Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Meek Mill, hero of the wifeyed bitches everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man, the fact that being in love and having a hot extremely successful chick is now a vector to diss someone is loving hilarious.

Meanwhile Drake is outchea crooning about his various attempts to wife up random strippers.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
He's the wife because he's a sad little bitch.

Send a tweet about my album Drake send it!!!!!!!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

monkeu posted:

He's the wife because he's a sad little bitch.

Send a tweet about my album Drake send it!!!!!!!!

Rap Beef has started over dumber poo poo tbh

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Dexo posted:

Rap Beef has started over dumber poo poo tbh

But few have ended as hilariously. Killed by the softest singer in the game :laugh:

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I really don't think any have started over anything less significant

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

he's not dissing him for having a successful wife, he's dissing him for having a wife who's more successful and important than he is at the same job--essentially relegating him to the realm of trophy wife

it's basically the same exact diss record that you could write about jay-z if he was less successful.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

he's not dissing him for having a successful wife, he's dissing him for having a wife who's more successful and important than he is at the same job--essentially relegating him to the realm of trophy wife

it's basically the same exact diss record that you could write about jay-z if he was less successful.

What kinda insecure rear end nigga cares if your wife is more successful and important than you?

Those tours Jay, and Bey went on. Guess who the headliner was?(Hint it wasn't Jay)

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Dexo posted:

What kinda insecure rear end nigga cares if your wife is more successful and important than you?

The kind that starts desperately tweeting like a little cry baby when things don't go his way maybe?!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Nikki is like Helen of Troy and Drake is thirsty Orlando Bloom

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dexo posted:

lack of equality in a relationship is like one of the main reasons for divorce.

people, especially men, are very insecure about their significant other being much more successful/important than them.

Crumbletron posted:

lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

monkeu posted:

The kind that starts desperately tweeting like a little cry baby when things don't go his way maybe?!

That's nowhere near as insecure as caring about the success of your girl and if she's more successful than you are.

This is just relatively normal feeling of being disrespected. Like it's still fairly dumb reasoning to start the beef, don't get me wrong. But beefs almost always start over dumb perceived slights before. Twitter is just a medium to allow you to instantly get your views out, with no filter or publish time.

straight up brolic posted:

lack of equality in a relationship is like one of the main reasons for divorce.

people, especially men, are very insecure about their significant other being much more successful/important than them.

Fair enough, but yeah those dudes are insecure as gently caress, Meek seemingly not so much.

Meek thought he was being disrespected by Drake. Did something to disrespect him, Drake fired back twice, not addressing what Meek said, Meek fired back poorly, while doubling down on what he said.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 31, 2015

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Dexo posted:

That's nowhere near as insecure as caring about the success of your girl and if she's more successful than you are.

This is just relatively normal feeling of being disrespected. Like it's still fairly dumb reasoning to start the beef, don't get me wrong. But beefs almost always start over dumb perceived slights before. Twitter is just a medium to allow you to instantly get your views out, with no filter or publish time.

I'm not sure how you could feel disrespected by someone who's done you a solid by even appearing on your album in the first place.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

monkeu posted:

I'm not sure how you could feel disrespected by someone who's done you a solid by even appearing on your album in the first place.

By being insecure

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

If Meek or anyone cared about th ghostwriting he wouldn't have had him on his album. But having drake on your song instantly makes it a much bigger deal. He wasn't crying about ghostwriting when Rico leaked and every one was talking about it. Meek managed to be more emotional than simp king Drake.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Kenshin posted:

By being insecure

Like a sad little bitch. Some would suggest the term "meek", but I think "weak" is far more appropriate :laugh:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
This is my favorite part of diss records. People being mad and rationalizing trash talk.

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

didn't the whole canibus vs LL cool J beef start cause canibus referenced LL's mic tattoo? not even as a diss, he just mentioned it

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Incorrect Username posted:

didn't the whole canibus vs LL cool J beef start cause canibus referenced LL's mic tattoo? not even as a diss, he just mentioned it

Haha yea I forgot about that. And it was a song for LL he was featured on

Also someone on the Ateam got shot and killed over skittles that time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Crumbletron posted:

Real talk

Thread title

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Big ghost has been killing it

quote:

Theres actual recordings of another cat spittin the verse that your opponent spit on your own record available to the public...n you lost?

quote:

You got infinite ammo against a former teen soap opera star who breaks every unwritten rule on authenticity in hip hop n couldnt body him?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Incorrect Username posted:

Didn't the Luda and TI beef start because TI saw a DTP music video and some guy was wearing a trap house shirt and TI thought it said trap muzik or something?

That's the dumbest beginning to a beef that I've ever heard.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Oh and if Chicago couldn't get dangerous enough, there's a Taco Bell there that's going to serve alcohol soon. People will die over beefy five layers.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CRZi03jbi8

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jul 29, 2017

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

temple posted:

This is my favorite part of diss records. People being mad and rationalizing trash talk.

lol the posters in this thread taking 'sides' :psyduck:

SCOTLAND
Feb 26, 2004
:siren: Lil Dicky feat Snoop :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlU4FuIJT2k

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I'm still trying to figure out Meek's angle. Why diss Drake? Why attack him for having ghost writers? A lot of rappers have ghost writers and probably have reference tracks of their verses floating around. I've never seen someone set up a trap and jump in it themselves.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

he probably does care about authenticity like that

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
He'd never had embarrassed himself if he had a loving spine and had just privately texted Drake something like "hey dude I'd really appreciate it if you'd tweet my album, I could use the extra exposure!"

But no he had to be a passive-aggressive whiny little bitch and embarrass himself publicly instead.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Back in the day people would care more but the hardcore rap public is less visible than the casual today because of sosical media. Drake would be done if this happens years ago.

Cole posted:

Didn't the Luda and TI beef start because TI saw a DTP music video and some guy was wearing a trap house shirt and TI thought it said trap muzik or something?

That's the dumbest beginning to a beef that I've ever heard.

It started because Young Buck had TI on his stomp song, TI said Ludacris in a verse, the word not the rapper, Buck went back and told Luda TI was dissing him,Buck put Luda on the song and let him write a "response". It was crazy.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I AM BRAWW posted:

Drake is a better rapper, better entertainer, has better music, has more sales, more presence and a bigger following

Meek is uhh I guess more 'street' and less uhh duurrr 'soft'?? Lol
He's not a better rapper, and better music is arguable but good to know you're catching feelings like your hero.

monkeu posted:

Like a sad little bitch. Some would suggest the term "meek", but I think "weak" is far more appropriate :laugh:
I mean Meek looks like a chump but otoh you were just stanning for some garbage aus rappers so not sure you're really someone who should trusted for having opinions on rap music.

so loving future posted:

lol the posters in this thread taking 'sides' :psyduck:
#teamdrake up in here hoping they'll get a retweet if they stan hard enough.

temple posted:

I'm still trying to figure out Meek's angle. Why diss Drake? Why attack him for having ghost writers? A lot of rappers have ghost writers and probably have reference tracks of their verses floating around. I've never seen someone set up a trap and jump in it themselves.
~rUmOrS~ are that there's actually something else going on in the background that's not been revealed or whatever. I'm still not past thinking this was a publicity stunt that just went horribly, horribly wrong since it's just so comical. I mean I guess his name is buzzing (even though he's pretty much just a punchline).

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

RBX posted:

Back in the day people would care more but the hardcore rap public is less visible than the casual today because of sosical media. Drake would be done if this happens years ago.
I think MC Hammer still would've sold 15 million or whatever if someone found out he didn't write his stuff.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kenshin posted:

He'd never had embarrassed himself if he had a loving spine and had just privately texted Drake something like "hey dude I'd really appreciate it if you'd tweet my album, I could use the extra exposure!"

But no he had to be a passive-aggressive whiny little bitch and embarrass himself publicly instead.

Or he could've just not cared, if that's really all it was about.

Cole posted:

I think MC Hammer still would've sold 15 million or whatever if someone found out he didn't write his stuff.
Yeah Drake's firmly in "pop star" territory, this wasn't ever gonna do anything.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I was pretty shocked when I was 14 and found out Dr Dre did not in fact write his verses on 2001 but in 2015 I don't think having a ghost writer is really damaging for an established artist

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

monkeu posted:

He explained it in the diss.

"came through with the same flow switching up the lingo,
we just want a refund, that ain't what we paid for."

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Wezlar posted:

I was pretty shocked when I was 14 and found out Dr Dre did not in fact write his verses on 2001 but in 2015 I don't think having a ghost writer is really damaging for an established artist

Ghost writers that he credited and drake himself writes for other artists so yea just a weird angle for ol meek

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Milli Vanilli probably credited the singers on their album too but cmon that's not the issue

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

How do you feel about Dr Dre and Kanye West?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jon Brion pretty much made my favorite album