Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ketchup on hot dogs is a sin but gently caress you i put heinz on my burger idgaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Caramelized onions + tomato puree + ketchup to taste is a great dip/spread for turkish grilled meat or kebab.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

nullscan posted:

Holy poo poo, they still class this dude as a chick? I bet he blows the PT test away. I kind of wish they had shown him in female dress uniform cuz dude is ripped.

Well I guess the army finally has a woman that can make it through Ranger school, then

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ketchup on hot dogs is a sin but gently caress you i put heinz on my burger idgaf

Spicy brown mustard on hot dogs only. Maybe relish if I'm feeling adventurous.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Slim Pickens posted:

Well I guess the army finally has a woman that can make it through Ranger school, then

i've seen gi jane like 5 times already man don't be sexist

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

curry #5, spinach, cheese, chicken katsu, special curry sauce on the side -- which i'm pretty sure was just worchester sauce.

oh and you had to get the naan.

I just ordered some off of Ebay because of this post

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I can't fathom you fucks going higher then a 2 for spice at CoCo's. Maybe my local one makes it way hotter then they're supposed to, but 2 makes me feel like a gigantic, sweaty, pussy.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
5 spicy is your highest? oh.. well, i guess i'll have a 2 and a half spicy then...

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

I am a gigantic, sweaty, pussy.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I like when I take girls to nice steakhouses and they order well done. The brasilians and argentinians just look at em. "We dont do that here"

Than ask for A1 on your filet mignon

Basic bitches

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

"well done" steak is a sin

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Genocide Tendency posted:

Fun fact about MH370.

A bunch of scientists told the searchers just to wait a year or so and parts will start washing up on the African coast.

There is at least two of them sitting in a chair with the biggest :smug:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJOgreMQN2k

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Waroduce posted:

I like when I take girls to nice steakhouses and they order well done. The brasilians and argentinians just look at em. "We dont do that here"

Than ask for A1 on your filet mignon

Basic bitches

I really don't give a gently caress what people do with their steak. It wasn't that long ago when snooty staff gave attitude when you wanted a beer instead of wine in pricey restaurants, e: and they only had a very limited range of crap beer. Give people what they want.
But it must be awesome to be able to have local asado or churrasco places.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 31, 2015

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I like my steaks medium. I get that well done might as well just be hamburger for all the difference it makes and it is a valid criticism, but I'm not a fan of a big wobbly uncooked mound of juices.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Here's the deal for acceptable condiments

Hot Dogs: Ketchup, mustard, relish

Polish Sausage: Spicy Mustard

Red Hots: Any kind of mustard, relish

Burgers: Mustard, Mayo, Ketchup(But only if you don't have fresh tomato slices already on it. And if you don't you either didn't prepare properly or your burger game is just weak as poo poo.) A1

Steak: Nothing is allowable unless it's lovely flank steak, then go hog wild, no one cares what you do with your scrub tier meat to make it palatable

Pulled Pork: BBQ sauce is acceptable if it was cooked sauce-less. Hot sauce is also acceptable

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

SumYungGui posted:

I like my steaks medium. I get that well done might as well just be hamburger for all the difference it makes and it is a valid criticism, but I'm not a fan of a big wobbly uncooked mound of juices.

This poo poo right here.

I'll take a medium rare if it's a small cut of meat, but if you are going for a large piece of meat, medium is as low as I'll go. When you start getting around the 500 gram mark, my stomach just can't handle so much of it. A good fuckin' sear and medium is the way to go.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Ketchup is ok for some things. It's just sugar, tomato paste, and vinegar with a few spices tossed in.

Fancy ketchup, though, is loving horrible. Too much sugar.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

Burgers: Mustard, Mayo, Ketchup(But only if you don't have fresh tomato slices already on it. And if you don't you either didn't prepare properly or your burger game is just weak as poo poo.) A1

gently caress no, I'm trying to eat something hot and meaty/starchy, why am I gonna put a drat cold ring of water on the top of it.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
My mom went to Bern's steakhouse in Tampa once. At the time is was the most expensive steakhouse in town. It might still be. Celebrities go there a lot.

Anyway she was real confused when she asked for ketchup and they didn't have any. My grandmother's boyfriend was taking them out and told her to never ask for ketchup again in a place like that.

Fast forward a few years later and they are back there. She didn't ask for ketchup, instead she brought a bunch of McDonald's ketchup packets. Her logic was "if a steak is $200 I should be able to ask for powdered loving sugar on it."

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Ugh, putting tomato on a sandwich is wrong in every way.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Cole posted:

My mom went to Bern's steakhouse in Tampa once. At the time is was the most expensive steakhouse in town. It might still be. Celebrities go there a lot.

Anyway she was real confused when she asked for ketchup and they didn't have any. My grandmother's boyfriend was taking them out and told her to never ask for ketchup again in a place like that.

Fast forward a few years later and they are back there. She didn't ask for ketchup, instead she brought a bunch of McDonald's ketchup packets. Her logic was "if a steak is $200 I should be able to ask for powdered loving sugar on it."

this isnt the Lets Talk About Idiots thread

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Spicy Guacamole posted:

INCORRECT

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Fresh tomatoes are fantastic. Slice one up and eat it.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can wholeheartedly get behind this, just not on my sandwich/burger.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mr. Nice! posted:

gently caress slicing it. Eat that motherfucker like an apple. The tomato juice is good for your beard.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bitcoin bastard posted:

gently caress no, I'm trying to eat something hot and meaty/starchy, why am I gonna put a drat cold ring of water on the top of it.

I bet you buy those frozen patties to grill, you plebeian dirtbag

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

If I'm actually doing a burger day, its all about the ground chuck. But I do have a stack of frozen patties when I just want to do a lazy burger.

:gay:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bitcoin bastard posted:

If I'm actually doing a burger day, its all about the ground chuck. But I do have a stack of frozen patties in the fridge when I just want to do a lazy burger.

:gay:

It's okay. I'm just a snob when it comes to grilling burgers.

Do you crack an egg in to your chuck before you form them in to patties? Because seriously that poo poo is divine

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I've been meaning to try that, but I don't have eggs on hand and I always forget when I'm buying the meat.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZuDMKXWU_E

hate this dudes voice but goddamn i want those burgers

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Here's the deal for acceptable condiments

Hot Dogs: Ketchup, mustard, relish

Polish Sausage: Spicy Mustard

Red Hots: Any kind of mustard, relish

Steak: Nothing is allowable unless it's lovely flank steak, then go hog wild, no one cares what you do with your scrub tier meat to make it palatable

Pulled Pork: BBQ sauce is acceptable if it was cooked sauce-less. Hot sauce is also acceptable

God there is so much wrong packed into this one post that I don't even know where to start, flank steak is delicious.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
tomatoes and salt

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

go3 posted:

this isnt the Lets Talk About Idiots thread
But pissing off stuffy people is awesome.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
what the gently caress is even going on in this thread? you fuckers are so fat you cant resist talking about food everywhere?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

what the gently caress is even going on in this thread? you fuckers are so fat you cant resist talking about food everywhere?
News: vets are fat.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Spicy Guacamole posted:

News: vets are fat.

People who are used to lovely food in the military like to eat actual good food.

In other news water is wet, sky is blue and idiots are idiots.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
http://www.hot-dog.org/culture/hot-dog-etiquette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69HDek6a3k

quote:

Don't...
Put hot dog toppings between the hot dog and the bun. Always "dress the dog," not the bun.

Condiments should be applied in the following order: wet condiments like mustard and chili are applied first, followed by chunky condiments like relish, onions and sauerkraut, followed by shredded cheese, followed by spices, like celery salt or pepper.

Do...
Serve sesame seed, poppy seed and plain buns with hot dogs. Sun-dried tomato buns or basil buns are considered gauche with franks.

Don't...
Use a cloth napkin to wipe your mouth when eating a hot dog. Paper is always preferable.

Do...
Eat hot dogs on buns with your hands. Utensils should not touch hot dogs on buns.

Do...
Use paper plates to serve hot dogs. Every day dishes are acceptable; china is a no-no.

Don't...
Take more than five bites to finish a hot dog. For foot-long wiener, seven bites are acceptable.

Don't...
Leave bits of bun on your plate. Eat it all.

Don't...
Fresh herbs on the same plate with hot dogs over-do the presentation

Don't...
Use ketchup on your hot dog after the age of 18.Mustard, relish, onions, cheese and chili are acceptable.

Do...
Condiments remaining on the fingers after eating a hot dog should be licked away, not washed.

Do...
Use multi-colored toothpicks to serve cocktail wieners. Cocktail forks are in poor taste.

Don't...
Send a thank you note following a hot dog barbecue. It would not be in keeping with the unpretentious nature of hot dogs.

Don't...
Bring wine to a hot dog barbecue. Beer, soda, lemonade and iced tea are preferable.

Don't...
Ever think there is a wrong time to serve hot dogs.

edit
gently caress, current events thread really?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Somebody just escalated the situation to FOODCON 1.

In real news, apparently the Taliban confirmed that Mullah Omar is, in fact, dead. They won't say exactly how or when he died, though.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Somebody just escalated the situation to FOODCON 1.

In real news, apparently the Taliban confirmed that Mullah Omar is, in fact, dead. They won't say exactly how or when he died, though.

Speculation was/is medical whateverness circa 2013, so who knows, plenty of room for conspiracy theories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ive been around the internet along time but this is one of the spergiest things ive ever seen

• Locked thread