Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I'm thinking about doing a mini swarm of 4 auto truster equipped A-wings with Tarn Mison with an R7 and Ion Torpedoes wandering along behind. Anybody have experience flying multiple A-Wings before I buy 2 more?

Edit:

I tried flying a Palob and Kath Opportunist list a couple of weeks ago. It is pretty mean but our meta is so full of stress heavy builds that I only ever go Opportunist off once or twice in a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Someone linked this in a local Facebook group.

http://i.imgur.com/BKyqhI0h.jpg

With the speculation that wave 8 might be previewed.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Orvin posted:

Someone linked this in a local Facebook group.

http://i.imgur.com/BKyqhI0h.jpg

With the speculation that wave 8 might be previewed.

They are gonna preview Wave 8 at In Flight in a few mins.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/inflight?src=hash

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

we better be getting the Ghost!!

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
I admit I'm stupid excited at the prospect of new named pilots for my TIE Fighters.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

gently caress yes

comes with the Phantom

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Well, guess I am actually going to end up with 8 TIEs.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

now which one has the X-Wing fixes

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

alg posted:

Every ship with Engine Upgrade or Daredevil or Expert Handling.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I really hope The Ghost has a turret weapon, because the Rebels is in dire need of those.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

I really hope The Ghost has a turret weapon, because the Rebels is in dire need of those.

on the show it has 2 :getin:

edit: plus rear arc shots

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

This just means they are slowly getting larger and larger ships. Hopefully it means they working on a way to link x-wing and armada so we can all have the 8 hour game of our dreams right?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Apparently they also revealed the Inquisitor's TIE Advanced, and the Mist Hunter and Punishing One for S&V

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

The Mist Hunter has a cloak token! Zuckuss and 4-LOM are my favorite bounty hunting team featuring an ammonia breather and a protocol droid.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So Scum will now have 4 large ships.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Cobbsprite posted:

Every ship with Engine Upgrade or Daredevil or Expert Handling.

Is it ever worth combining engine upgrade and daredevil?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I am unreasonably excited by this.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

ShineDog posted:

Is it ever worth combining engine upgrade and daredevil?

It gives you both options if you do, but it does cost more and you can usually only use one at a time.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Cobbsprite posted:

It gives you both options if you do, but it does cost more and you can usually only use one at a time.

I'm thinking of jamming it on Keyan Farlander, who wants both manouverability and the stress of daredevil, and since I'd want to use it a lot for him, I probably don't want to take damage from it, hence the engine boost.

Also gently caress yes, the Ghost, that's incredible and I'm buying the poo poo out of it.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I haven't seen Rebels. Why does this thing come with a Phantom, and should I be excited by the prospect?

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

grassy gnoll posted:

I haven't seen Rebels. Why does this thing come with a Phantom, and should I be excited by the prospect?

The Phantom is a shuttle for The Ghost.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

grassy gnoll posted:

The phantom is a detachable mini-shuttle that the main cast have bolted a few heavy blasters onto, making it into a pocket fighter (and pseudo-rear turret when docked facing outward).

http://gfycat.com/JoyfulBogusBluebottle

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 31, 2015

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Ahahaha, I can't wait. I bought a Phantom because I wanted to try its cloak out, but I never really liked the feel of Imperial stuff versus Rebel or Scum.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

alg posted:

According to people who were there, FFG has Episode VII stuff "on the water" but can't say anything more about it now. They also said that wave 8 should be late 2015/early 2016, but that there were things causing delays in the factory where they make x-wing which again they couldn't talk about. Speculation is that there will be an Aces type release around Episode VII with new X-wings and Ties, which would be the perfect place to add in some X-wing fixes.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

No assault gunboat :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

More excellent Imperial only crew

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/7/31/lying-in-wait/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

The ghost

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/7/31/xwing-out-of-hiding/

:eyepop:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

He looks 20 years older. :laugh:

[edit] I wonder if this loser will be one of the new TIE aces.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 31, 2015

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Jeez is Hera really only PS7 and no EPT? :argh:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Oh poo poo, the Cloaking Device is an illicit upgrade.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The Phantom has a 3 attack? WTF

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The top JumpMaster pilot has an insanely good ability, holy poo poo.

Once per round, after defending against an attack in its front arc, it can fire back.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

His name is Dengar! The bestest bounty hunter ever!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is Rebels streaming anywhere?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Dengar is everyone's favorite space mummy.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I never realized that Dengar, the space (Muslim) that is depicted as wearing a turban with a sandy background everywhere, flew a giant crescent ship. Hmm

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

There's also some sweet upgrade slots on that ship too- astromech, crew, illicit, 2 torps, and EPT on Dengar (with base PS 9).
Also spotted: Boba Fett crew

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Holy gently caress the Inquisitor's ability. Always get 3 red dice, and always ignore the enemy's range defense bonus. Plus that title makes it pretty awesome, take a target lock for a free evade, then PTL for a barrel roll or a focus. Plus it has boost on the bar, which means autothrusters.

Goddamn.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
"Dengar, you mummy gently caress!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Also I saw a missile that might actually be worth taking there.

• Locked thread