Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Tusen Takk posted:

twins own

twinzone

my wife and sil are identical so sometimes when my wife's sister would borrow an outfit from my wife I would goose the wrong twin and that was awkward but that's the only negative that I can think of as long as you have some sort of social skills

lmao

identical twins here too, pretty sure I could tell them apart no matter what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Main Paineframe posted:

beep boop i have already decided that my child will be a computer programmer, the most superior occupation. i do not see any reason why they need to waste another second of their life learning about inferior, less rational fields of study like art or english or history or gym. learning about programming will teach them logic, the only true knowledge they will ever need. beep boop. either i am poor and miserable and believe that forcing my child into programming will make them rich so i can live vicariously through them as long as i personally make sure they are the best programmer ever, or i am a programmer myself who is angry my child is not super interested in everything i do anymore and want to force them into my career so we will always understand each other and they will never leave me. beep boop. wait...are these...tears...
or just dunning-krugering the tardis

like the doctor who breast feeds her 8 and 5 year olds

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

cool so a bunch of kids in maine get hit by people backing out of driveways. good to know. A+, shaggar approved.

idk why that would be specific to maine

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

lol

"i quit my job because i was worried they'd pay me so well that i'd abandon my plan of quitting after a couple of years"

a scathing indictment

its like crab mentality but he keeps grabbing his own leg. what a weird broken person

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

SoulCycle filed for an IPO.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cringeworthy-soulcycle-ipo-filing-2015-7

quote:

SoulCycle, the cycling gym and owner of a clothing line, is going public, and the filing paperwork is, in a word, cringeworthy.
If you're not into platitudes about the body and mind and finding yourself with the help of a loving exercise community, do not read beyond this point.

Here's a snippet from the filing's summary:

Our Soul

We Aspire to Inspire. Our mission is to bring Soul to the people. SoulCycle instructors guide riders through an inspirational, meditative fitness experience designed to benefit the body, mind and soul. Set in a dark, candlelit room to high-energy music, our riders move in unison as a pack to the beat, and follow the cues and choreography of the instructor. The experience is tribal. It is primal. And it is fun.

Our classes follow a signature format, yet every SoulCycle experience is unique ... Based on the impact we’ve had on our riders’ physical and mental well-being, we believe SoulCycle is more than a business, it’s a movement.

Your Soul Matters. We are a “culture of yes.” Our core values are service and hospitality. We believe every ride matters; every rider matters. All of our employees complete initial, as well as ongoing, hospitality training at our “Soul University” to ensure exceptional service across the organization ...

Pack. Tribe. Community. At SoulCycle, our riders feed off the group’s shared energy and motivation to push themselves to their greatest potential. In becoming part of our community, our riders are instilled with greater awareness of not only their bodies but also their emotions. We believe this awareness leads to healthier decisions, relationships and lives. We are not a business that values only transactions, rather we create a community that cultivates and sustains relationships. Our immersive culture of inspiration and empowerment contributes to the engaged and connected rider base in each of our studios.

Once this hit the internet, the Twitter crowd took to pulling out lines, with several noting that the descriptions made the company sound like a cult.

SoulCycle declined to comment beyond the filing, citing the pre-IPO quiet period.

Goldman Sachs, Cowen, William Blair, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citi, and RBC are handling the IPO.

Hopefully they like tribal experiences.

They also capitalized FUN throughout the prospectus.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

its like crab mentality but he keeps grabbing his own leg. what a weird broken person

HN:
Anthropomorphize much?
Are the crabs aware of their situation? Are they actually consciously preventing the other crabs from escaping? Or are they just trying to grab on to anything they can get get out of the crab-pile?
Seems like a deeply flawed metaphor that will likely lead you astray.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i like the financial planner who quit b/c her relative wealth would go down

it's a fairly well-known phenomenon

A is waiting in line at a movie theater. When he gets to the ticket window, he is told that as he is the 100,000th customer of the theater, he has just won $100.

B is waiting in line at a different theater. The man in front of him wins $1,000 for being the 1-millionth customer of the theater. Mr. B wins $150.

Amazingly, most people said that they would prefer to be A. In other words, they would rather forgo $50 in order to alleviate the feeling of regret that comes with not winning the thousand bucks. Essentially, they were willing to pay $50 for regret therapy.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mr. Apollo posted:

what the gently caress is this

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PLATONIC ANAL VORE posted:

lmao

identical twins here too, pretty sure I could tell them apart no matter what

oh yeah, I could tell them apart from the front easy, but sneaking up behind for the ultimate goose, not so much

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Luigi Thirty posted:

$35 spin class in the dark with hot edm beats

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i thought goosing someone meant that you pinched the taint

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i thought goosing someone meant that you pinched the taint

i found the other homeschooled person

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
sadly, i was public-schooled in southern louisiana which is certainly worse

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Mr. Apollo posted:

wait so that thing from kimmy schmidt is real

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

i found the other homeschooled person
:eng101: its the first definition on urban dictiony

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Luigi Thirty posted:

every organized exercise company wanting to be crossfit.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

the talent deficit posted:

this is only tangentially tech related but the ny times interviewed some of the worst people in the world for this piece

this combined with the article posted earlier about how people have ridiculous amounts of misplaced loyalty to their employers while receiving none in return make for depressing reads

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

this combined with the article posted earlier about how people have ridiculous amounts of misplaced loyalty to their employers while receiving none in return make for depressing reads

if i become a job creator i'm going to make sure employees know they don't owe me poo poo i don't pay them for, especially loyalty

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
frankly im shocked that the socially maladjusted wierdo who posted a pic of himself inside of a dog kennel online and continuously posts the most boring drivel with the most boring and fail authors voice was homeschooled

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
:geno: i was homeschooled.
:c00l: you dont say?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

millionaire suing his own brother for more money. makes me sick

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Smythe posted:

frankly im shocked that the socially maladjusted wierdo who posted a pic of himself inside of a dog kennel online and continuously posts the most boring drivel with the most boring and fail authors voice was homeschooled

Only 50 % sure you're talking about him but someone with anal vore in their name is weird in some way? Shocking

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Syncopated posted:

Only 50 % sure you're talking about him but someone with anal vore in their name is weird in some way? Shocking

anal vore is my friend and ally. hes extremely smart and also muscular as hell. ive seen him deadlift over 9000 lbs and ive jerked to the vid. im referring to the leading contender in the worst poster in YOSPOS competition tusan tack or whatever

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

i enjoy working for an employer that values my loyalty

however i will gladly accept a position w/ another company who values my loyalty more

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Shifty Pony posted:

every organized exercise company wanting to be crossfit.

i wonder if it's more profitable to do licensing with everyone on the planet, or if it works out better to do the centralized cult model. i mean the mormons seem to be doing p well for themselves, but they don't have the numbers.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

the talent deficit posted:

this is only tangentially tech related but the ny times interviewed some of the worst people in the world for this piece

what

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Qq they gave everyone a raise so I'm gonna quit my job I was due to make a lot more at

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Nintendo Kid posted:

Qq they gave everyone a raise so I'm gonna quit my job I was due to make a lot more at

some dude was going from like 50 to 70k and quit over it

i want to strangle that person

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ruby idiot railed posted:

didn't even finish getting the raises to bring it up to $70k

dude said that raises are being phased in over like a year or so

finance planner jumped ship before even step one could happen

if the ceo weren't so religious i'm sure he'd be all "yeah gently caress those people we don't want them here either"

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Captain of Industry.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i enjoy working for an employer that values my loyalty

however i will gladly accept a position w/ another company who values my loyalty more

same

my loyalty is entirely measured in USD

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

you have to understand, the thought of all those underachievers being paid as much as him was just sickening

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

it is so amazing to me that people would be *so mad* about other people making as much as them that they would rather make nothing

it must be like why homophobes are so concerned about other dudes' dicks

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
tbf gay dudes are p hilarious

they talk like ladies and stick their dicks up eachothers' asses

i mean who does that

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
gay dudes, tho anyone can talk like a lady, really

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

tbf gay dudes are p hilarious

they talk like ladies and stick their dicks up eachothers' asses

i mean who does that

i mean, i do

but there's nothing really gay about it

furthermore the spartans

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Vicas posted:

you have to understand, the thought of all those underachievers being paid as much as him was just sickening

i make it a point to talk salary with friends etc cause gently caress the system. A co-worker got upset I was talkin salary with other people at work despite our HR policy saying we couldn't. I had to look it up cause no way that poo poo was legal and turned out I was right:

quote:

The National Labor Relations Act says that employers cannot prevent employees from discussing wages and working conditions among themselves. The idea is that employees need to be free to organize, and preventing them from discussing these topics would prevent them from organizing.

I personally think all salaries should be public (like they do with companies in Ontario. http://www.ontario.ca/government/public-sector-salary-disclosure ) but for some reason people get all butthurt talkin salary. like, how insecure in yourself do you need to be that your whole self worth is tied up with the fact that you make more than the other people on your floor.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theoretically make more, once they know theyre not paid more they get mad because that somehow devalues them

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the more money = better than theory just melts and theyre left naked with their $2/hr less wage to warm them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

• Locked thread