Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't care either way what team should I choose something awful splatoon thread

Grab some meat on a stick and join Marie's Army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Marshmallows are fun to roast, but are best with graham crackers and chocolate. Hot dogs are fun to roast, and it's satisfying to grab the hot hot dog with a bun, slide it off the skewer, and start eating. This is a difficult one.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Grab some meat on a stick and join Marie's Army.

You know what, go ahead and chomp on some stick meat if that's really what you want to do.

Callie and all the cool people are just going to be over here with our soft, fluffy, lightly charred, delicious marshmallows (and glorious red ink).

Maybe we'll make some s'mores that you can't have.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm making smores.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Marshmallows are the best for roasting because you can toast it, eat the crispy outer shell, then stick it back in the fire and char the gooey insides.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't eat meat but I also don't like marshmallows, how do I choose!?

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Regy Rusty posted:

Callie vs Marie of course.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Regy Rusty posted:

there are vegetarian alternatives with regards to hotdogs

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Not for people from Chicago.

That thing has ketchup on it, the abomination cannot live.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Marshmallows are made with animal products. You're screwed.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

AfroLine posted:

there are vegetarian alternatives with regards to hotdogs

they're almost all pretty bad, tbh

it's a hard choice and I think you (the general you) should just pick your favorite sister and go with her if you're having problems deciding

E: that said, hotdogs should not have ketchup unless you're a kid who likes sweet things that overpower other tastes. Which is cool and good for kids but not as much for adults, so because the hotdog has ketchup on it in the image, I suggest you pick marshmallow.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 31, 2015

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

A hotdog is real handy for a campfire. It cooks less delicately than a marshmallow, and you can use the bun to safely slide it off the burning-hot roasting stick. And after a long day of hiking and other camp-related activities, a meal with some protein in it is always a plus. I am proud to rep hotdogs in this fest.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I believe I shall vote for the pig lips and cow anuses over the literal garbage Callie is hawking.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Randumb Thots posted:

This is an excellent point that is factually correct. So I think that makes the decision for me.

Shame they have to throw out what was once a perfectly good hot dog.

Man, gently caress off with this poo poo. :mad: Mustard is loving nasty. It tastes like death and smells even worse. I put ketchup on my hot dogs and I'm not about to stop because some website tells me that big kids put mustard on 'em.

That said, with the specific way the question is phrased: which would you rather roast over a campfire, then marshmallows all the way, man! Hot dogs taste better grilled. Unfortunately, this Splatfest is happening the very day I leave for vacation for a week. :v: Oh well!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Silver Falcon posted:

Man, gently caress off with this poo poo. :mad: Mustard is loving nasty. It tastes like death and smells even worse. I put ketchup on my hot dogs and I'm not about to stop because some website tells me that big kids put mustard on 'em.

That said, with the specific way the question is phrased: which would you rather roast over a campfire, then marshmallows all the way, man! Hot dogs taste better grilled. Unfortunately, this Splatfest is happening the very day I leave for vacation for a week. :v: Oh well!

I eat my hot dogs with ketchup, mustard, AND onions.

So yeah, Team Hot Dog. See you Marshmallows losers on the battlefield.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I can't think of anything more terrible than hotdog ettiquette.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Food elitism is definitely great and not ridiculous.

Hope the Europe one gets announced tomorrow.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Silver Falcon posted:

:hf:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Europe splatfest is team being alive vs team being dead

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Europe splatfest is team being alive vs team being dead

Team death has the numbers advantage, keep that in mind when voting

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

My heart says hot dog but the presence of mustard in the picture has me conflicted

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've never roasted a hot dog over a campfire, only made smores, so I guess I have to vote for marshmallows by default?

Sorry Marie.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My only concern is being part of Team DogSlideDog.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn't even know roasting hot dogs over a campfire was a thing.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Internet Kraken posted:

I've never roasted a hot dog over a campfire, only made smores, so I guess I have to vote for marshmallows by default?

Sorry Marie.

Hey, I just wanted to warn you, man. The Marie fanclub have heard of your defection and are heading your way for "re-education". RUN WHILE YOU CAN.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah who the hell roast a hot dog over a campfire. Eagle Scout and worked as Camp Staff 3 years, never seen a single hot dog over a campfire.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Jarogue posted:

Yeah who the hell roast a hot dog over a campfire. Eagle Scout and worked as Camp Staff 3 years, never seen a single hot dog over a campfire.

Roasted hotdogs over a campfire last weekend.

The kids are once again split over which team to join, and will argue about it all week. When will Nintendo stop with the kinstrife?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Fix posted:

Roasted hotdogs over a campfire last weekend.

The kids are once again split over which team to join, and will argue about it all week. When will Nintendo stop with the kinstrife?

Them hot dogs must have been bad if your kids didn't just chose team hot dog off the back.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 31, 2015

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
Yeah, this does seem like a strange theme in my opinion. I have never heard of hot dogs being roasted over campfires, nor have I done it myself (I'm not much of an outdoors person these days), but I vastly prefer hot dogs over marshmallows.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Reminder: marshmallows are not made of pig assholes.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Today ate two hot dogs and decided I should go for the other team after careful thought.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Judging by the people going team vanillawad, Team Hotdog has this in the bag.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Bean posted:

Reminder: marshmallows are not made of pig assholes.

Never a safe assumption when gelatin is involved.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
if u aint reppin hot dogs u just a fuckin wiener

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Escobarbarian posted:

City boy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

:yeah: Miiverse is the best

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jarogue posted:

I did it in cub scouts and college.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm learning today that some people have literally never even heard of roasting a hotdog over a campfire, and their obliviousness to this tradition is hosed up, to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Chronojam posted:

:yeah: Miiverse is the best

Yes it is

• Locked thread