Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euroboy posted:

One club man Theo Walcott has signed a new contract, and so has Santi Cazorla

Cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

euroboy posted:

One club man Theo Walcott has signed a new contract, and so has Santi Cazorla

No concern that other Arsenal players are going to want parity now Arsenal gave into Theo's wage demands?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

No concern that other Arsenal players are going to want parity now Arsenal gave into Theo's wage demands?

Presumably they just went "Yes Theo of course you can play up front" and he signed whatever they put in front of him

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

can't bold it yet tho

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Hegay posted:

theres limited choices for us scandinavians, its either that or man utd or liverpool, if only Pirate Bobs podcast had existed back then

Wtf are you talking about

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

None

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hardflip posted:

can't bold it yet tho
i think you can tbh, isn't shirt holding grounds for bolding?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm guessing Arsenal are paying inflated wages just like everybody else now. Arrivals of Sanchez and Ozil probably upheaved the whole wage structure.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

you can bold this poo poo

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4901219,00.html

Jordan Veretout to Villa

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 31, 2015

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

straight up brolic posted:

i think you can tbh, isn't shirt holding grounds for bolding?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Vegetable posted:

I'm guessing Arsenal are paying inflated wages just like everybody else now. Arrivals of Sanchez and Ozil probably upheaved the whole wage structure.

140k seems to be to the new top salary level. It just so happened to coincide with paying off the stadium and everyone getting dump trucks of money from the new tv deal.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Didn't Arsenal's wage bill pass Chelsea's last season?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
arsenal's wage bill was always really high but it was because all of the poo poo players like denilson were on £50k a week

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Villa are making some good signings this window ffs

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

hadji murad posted:

Didn't Arsenal's wage bill pass Chelsea's last season?

No, Arsenal's most recent reported is £166.4m and Chelsea's is £192.7m. There was some uninformed guessing being passed off as journalism in between the two reporting their most recent results

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

wasn't that from a trial tho

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Big wengy new Ibra was no good.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

It's still him holding the shirt, so I'd say shirt holding isn't bold-worthy.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

They made him a shirt when he came to visit and then he refused to do a training session with the rest of the squad and he went off to Ajax and Wenger probably made a face

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This is some cool & good poo poo. Delph and benteke leaving is the kick up the arse this club needed.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

In the world of ever-getting-weirder Italian transfers, Stevan Jovetic to Inter Milan on a one-and-a-half year loan with an option to buy is a Done Deal.

Edit: Inter claim he's signed a deal with them until 2019, so I don't actually know what the gently caress.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 31, 2015

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
How did he pass a medical

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

How did he pass a medical

Very carefully.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

So Augsburg received a very good offer from Chelsea and are thinking about okaying a transfer of their leftback Baba Rahman (€25m, when he cost a tenth of that a year ago).

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Healbot posted:

So Augsburg received a very good offer from Chelsea and are thinking about okaying a transfer of their leftback Baba Rahman (€25m, when he cost a tenth of that a year ago).

They'd be insane not to take that, unless they think they can wrangle more money out of the Chels.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Shrapnig posted:

They'd be insane not to take that, unless they think they can wrangle more money out of the Chels.

History would suggest that yes, you always can

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

They might be waiting for offers from both Real Madrid and Juventus before going through with it.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Villa are making some good signings this window ffs

Apart from buying that 28yo centre back from the worst team in La Liga, surely there must be something dodgy going on there

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
if we have any Ipswich fans in here they just signed the guy that is probably going to be the starting left back for the danish national team soon.

http://www.itfc.co.uk/news/article/ipswich-town-to-sign-danish-international-jonas-knudsen-2584305.aspx

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Lyon is allegedly in talks with Mathieu Valbuena since Dinamo Moscow can't enter European competition. We'll see.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Hegay posted:

theres limited choices for us scandinavians, its either that or man utd or liverpool, if only Pirate Bobs podcast had existed back then

Who you support is up to you (personally i recommend Sheffield Wednesday) but why la liga, it just doesn't make sense

pdog
May 7, 2013
Yarmolenko to Spurs according to some Ukrainian place.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

pdog posted:

Yarmolenko to Spurs according to some Ukrainian place.

Not Crimea then

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Blue Star Error posted:

Not Crimea then

lol

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Hardflip posted:

can't bold it yet tho

this is really annoying, he's a better player than rhodes and will do well this year

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Jason Sextro posted:

Lyon is allegedly in talks with Mathieu Valbuena since Dinamo Moscow can't enter European competition. We'll see.

I remember in last years transfer thread when, after having a good World Cup he moved to Dinamo and the first comment was "lol rip valbuenas career" .

Goons can predict the future it's true.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Lambert to WBA is a done deal and he's already scored twice in a friendly.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
It's nice he got to play for Liverpool

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

It's nice he got to play for Liverpool

And managed to score two, just two goals, both away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUClozk2qRk

• Locked thread