed to have an opinion on how dumb the Confederate flag is because my state (Texas) is 'A western culture, not a southern one'
:psyduck:...What?

teakel
Apr 24, 2008
I have a good job, loving family, a roof over my head and am healthy.
Yet I am currently miserable because an arsehole guy has smooshed my poor little
heart into jelly :(

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I just got into an internet argument with someone about the South. Apparently I'm not allowed to have an opinion on how dumb the Confederate flag is because my state (Texas) is 'A western culture, not a southern one'
:psyduck:...What?

As a non american, you should have replied with Texas is a Texas culture :911:

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I spent too much money today on things I didn't really need. :(

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Creature posted:

I spent too much money today on things I didn't really need. :(

Preaching to the choir buddy.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Amen. I saw a good price for a Monster High set my niece will love, so I bought it for her birthday, forgetting I had already bought her another set for her bday. So for Xmas she is getting one and birthday the other. Hope she doesn't stop liking the drat dolls before then.

Three of my foster kittens went to an adoption event and I was told they could stay in the Petsmart adoption center since they had had their rabies vaccination. Right before closing I get an email from the adoption coordinator, who tells me I need to come pick up one of the kittens because her rabies vaccine form wasn't signed by the vet. The form the rescue has had for two loving weeks and just now saw there was no vet signature. So I have to call the vet, get the signed form faxed over, oh but wait, I don't have the fax number to the store, just the rescue. I finally get the store fax number, and have the records sent. For the next ten minutes there is nothing from the store so I keep emailing the coordinator to find out if she got the loving paper. So after twenty loving minutes since the first email I get one that says "got it thx." Now. Since the coordinator said the store was DEAD and they had no one to help adopt anyone, and she had all the loving phone and fax numbers herself, WHY THE gently caress DIDN'T SHE, AS HEAD COORDINATOR OF THE ENTIRE loving EVENT, TAKE CARE OF THIS poo poo HERSELF.

Facebook is great for letting me know which people I know and like through various fish clubs are horrible bigots, racists, women haters, and overall people who would judge me as a murderer or a slut if they knew I ever used birth control pills. Damnit dude, don't keep posting the "PP murders babies!" memes. Because now I won't be able to look you in the eye when we meet face to face anymore.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I complained about a dead bar and ended up with a full one :)

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I'm a bouncer at a bar/restaurant in a busy downtown area. Normally our customers are really chill, and we haven't had a fight inside since we opened a few months ago, but tonight there was a serious verbal altercation right outside that started to turn violent. It was between a really huge dude and his tiny girlfriend(?), so we were pretty concerned. He started screaming at random bystanders from the bar next door, then came over to me and the other bouncer checking IDs at our bar and threatened both of us just for being there. Neither of us could call the cops with him in our faces, or his three friends that came over to try intimidating us, so my husband made the call. When the cops showed up, they pretty much told him to gently caress off because he's not an employee or a victim. Apparently you're not allowed to call the cops if you're just a concerned citizen. Or if your wife is being threatened. :wtc:

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
I went on an unfriend rampage against those who post religious and political crap.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I went out and about I'm the 90-and-humid weather the last few days, so I'm simultaneously a) wanting to do more of it and b) too damned tired to do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I watched this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekK7peRxKGc

Then I tried it on my cats and they don't give two fucks about it. :saddowns: