Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Metapod posted:

They deserve to be in the big 12

Drop Rutgers, put them in the B1G.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

"Do not try to approach the turkey," Overton said. "We've gotten calls from people who have been trapped and unable to move because he's cornered them."

Turkeys are pretty big birds, I'd probably be scared.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

quote:

"He's also created a traffic hazard because apparently he likes to lay down in the middle of the road and not move.

This turkey was born to be a pedestrian in Ann Arbor.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Grittybeard posted:

Turkeys are pretty big birds, I'd probably be scared.

All this happening and libtards STILL want campuses to be gun-free... :jerkbag:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Anals of History posted:

This turkey was born to be a pedestrian in Ann Arbor.

The turkey was then quoted as saying "DOWN IN FRONT"

Edit: And then jingling his little Tur-keys

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

Edit: And then jingling his little Tur-keys

...goddamnit i shouldn't be chuckling at this

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

DJExile posted:

...goddamnit i shouldn't be chuckling at this

It is objectively loving terrible, but I decided to jump on that grenade so someone else did not have to

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
You're both a hero and history's greatest monster.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Thoguh posted:

As of Wednesday they are. Kind of.

But not in football which is all that matters

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Beck Man is ever vigilant when scanning the room for potential threats and/or Northwestern Wildcats.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Pac-12 Media day quotes are slowly rolling out:

Joey Kaufman ‏@joeyrkaufman 1h1 hour ago posted:

Utah coach Kyle Whittingham wasn't too glum about USC's scholarship reductions: "Instead of 85 five-star guys, they have 65 five-star guys."

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 5h5 hours ago posted:

RichRod asked if it was “refreshing” to have his starting QB back: “I think a nice, cold beer or Bacardi and coke is more refreshing.”

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 5h5 hours ago posted:

RichRod says hardest part of recruiting to Tucson is convincing them to visit: “We tell them to go to Vegas, then take a right.”

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 3h3 hours ago posted:

Sark on USC’s recruiting approach: “We fall back on our rich tradition...We’re not going to take the field in 13 different uniforms.”

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 2h2 hours ago posted:

Mike Leach: “We’ve got five of America’s greatest rivers” right around Washington State.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 2h2 hours ago posted:

Mike Leach also advocated taking a date sturgeon fishing.

Andrew Greif ‏@AndrewGreif 2h2 hours ago posted:

Leach: "If you're in the land of milk and honey like we are there's a lot to eat."
Pac-12 moderator: "OK, moving on to our next team."

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Mike Leach is an insane man and I love it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Pakled posted:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

One step closer to my dream of power 5 teams having a schedule of nothing but power 5 teams and a preposterous selection show that announces all the games as they're selected from a lottery ping pong ball machine

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Metapod posted:

They deserve to be in the big 12

This, but unironically.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

The ghost of Danny Coal Caught That Ball will haunt Ann Arbor until Virginia Tech rightfully gets its Sugar Bowl trophy.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pakled posted:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Strobe posted:

This, but unironically.

I wasn't being ironic

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
How long until we can have NCAA video games again? With real player likenesses/names and the money going in to trust funds or whatever. Everybody wins.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

We were talking about the UTen / Vandy rivalry trophy and how forced trophies are lame. They should take a look at the $5 broken chair trophy to see how to do that poo poo right.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Thermos H Christ posted:

How long until we can have NCAA video games again? With real player likenesses/names and the money going in to trust funds or whatever. Everybody wins.

Virtually no one noticed, but the Big Ten started calling the Power 5 the Autonomy 5 literally today, so I'd wager 5-10 years.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

My twitter feed said something about Kyle Flood threatening to murder someone at B1G media day, but I haven't heard more details. Either that was made up or he is very good.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I don't see why they don't just make one with completely randomized players. I can't remember the last time I played an NCAA video game and didn't just make a version of a school as lovely as humanly possible in order to build them into an unstoppable powerhouse.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don't see why they don't just make one with completely randomized players. I can't remember the last time I played an NCAA video game and didn't just make a version of a school as lovely as humanly possible in order to build them into an unstoppable powerhouse.

I said this when they first said they were dropping the NCAA franchise, that they should just take the states of players at any given position and pull a random weight, height, race, and position numbers. I don't see how that would have caused any sort of a problem. Maybe during a franchise game you can make a custom roster or whatever and name your players, but in general, random man. Random.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I made Idaho into such a superpower that 15 seasons after I moved on to another team, they were still a perennial top ten team.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Thermos H Christ posted:

Well the judge granted a stay for the NCAA today so the paying players part is on hold for a bit until whenever the appeals court decides on the full case.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
i made my team a feeder team for madden drafts so basically the university of arkansas didn't lose a game of football from like 2008 to 2039 and routinely won the national championship by like 80 points

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
they were also independent so i could set their whole schedule so i alternated between making my schedule the rest of the top 12 besides me or also scheduling the shittiest dregs 1-AA offers

boy the voters don't like it when the best teams you beat in a year is Prairie View A&M and Norfolk State

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

I made Idaho into such a superpower that 15 seasons after I moved on to another team, they were still a perennial top ten team.

I have literally never played a version of NCAA where North Texas didn't eventually become a powerhouse in my dynasty mode.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

I have literally never played a version of NCAA where North Texas didn't eventually become a powerhouse in my dynasty mode.

In my 30+ seasons of 06, I never encountered the North Texas issue so many people had, but boy did I have to pound on Texas Tech in a lot of national championship games.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

New Mexico State is oddly stacked in 06, they're my go-to team to elevate and I didn't even have to savescum in 06

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?

MourningView posted:

Same but Nevada instead

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I most recently played LA Tech in a National Title Game so NCAA Football does lots of weird things.

Please dear god bring it back, I'm still playing the last one, let my 360 rest!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

This doesn't only happen to me? :psyduck:

Nevada and SMU occasionally break through too--but North Texas always seems to blow up like 5-6 years in.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
It's August and football is nearly here, so I'm back from my hibernation to take part in the festivities. It's been a grueling summer with work. There's a rumor in my trade that a 90 day job is looming in September, so my football season may be a little hosed up. Que sera, sera.

Vols, bitch! I don't want this hype to be for naught, but I'm accustomed to disappointment in Tennessee football.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I want to get an NCAA football game but my PS3 sounds like a 747 taking off.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

Colorado State was always the midmajor power in my version of 04.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Sir Thats Gross posted:

I'm accustomed to disappointment in Tennessee football.

Deep down, I'm still not and that makes it harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm openly drunkposting this. But...

Being able to buy sweet corn on the side of the road in Iowa in August is worth all the drawbacks of living in this state. And I will fight anyone who disagrees.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 2, 2015

• Locked thread