Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Radish posted:

"My War With Brian" is like something Eric Cartman would do. Some slight against Rall causes him to vastly over-react with an aggressive and over the top revenge. While he's doing this he's convinced he's the hero in this scenario and that everyone else is also totally backing him up and thinks he's cool. The fact that it's like that and he had to make everything up is even more unsettling.

Did. That's the Scott Tenorman episode (spelling?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Warcabbit posted:

At this point in time, rapid fire thirty round capacity rifles were known (you could get about 20 shots with one at a time), as were pistols, and the first prototype of the machine gun was exhibited and I'm willing to be Ben Franklin was present for that.

That musket, the "Belton Flintlock", was actually offered to the Continental Congress in 1777.

They declined due to the cost however.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

xthetenth posted:

Did. That's the Scott Tenorman episode (spelling?).

It's like a combination of that and The Coon episodes. It's just really creepy someone is like that for real although it's somewhat comforting he had to lie about it.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
The Daily Show highlighted this issue in a great piece a couple years ago.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/t63lj3/bro-choice

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

Oh, no, it's a good story: you see, the reason Tedd never graduated is because his docs left untreated a wart on his chest, and it sent it's wartly roots straight into his heart. When it was eventually removed, it was like popping the cork on a champagne bottle, emptying Tedd of blood and sending him straight to the ER.
Rall was in bed with a woman when it happened, and apparently the roots of the warr burrowed into his aorta and caused massive bleeding all over the bed!

If you know anything about anatomy or HPV, you know this laughable bullshit. The reality is that Rall originally majored in nuclear engineering and, well, that went about as smoothly as you can imagine.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Rorus Raz posted:

Rall was in bed with a woman when it happened, and apparently the roots of the warr burrowed into his aorta and caused massive bleeding all over the bed!

If you know anything about anatomy or HPV, you know this laughable bullshit. The reality is that Rall originally majored in nuclear engineering and, well, that went about as smoothly as you can imagine.

I can see it. I do feel like I'm getting cancer when I read his poo poo.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Rorus Raz posted:

I'm picturing poorly constructed reactors covered in Hitlers, shaped like something out of Escher/Lovecraft for some reason. Also they don't actually exist because they are a lie.

Avenida
Jul 14, 2015
...This joke would have been stale 15 years ago, let alone now. Jeez.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Avenida posted:

...This joke would have been stale 15 years ago, let alone now. Jeez.
When Ted Kennedy died there were Chappaquiddick cartoons.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Rorus Raz posted:

There's no statute of limitations on murder! :tinsley:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

There really is nothing to see here, that crash and burn isn't even happening. A good cartoon.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

Man there are still chappaquiddick cartoons!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A thing from The Nib:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

loquacius posted:

A thing from The Nib:

The circle of life.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

loquacius posted:

A thing from The Nib:

A thing of haunting beauty.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

loquacius posted:

A thing from The Nib:

:lol:

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Crain posted:

That musket, the "Belton Flintlock", was actually offered to the Continental Congress in 1777.

They declined due to the cost however.

Different one - I'm thinking of the air rifle Lewis and Clarke carried. In German service ca 1750, and with those two data points, I'm willing to bet it was reasonably known.
It's most popularly known as Colonel Moran's rifle from the Sherlock Holmes novels. Either way, they were right on the tip of invention, waiting only improved precision for manufacture.

And if you don't think the Natural Philosophers of the Continental Congress didn't like things that go bang enough to keep up on that sort of thing, yer nuts.

... which makes me wonder what the hell kind of stupid poo poo Jefferson, Franklin, and say, Sam Adams would get up to when drunk.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 31, 2015

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Ruben Bolling's take on the Ted Rall thing on the Twitters.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Oh my god

Not related to current Rallchat but I didn't know this was what you should have done instead of voting for Obama.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Flaskraven posted:

Oh my god

Not related to current Rallchat but I didn't know this was what you should have done instead of voting for Obama.

This loving guy.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Zanzibar Ham posted:

There's no statute of limitations on murder! bad political cartoons :tinsley:

lovely political cartoons are timeless.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ted Rall is 51 years old.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Flaskraven posted:

Oh my god

So why is not voting better? It's a pretty pathetic way to protest the system Rall.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Monaghan posted:

So why is not voting better? It's a pretty pathetic way to protest the system Rall.

Everything other than starting the Rallvolution is a stupid, eyeroll-worthy waste of time, you Hitler.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Flaskraven posted:

Oh my god

Wanna smack Ted Rall over the head with that newspaper.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Ted Rall is roughly as pathetic as Chris Muir, but for different reasons.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

At this point I want to start advocating we harvest the organs of any cartoonist who bought in to the planned parenthood hoax, and also has a comic minimizing all the policy brutality against black people. loving Christ.

Wise can be first.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Monaghan posted:

Rall is an accelerationist. He thinks the current system is lovely but keeps us just happy enough to hold back from full-blown revolt. He believes that, by not voting and letting the greater evil win, things will get so crappy that people will rise up and usher in a glorious revolution. Which Rall will lead, of course.

This is an easy loving thing for a white, well-to-do person like Rall to suggest since there's very little at stake for him. He's not the one who stands to lose their security net and rights should republicans dominate the government. It's like the ultimate form of slacktvism: you don't even have to head to polls to vote! Just stay home and act as smug as possible.

(note: I'm not saying that not voting isn't a legitimate way to protest, just that Rall does it to be a condescending prick)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ted Rall is the same age as Michelle Obama, Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Shue, Nic Cage, Brad Pitt, Tori Amos, James Hetfield, shoot, even Sarah Palin. People who have had full careers...full second careers—people who have done poo poo.

Ted Rall draws like this:

And makes pimply 14-year-old-kid hot takes from his laptop.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Acid Haze posted:

I know I'm behind and this is from 20 pages ago but I just felt compelled to do this.

Whats the new background image from?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

-Zydeco- posted:

Queen's News of the World

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

-Zydeco- posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jDpdGA37A0

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I don't want Ted Rall to die, but I want him to at least like receive some sort of ironic punishment for his misdeeds

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Monkey Fracas posted:

I don't want Ted Rall to die, but I want him to at least like receive some sort of ironic punishment for his misdeeds

The only appropriate punishment for Ted Rall is to suddenly develop introspection.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Fortunately, the worst punishment possible is already in place: he must continue to be Ted Rall.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

His punishment is that, after his whiny rant about how people Kickstarter have no taste because his Kickstarter for a vacation failed, his colleagues continue to get projects funded :allears:

EDIT: Wait, it did get funded so I'm not sure what his whining was about.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Shugojin posted:

The only appropriate punishment for Ted Rall is to suddenly develop introspection.

Sociopaths rarely gain such insights.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

frankenfreak posted:

GIS suggests it would look like this:

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Ruben Bolling's take on the Ted Rall thing on the Twitters.

"So two key assertions were proven by the tape the police themselves provided, and nothing refutes any other assertions Ted made. Strange"

The only "strange" part is why would a skilled and funny cartoonist like Ruben Bolling be friends with a self-absorbed cretin whose influence and, indeed, very existence harms the art of cartooning every bit as much shrinking circulations and staff cutbacks at newspapers?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Political Cartoons mostly being garbage probably has something to do with the fact that cartoonists are way to defensive of each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Deep Hurting posted:

The only "strange" part is why would a skilled and funny cartoonist like Ruben Bolling be friends with a self-absorbed cretin whose influence and, indeed, very existence harms the art of cartooning every bit as much shrinking circulations and staff cutbacks at newspapers?
In person he's apparently a decent guy. So, like most 14-year-olds, his self-absorbed, rear end in a top hat persona only exists on the internet.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 31, 2015

• Locked thread