Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

The Orange Mage posted:

he remembered the ring

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

Opopanax posted:

I'm talking to a John Johnson right now. I'm tempted to ask what his middle name is

I've met enough people named William "please, call me Bill" Willaims or Jonathan Johnson to assume that this is a popular thing that stupid people do to their kids.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Contrecoup posted:

I've met enough people named William "please, call me Bill" Willaims or Jonathan Johnson to assume that this is a popular thing that stupid people do to their kids.

I actually have what is close to one of these names. Usually it garners you an odd look along with 'Wow, your parents really hated you huh?'

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

subpar anachronism posted:

I actually have what is close to one of these names. Usually it garners you an odd look along with 'Wow, your parents really hated you huh?'

I'm guessing you have a first name that is identical (or near-identical) to your last, like Stephen Stephens, William Williams, or Duran Duran.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Dnobdner :stonk:

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Saw the name Trevis on some paperwork today.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I've seen you post in this format before and it always makes me laugh.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

sout posted:

I've seen you post in this format before and it always makes me laugh.
As soon as I noticed the pattern, I used the ignore feature. I don't see the humor, I guess. It's obnoxious.

Content: My 10th grade history teacher was named Anne Merriken. So when I got my schedule, it said my American history teacher was A. Merriken. I thought it was a joke until I met her, but no, it's her real, married name.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Elohssa Gib posted:

Saw the name Trevis on some paperwork today.

One of my college friends has a Facebook friend named Trevis, and we've gotten into it a few times on different topics. He's very sensitive about his name.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

pookel posted:

As soon as I noticed the pattern, I used the ignore feature. I don't see the humor, I guess. It's obnoxious.

Content: My 10th grade history teacher was named Anne Merriken. So when I got my schedule, it said my American history teacher was A. Merriken. I thought it was a joke until I met her, but no, it's her real, married name.

She was a real A. Merriken?

also idunno, i think it's fine if it's just periodical and broken up by slightly more sensible ones :shrug:

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

How...do you...Are the Ds silent?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Bobby Digital posted:

One of my college friends has a Facebook friend named Trevis, and we've gotten into it a few times on different topics. He's very sensitive about his name.

It sounds like one of those obnoxious names that Hollywood press might call a couple. Trevor and Travis, I guess.

The Orange Mage posted:

I'm guessing you have a first name that is identical (or near-identical) to your last, like Stephen Stephens, William Williams, or Duran Duran.

There's a Dan Dandurand where I work and he is a really cool guy.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

VorpalBunny posted:

How...do you...Are the Ds silent?

See that little question mark under his username ? Click that.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

There's a Dan Dandurand where I work and he is a really cool guy.

Dan Dandurand sounds like a chord in a late-70's rock song

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Istari posted:

See that little question mark under his username ? Click that.

When did his Username change?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

The Orange Mage posted:

Pretty much yeah. Slight variation, so it's more like Thomasina Thompson, but close.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Quartnee

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Have you run into Steety again? I loaned him my GURPS book and I need it back.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I saw the name Wilnerd in a book an old cartoonists.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

pookel posted:

Dnobdner spotted

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Saw an Aristotle Dongas on a list today.

truls
Jan 6, 2003

Lord Tywin posted:

My mother wanted to name me the absolutely awful name Truls, however luckily my father talked her out of it.

well gently caress you then

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

pookel posted:

Gretz is my number one source of cat names for shelter cats. I am in his debt. Also you don't know what funny is and I feel sad for you.

That Robox
Mar 15, 2010
Guy I know is named Kip. Found out the other day it's actually short for Kipptyn. Poor bastard.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

That Robox posted:

Guy I know is named Kip. Found out the other day it's actually short for Kipptyn. Poor bastard.

This reminded me of a random gossip story I read the other day. Koltyn, son of Kiptyn.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

truls posted:

well gently caress you then

I admire your tenacity

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

The sign on top is reacting correctly to the Arlene sign

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OKJEFF4 posted:

No. He's from Oklahoma. He does not know why his parents picked War, either. Hunh. Good god. What does it stand for? Absolutely nothing, listen to me.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Apparently the mayor of Philadelphia is a real Nutter.

While traveling recently, I ran into a woman who had twin daughters named "Uya" (no idea on the spelling) and "Blue". When I inquired (as politely as I could), she said that in utero, they didn't like the names "Fetus A" and "Fetus B" or whatever, so they called them "Apple" and "Blue", but they didn't want to keep the name "Apple" because Gwyneth Paltrow already used it, and "Uya" was a grandmother's name (whose middle name was apparently "Apple"), so they used that. It didn't feel proper to inquire any further, and I had to deal with my own child by that point.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I await the day Feetusey becomes reality.

Yesterday I met La'Cola. No word on La'Soda or La'Pop.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
At work the other day I received some paperwork from a Malaysian man named Hitler Purba.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Last night at work I waited on a woman named Candy Beers.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Had a customer with the last name of Blood.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Somewhere a metal band is missing its lead singer.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

As a kid, I had a dance teacher with the surname Blood. She was a really sweet, demure woman. When she got married (to a man with a really ordinary surname), she chose to keep her own surname. I was thrilled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Someone I went to college with has the last name Trueblood. Poor guy always had to deal with people asking if it was his real name.