Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Which is better to roast over a campfire?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh...gently caress.

Who doesn't do both? I mean, come on. :(

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Oh god, if marshmallows are one of the choices does this mean we're getting the white ink?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i hate marshmallows so this is easy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Onean posted:

Oh...gently caress.

Who doesn't do both? I mean, come on. :(

According to the Research Lab they won't because they don't have enough sticks:
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/125529614943/greetings-from-the-great-outdoors-as-soon-as-camp

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015
Wow, this is a thinker. On the one hand I'd much rather eat a hot dog. On the other marshmallows are more fun to roast. So I guess by the way the question is phrased it's marshmallows for me?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Team Hot Dog, obviously.

arcsig posted:

Oh god, if marshmallows are one of the choices does this mean we're getting the white ink?

The background color is the ink color for that side.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I'm torn. I like hot dogs more than most things in the world, but marshmallows are more practical because you dont have to worry as much about them keeping.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hotdogs are food, Marshmallows are flammable moosh. If you've just hiked in, you'll want the hot dogs. Marshmallows are only really good as the glue in a completed smore

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
those hotdogs have ketchup on them so it's marshmallows by default

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

marshmallows are gross and we already had a team dog

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

unless it's suppose to be team smores but still gross.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

#teamdog is coming back for round 2? Have a hunch marshmallow will be more popular though

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Are we getting graham crackers and chocolate in on this or are the marshmallows standing on their own here? It makes a very big difference.

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015

GeneX posted:

those hotdogs have ketchup on them so it's marshmallows by default

This is an excellent point that is factually correct. So I think that makes the decision for me.

Shame they have to throw out what was once a perfectly good hot dog.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

There is something deeply satisfying about killing one enemy then getting killed by the other three, only for all of them to be splatted by your mine. Oh and when your team stops its holding position and actually moves up to take territory, that's nice too.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Dogs are so popular they have now been in two Splatfests

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Marshmallows. 1000% marshmallows. Put a little bit of char on them? Hell yes.

Team hot dog is just a bunch of dicks.

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

There is something deeply satisfying about killing one enemy then getting killed by the other three, only for all of them to be splatted by your mine. Oh and when your team stops its holding position and actually moves up to take territory, that's nice too.

Similarly deeply unsatisfying when you splat 3/4 of the other team only to get wiped by the fourth, and the rest of your team is too busy guarding the spawn to do anything about the one living dude riding the tower like he paid for it.

Guess I just need to carry harder the few times that I'm not the one being carried.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hot dogs are pretty great, but this is about roasting over a campfire, and there is nothing better for that activity than Marshmallows.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Remember this is about the act of roasting, not eating. What you do with the charred result should have no bearing on your decision!

That being said, marshmallows aren't actually very good and you don't even get white ink so team hot dog it is.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ugh I'm gonna be out of town! Dammit Splatfest.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Which is better to roast over a campfire?!

oh no i like both of them

WHICH DO I PICK

also there are weird faces on the marshmallows and the hot dog bun and i cannot unsee

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

oopsie rock posted:

also there are weird faces on the marshmallows and the hot dog bun and i cannot unsee

The ghosts from the last splatfest... :ohdear:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Bread Set Jettison posted:

US Splatfest

This one is harder than the last

Not for people from Chicago.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Prediction: Marshmallows will win the popular vote because a million little kids will vote for sugar, and then lose the fights because their team will be comprised of little kids.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Prediction: Marshmallows will win the popular vote because a million little kids will vote for sugar, and then lose the fights because their team will be comprised of little kids.

Then I must vote for marshmallows to preserve my losing streak!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Marshmallows all the way, also hot dogs taste like crap anyway.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

I've never roasted hot dogs so I guess I have to vote marshmallows by default.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Jarogue posted:

Swords at dawn, motherfucker

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's time to become the Hot Dog King

(Although Queen in this case because the boy squids are dumb and have dumb hair)

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
What kind of insane monster thinks that intestines stuffed with meat scraps is better than tasty marhmallows

Seriously, the most that a hot dog can ever aspire to be is "fine." There's no such thing as a good hot dog.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Jarogue posted:

whoa, that's going way too far

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
Voting Team Callie

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Time to get Hot Dog Rich (next week).

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Lemming posted:

What kind of insane monster thinks that intestines stuffed with meat scraps is better than tasty marhmallows

Seriously, the most that a hot dog can ever aspire to be is "fine." There's no such thing as a good hot dog.

You haven't had a good hot dog, sorry

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

GeneX posted:

whoa, that's going way too far

No this was too far

LOOK WHAT DID! YOU HOT DOG LOVERS RUINED A PIZZA! THAT PIZZA DIDN'T DESERVE THAT!

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Lemming posted:

I'm probably gonna be on team marshmallow, but this is a wrong post

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Randumb Thots posted:

Similarly deeply unsatisfying when you splat 3/4 of the other team only to get wiped by the fourth, and the rest of your team is too busy guarding the spawn to do anything about the one living dude riding the tower like he paid for it.

Guess I just need to carry harder the few times that I'm not the one being carried.

Oh man that happens so often, I honestly feel like I'm the determining factor if we win or lose because I can't rely on my team, but when you get a team that's good, holy poo poo is it incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I don't care either way what team should I choose something awful splatoon thread

• Locked thread