Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

iPodschun posted:

Also https://www.youtube.comuser/gamesdonequick/videos if you don't want to watch twitch archives

The url is missing a / and this particular user has stopped uploadung due to a change in the GDQ TOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I just came back too and still wondering.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's a glitch where Spencer can scream infinitely if you cut a certain attack short on an elevator.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
This game looks pretty fun actually, even withouAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Didn't notice this was going on again, any really cool runs so far? Or runs with really good commentary?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

NRVNQSR posted:

Is DX:HR worth watching if you've seen Heinki run it three or four times already? Any major route changes recently?

He talks a lot and the room has a good atmosphere, sold execution of basically every clip but nothing he says is groundbreaking if he jokes around on his steam; newest thing he mentioned is the tv station change which is a couple months old

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Zernach posted:

Didn't notice this was going on again, any really cool runs so far? Or runs with really good commentary?

Yes and yes. Too many to recount.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I can't wait to see the stream stats as people flee the "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH"

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH aside, the Chrono Trigger 100% run thing is fueled by pure nostalgia, right? I mean, I'll probably watch it regardless but is there any other reason people are donating huge amounts to it like crazy glitches or an A-team of commentators or something?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Mazreal posted:

This game looks pretty fun actually, even withouAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

It really is. Like PJ said, the levels are big and cleverly designed, and the weapons are varied and fun to use.

Also, it may have a jump button - more of a one-block hop than anything - but the game is designed to be beatable without it. There's an achievement (super-rare admittedly) for completing the whole thing without jumping.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Cardboard Box A posted:

Chiptune/techno-ish music by Virt
It's actually by Simon Viklund, who also did the awesome Payday 2 soundtracks.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

The Kins posted:

His entire schtick is really heavy dirty bass beats. If you've got good headphones or a subwoofer, it's bone-shaking fun. I can imagine it being annoying if you don't have the hardware to do it justice though.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I don't mind the in-game screaming bug but my ears couldn't take spikevegeta reading all those comments when his mic is too high and he's a loud guy to begin with. Kind of a bummer since I like all these guys.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Zernach posted:

Sonic Boom :getin:

The Kins posted:

My bad

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

"This boss has some weird quirks about him. ... You can hard lock the game with him, soft lock the console, or make him unkillable. I think only in this room I also managed to hard lock the console."

Poor Life Decisions.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Dominic White posted:

It really is. Like PJ said, the levels are big and cleverly designed, and the weapons are varied and fun to use.

Also, it may have a jump button - more of a one-block hop than anything - but the game is designed to be beatable without it. There's an achievement (super-rare admittedly) for completing the whole thing without jumping.

How do you beat Gorilla without jumping?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Zernach posted:

My recommendations for you:

Tetris, all of Tetris
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Earthbound
Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow
Yoshi's Island if you've never seen a YI run, and honestly even if you have there's a lot of semi-recent new techniques
Sonic Boom if you have high tolerance for annoying voice clips, it is otherwise a neat run
Mega Man 4 race
Swordless NES Zelda
Sonic Advance was actually kinda interesting too now that I think about it
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Ninja Baseball Bat Man
Chester Cheetah in Wild Wild Quest
Roundabout

No particular order but that's my list for you. Also Metroid Prime Hunters was apparently pretty good but I haven't watched the VODs yet.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Manslaughter posted:

How do you beat Gorilla without jumping?

You pull a specific point on his knuckles which make you pull off his ear and instantly finish the game! :thumbsup:

elentar posted:

Chrono Trigger

Cheers, that actually sounds really enjoyable in that case.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 31, 2015

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Your Computer posted:

So AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH aside, the Chrono Trigger 100% run thing is fueled by pure nostalgia, right? I mean, I'll probably watch it regardless but is there any other reason people are donating huge amounts to it like crazy glitches or an A-team of commentators or something?

It's run by Puwexil and Essentia, who are both great streamers and commentators, and they're guaranteed to have a good couch backing them up. Between on-screen encounters and boss skips there's actually quite a lot of movement tech by JRPG standards. And you just get so much more of the music and the story at 100%. Plus it's the last game of the whole thing, so everyone will be pretty goofy—you can skip around the VOD of the AGDQ 2014 finale for the flavor of it, when they were also chasing the million-dollar donation mark for the first time; it's probably my favorite thing at any GDQ so far.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Zernach posted:

Shaddex did a really good job on commentary for Wheel of Time, which is a cool run with lots of exploding yourself out of bounds across the entire map and that sort of thing. It's a fast paced late 90s first person spell caster, and as such has easily breakable level design and cool spell effects with which to break it.

Maldita Castilla had less informative but quite entertaining commentary which might be worth a look. Also check out Crash 2 if you want to shrivel up inside at a person with no internal filter being crazy.

edit: also yeah roundabout and tetris are good picks.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 31, 2015

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

How was Mario/Luigi? Glad I got up for the later parts of Rearmed 2 PJ.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mr E posted:

How was Mario/Luigi? Glad I got up for the later parts of Rearmed 2 PJ.

It was good.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
The Mario Kart 64 150cc All Cups run was really entertaining too.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Does anyone have the link to that reddit thread with a giant table with all the links to past videos on Twitch? I lost it and reddit search is completely useless.

I wanna watch the Doom speedrun. :smith:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

nerdbot posted:

Recommendations
A good list - all its missing is Ori And The Blind Forest.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
Is the silly game done quick block good? I'm a fan of previous awful blocks.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Merijn posted:

Does anyone have the link to that reddit thread with a giant table with all the links to past videos on Twitch? I lost it and reddit search is completely useless.

I wanna watch the Doom speedrun. :smith:

http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/3emv6z/sgdq_vod_thread_2015/

Ulta posted:

Is the silly game done quick block good? I'm a fan of previous awful blocks.

It's good, but there's nothing awful about Roundabout. Well... actually, I guess there's something awful :haw: kill me

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The SotN all-bosses race was great, romscout was on WR pace until he missed the very last skip before upside-down Dracula. (And that was probably because of PJ's curse.) The other Castlevanias in that block too.

Really this whole thing has been pretty solid start to finish, almost every run has something to offer even if just cringes, and even those have been pretty limited.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

elentar posted:

The SotN all-bosses race was great, romscout was on WR pace until he missed the very last skip before upside-down Dracula. (And that was probably because of PJ's curse.) The other Castlevanias in that block too.

Really this whole thing has been pretty solid start to finish, almost every run has something to offer even if just cringes, and even those have been pretty limited.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, no one's mentioned the Ecco: Tides of Time run yet. If you want to see a runner casually pull TAS strats out of his rear end and nail them on the first try, that's the one to watch.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
This run is delightful

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
"It's too early for this, PJ."

:agreed:

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
Great run, easily one of the best so far

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

homphgomph posted:

Great run, easily one of the best so far

Agreed, I am crying from laughing so hard at that final boss fight.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
PJ kills it again, dont think that guy knows how not to be entertaining.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

That scream glitch was the best thing, but Tiny Build stopped BONGO BONGO BONGO

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
what the gently caress is this music

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SWMadness posted:

Oh yeah, that reminds me, no one's mentioned the Ecco: Tides of Time run yet. If you want to see a runner casually pull TAS strats out of his rear end and nail them on the first try, that's the one to watch.

I did ealier, but I concur, it was really fun, because the reasons you mentioned and of course for Blueglass too.

I loved that Bionic Commando run, it managed to surpriAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH me

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Grinnblade posted:

what the gently caress is this music

Fallout 3 soundtrack.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

Fallout 3 soundtrack.

I clearly haven't played enough Fallout 3 because I don't remember that song at all. :stare:

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

15 minute Fallout? drat, I had no idea it could be done so quick. Looking forward to this.

edit:

Grinnblade posted:

I clearly haven't played enough Fallout 3 because I don't remember that song at all. :stare:

Oh god how do you not remember that. If you played any non-modded Fallout 3 at all, all the songs were repeated a shitton and they're all burned into my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Grinnblade posted:

Its on GNER, but i think its fairly low rotation cos ive only heard it a couple of times.

• Locked thread