Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

El Golden Goose posted:

By my math, if he's got 2500+ subscribers as someone above said, that's $150k a year just from subscribers.

It's 75k due to half being taken by twitch, but still insane for streaming vidyas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Zorglorfian posted:

So the final boss is a box of oatmeal? What?

Also, anything good to watch between Mario and Luigi and now?

You should watch his run for AGDQ.

The real final boss is A Cheetamen Voltron.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

nerdbot posted:

Ok I missed that. I'll let it slide then.

Witwix owns but there's only so many times you can make this piece of poo poo entertaining.

It's always fun seeing the people matching witwix cringe. Schadenfreude is eternal.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

El Golden Goose posted:

By my math, if he's got 2500+ subscribers as someone above said, that's $150k a year just from subscribers.

Twitch takes somewhere around half of sub revenue so it isn't anywhere near $150k from subs alone (but add in his donations and it probably is). For somebody with 2500+ subs, they probably take around 40%.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

OatmealRaisin posted:

Witwix hates this game so much but it's too profitable to drop from the marathon. He's the Hideo Kojima of speedrunners, and Boshy is his Metal Gear

well until GDQ erases his contributions anyway

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

2500 subs is 10/month, half for him half for twitch. 12.5k, guys.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Black Balloon posted:

2500 subs is 10/month, half for him half for twitch. 12.5k, guys.

A sub is $5 a month.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Some older streamers get 3.50 from every 5 instead of 2.50. Not sure if Wix is in that category.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Don't forget donations you boners, does he disclose how much he makes?

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

evilalien posted:

A sub is $5 a month.

Whatever. They're off by a zero. It ain't 150k. It ain't even half that.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Black Balloon posted:

Whatever. They're off by a zero. It ain't 150k. It ain't even half that.

They are talking yearly income, and he easily tops 150K between subs and donations.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

evilalien posted:

They are talking yearly income, and he easily tops 150K between subs and donations.

Oh fair enough.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

stringball posted:

Don't forget donations you boners, does he disclose how much he makes?

I think only one or two have done that, and I'm not sure if you're able to disclose Twitch ad revenue at all.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In his last stream before GDQ he got $350 and the comment was something like "Here's some pocket change to donate to SGDQ"

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
All right! Slack's one of my best friends so I hope he does well.

The seeded run will be pretty awesome.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

In his last stream before GDQ he got $350 and the comment was something like "Here's some pocket change to donate to SGDQ"

Yeah, I've seen streamers get several hundred per stream with the occasional 1k+. If they stream daily... you do the math.

jackofarcades posted:

The seeded run will be pretty awesome.

Seeded? Well I guess I'm interested now.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

El Golden Goose posted:

unknown split and tax so I'd assume 2.5 bucks per sub - 90k at 3000

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

OatmealRaisin posted:

Witwix hates this game so much but it's too profitable to drop from the marathon. He's the Hideo Kojima of speedrunners, and Boshy is his Metal Gear

In theory if someone made a game as hard as Boshy he might play it.
But part of the reason Boshy gets so many views/donors is because it's got all these references that make you or me puke but the average viewer is gonna go HAHAHA DO THE MARIO *throws money at screen*

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Looks like he was at notch's house for a party too at some point rofl

https://twitter.com/witwix/status/611236576211763200

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

OatmealRaisin posted:

I wonder how Witwix running another game would still work as far as viewers and donations go.

stringball posted:

Looks like he was at notch's house for a party too at some point rofl

https://twitter.com/witwix/status/611236576211763200
Notch subscribes to Witwix and has dropped in big donations just for the hell of it. Not that Witwix needs Notch's support. Witwix also just moved to Irvine, CA so now he's much closer and can hang out with Notch more regularly I guess!

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
wow how fuckin fun reset thirty times at the start IF ONLY THERE WAS A SEED THAT WOULD ALLEVIATE THIS

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
wait he's resetting too? lmao. why

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
So basically, the money he donates here for his deaths are basically just advertising that will end up paying for itself and then some?

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

iPodschun posted:

I wonder how Witwix running another game would still work as far as viewers and donations go.
Notch subscribes to Witwix and has dropped in big donations just for the hell of it. Not that Witwix needs Notch's support. Witwix also just moved to Irvine, CA so now he's much closer and can hang out with Notch more regularly I guess!

Zone of the Enders and Boktai sold abysmally :v:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Manslaughter posted:

In theory if someone made a game as hard as Boshy he might play it.
But part of the reason Boshy gets so many views/donors is because it's got all these references that make you or me puke but the average viewer is gonna go HAHAHA DO THE MARIO *throws money at screen*
Of course people sincerely find Boshy funny :smithicide:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This has to be extremely confusing to people who haven't seen BoI.

e: clapping at Cricket's Head :lol:

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
The soundtrack change for Rebirth really discouraged me from playing through it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Haha clapping for finding a good item.

THE SKILLS

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

homphgomph posted:

The soundtrack change for Rebirth really discouraged me from playing through it.

You can literally just put in the old music in the music folder and you got the old music back. I did that day 1 and never looked back.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
This is a completely random Roguelike, isn't it?

How do you even speedrun this? Just "know how to quickly handle anything that happens to come up"?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

How do you even speedrun this? Just "know how to quickly handle anything that happens to come up"?
He's playing like the easiest character in the game. You start with flying and a broken weapon.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Your Computer posted:

You can literally just put in the old music in the music folder and you got the old music back. I did that day 1 and never looked back.

Or here is a mod that does this.

http://moddingofisaac.com/mod/91/pureclassicmusicmod

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
why's homie picking up pennies

u azazel

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

wow how fuckin fun reset thirty times at the start IF ONLY THERE WAS A SEED THAT WOULD ALLEVIATE THIS

There is a seeded run after this. The seeded run is literally around 3 and a half minutes and it's almost entirely brainless.

The people who run BOI actually like the fact that runs are different so you have to make quick decisiosn.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

WhiteHowler posted:

just be glad it isn't two people racing by playing different random seeds for like 45 minutes, like last year.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like

Your Computer posted:

Oh drat...well then!

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

homphgomph posted:

DannyB owns too hard

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Rorus Raz posted:

He's playing like the easiest character in the game. You start with flying and a broken weapon.
you can straight up pretty easily beat mom's heart without picking up anything, at all, just with how azazel is at start

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

Reset for a top 20 item or so and know how to kill enemies efficiently.

IronicDongz posted:

why's homie picking up pennies

u azazel

Mapping is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Donation machine is cheating :argh:

• Locked thread