Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

I like being pleasantly surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

Any chance at all of their new thing being a new Kessen? I'd cut someone for a new Kessen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

its funny how they left all the female characters out of the western trailer

They know their target audience.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I suppose I should get started watching that anime then.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Arslan Senki is good. The fight in the latest episode was more Sengoku Basara than Musou. Daryun, the spear-wielding badass in black and silver in the trailer, jumped from his stirrups to the head of a war elephant and landed on his feet. Not to be outdone, one of the enemy officers made his horse jump and land on the elephant.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Davincie posted:

I've only read the manga up to a point, but apart from the priestess and the queen, how many female characters are there? They also seem to have left out the thief/bard dude, who was announced at the same time as the priestess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The priestess Faranghis and Alfreed the barbarian girl are pretty much it for female main characters. That's more than in pretty much all the authors other books put together.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Davincie posted:

It's unedited from the first Arslan trailer.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'm still an adult child giggling at "Arseland'

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Davincie posted:

They all look like ladies to me.

Also what are the odds that the impending announcement is for a new Orochi game?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

5er posted:

I'm still an adult child giggling at "Arseland'

I hold you in high esteem.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Jibo posted:

Also what are the odds that the impending announcement is for a new Orochi game?

Well, they said it's not "Warriors," so it's not WO4. Orochi Empires, maybe? Orochi Tactics?

Wild card guess: a rhythm game. Dynasty Dancers?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Jibo posted:

that's racist against fake persians

but i guess that could be the initial trailer, i kinda forgot about it. there's not that many female characters (unless you count serving girls) but alfreed's cool when she isn't stuck being a girl in a pretty boy show

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Dynasty Dynasty Revolution

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Maleketh posted:

Orochi Empires, maybe?

:eyepop:
Please be so! KOEI, I promise I will buy this and every piece of over priced DLC you make for it!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
SWC3 question. What stage do you guys use to farm weapons or experience for one character, after level 30? Challenge mode is a bit tedious and grindy...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Potsticker posted:

Dynasty Dynasty Revolution

Duck Dynasty Warriors

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

In SW4 does completing objectives unlock anything other than rare weapons?

Bloodborne Warriors, calling it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

trophies, progress in the map, keep you busy while you wait for endless conversations cause they decided to make the subtitles really slow

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy

PrinnySquadron posted:

Matabee's The Saddest Velocidrome costume is my absolute favourite in the game, though the Wesker is close.
Yeah, they're both great! I'm trying to cut down on my dinosaur usage now though because Matabee hit level 100 and made it through Heaven difficulty while most of my other characters are still level 1. I've switched to Kanbee and the speed difference and lack of spinning blade covering my back is taking some getting used to. So sad there was no DLC love for Kanbee - he would have made a great Lagombi, especially if they replaced the iron ball for a snow ball. Ah well.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I really wish they'd make a game like the witcher 3 but in this setting. Maybe play as guan yu since he is involved in so much.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Schneider Heim posted:

SWC3 question. What stage do you guys use to farm weapons or experience for one character, after level 30? Challenge mode is a bit tedious and grindy...

The what-if scenario where Nobunaga overthrows Hideyoshi is swarming with officers.

Alternativelt, battle of Yanagawa; just rush Muneshige ASAP to end the stage quickly.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm really enjoying SWC3; is it worth it to get SW4 or is SWC3 just a portable version of it? I'm also wondering if SW4 goes more into who everyone is and what they're actually doing; if I hadn't played SW2 back when it came out I think I'd be pretty lost as to who's who with how fast this one goes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The story mode of SW4 goes in to more detail but it's still kind of expecting you to know who everyone is already.
SWC 3 is probably the only Warriors game I really regret buying so quickly just because of how similar it is to SW4, so you probably don't really need both.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

DoubleDonut posted:

I'm really enjoying SWC3; is it worth it to get SW4 or is SWC3 just a portable version of it? I'm also wondering if SW4 goes more into who everyone is and what they're actually doing; if I hadn't played SW2 back when it came out I think I'd be pretty lost as to who's who with how fast this one goes.

SWC3 is basically kinda an expansion pack of SW4 with variations of SW4 levels with 4 characters to control instead of 2, with your OC just witnessing or changing the storyline of SW4. I think SW4 does do a somewhat decent job of telling you who everyone is, though as always, it's usually just best to look up the wiki to read about their historical version to get context.

I always thought the opening was pretty rad though.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jul 31, 2015

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Alright, thanks for the help; I think I'll hold off on any other SWs right now. I might check out DW8 next time it's on sale; I haven't played any of the Dynasty games since 4.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So what's the big draw for 4-11 or whatever it's called that's coming out on Steam?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bathhouse scenes

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The Gracia/Naotora/Koshosho power hour.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Tae posted:

So what's the big draw for 4-11 or whatever it's called that's coming out on Steam?

It's 4 with the per-warrior story mode instead of the regional story mode that DW/SW4-1 have. They also added a random battle mode to use your edit characters in, and a complete redesign of the XP system to involve some grid or some poo poo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Last SW I played was 3, what do you mean by per-character/regional story? Is Regional story like what DW's been doing these days with their story?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tae posted:

The Last SW I played was 3, what do you mean by per-character/regional story? Is Regional story like what DW's been doing these days with their story?

Yeah, basically they split it up into the stories of the various clans instead of following individual characters. Except for the special Sanada storyline focusing on the relation between Yukimura and Nobuyuki.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well, that's a bit disappointing. I'm a real big fan of the regional story format over the character stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So is the the no interaction at all between 4-II and the original? Not even unlocks for having a save?

I prefer per character stuff personally, that's the only thing I missed from 2.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Apparently you start with all skill books and 10k gold, and you can import your edit characters into free/random mode.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Elliotw2 posted:

It's 4 with the per-warrior story mode instead of the regional story mode that DW/SW4-1 have.

Wait, really?

Yes. I'm looking forward to playing Shingen Takeda in more than two episodes, instead of the Takeda Clan's story becoming the Sanada power hour (and then they get an entire second storyline?).

Now, if only they'd revert Takeda back to the crazy guy who threatened to throw kittens at Tadakatsu Honda, that would be perfect.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Airspace posted:

Wait, really?

Yes. I'm looking forward to playing Shingen Takeda in more than two episodes, instead of the Takeda Clan's story becoming the Sanada power hour (and then they get an entire second storyline?).

Now, if only they'd revert Takeda back to the crazy guy who threatened to throw kittens at Tadakatsu Honda, that would be perfect.

Only a few dudes have story modes at all though. Rest are Free Mode or Conquest mode or whatever only.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Looks like the stories are for Naomasa Li, Noboyuki Sanada, Hisahide Matsunaga, Koshosho, Mitsunari Ishida, Toyohisa Shimazu, Kojuro Katakura, Kagekatsu Uesugi, Takakage Kobayakawa, Takatora Todo, Lady Hayakawa, Yoshitsugu Otani, and Gracia.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
That sounds much worse than SW4. Glad I will not be tempted to get it so soon after Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence and right before DQ Warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I'm gonna wait til it's cheaper, still have DQ and PW3 before the end of the year.