Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Good call George.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bad Seafood posted:

What's with the strap cloth.

Where else are you going to put it?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

that sprites good, idk what endorphs talkin about when the animation for the get out laser is so good lol

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

obligatory:

edit... is Namtab Jason Alexander? :tinfoil:

All men of good taste like yui

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

jason alexander is a retard who can't keep his story straight
https://twitter.com/ijasonalexander/status/289244634788556800

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

obligatory:

edit... is Namtab Jason Alexander? :tinfoil:

He should've chosen Mio, she could play all the incidental music from Seinfeld.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Wow Tatsuta filled out.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I tried to read the Stephen Univesre thread in TVIV. Either I missed a lot of subtle world bulding, or those dudes have imagined a ton of of elaborat background info, including one of the main characters being from a some sort of mass-produced slave caste, and now they just all accept it as canonical in-universe lore.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Hadaka Apron posted:

He should've chosen Mio, she could play all the incidental music from Seinfeld.

I'm sure the last thing he wants to remember is the ephemeral glory of the mid 1990s

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

I tried to read the Stephen Univesre thread in TVIV. Either I missed a lot of subtle world bulding, or those dudes have imagined a ton of of elaborat background info, including one of the main characters being from a some sort of mass-produced slave caste, and now they just all accept it as canonical in-universe lore.

Why don't you go post there, it sounds like your jam.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Hoo boy the second ending theme in Food Wars is real bad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

please stop posting about the cartoon made by a guy who gets insanely mad on twitter about jokes

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

please stop posting about the cartoon made by a guy who gets insanely mad on twitter about jokes

She did? What happened?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

details?
< doesn't watch stephen universe.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Actually, please continue posting about Steven Universe

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Only post the detailsif they are funny

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I spent 30 seconds trying to find the huge Stephen Universe effort post in the Madoka thread before deciding that was more effort than it deserved.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Not slaves more than any other gem type, but it's pretty heavily implied Pearls are mass produced to be aids like gem C3-POs.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Please don't talk about western trash in the anime thread.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

littleorv posted:

Please don't talk about western trash in the anime thread.

Yumi was the best code lyoko

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Command Ant posted:

No, that's what 'autistic' is for.
Apologize right now.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
AIDS

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

WickedHate posted:

Not slaves more than any other gem type, but it's pretty heavily implied Pearls are mass produced to be aids like gem C3-POs.

Where was that implied? Is it in the comics or something?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

boom boom boom posted:

it genuinely would not surprise me if poo poo like that is intentional, Adventure Time dropped little hints for yeeeeears that it was post-apocalyptic and everyone was like "oh that's a dumb fan theory" but then they started explicitly mentioning a "mushroom war" that made a whole bunch of hosed up mutants and wrecked everything

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

it genuinely would not surprise me if poo poo like that is intentional, Adventure Time dropped little hints for yeeeeears that it was post-apocalyptic and everyone was like "oh that's a dumb fan theory" but then they started explicitly mentioning a "mushroom war" that made a whole bunch of hosed up mutants and wrecked everything

that dumb lore stuff was the worst part of that show

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

boom boom boom posted:

there's an entire steven universe thread you could ask that in and not cause a boring shitfight by talking about steven universe in the anime chat

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

the wildest rear end posted:

:agreed:

i do like the episode where Finn fights the Zeed gang from Fist of the North Star tho

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Blockhouse posted:

there's an entire steven universe thread you could ask that in and not cause a boring shitfight by talking about steven universe in the anime chat

I did ask in the TVIV thread, but then I came back to this thread and saw Wickedhate responded to my post

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

the wildest rear end posted:

I just watched the episodde where Betty finds out more about Magic Man's tragic backstory.

The two worst things in the show, together at last!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Jasper calling her "a defective Pearl", that she explicitly said she's "not built for fighting" in her song with Connie, and how her relationship with Rose is framed makes it seem like Rose was her feudal lord and she the handmaiden in multiple ways.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
man I just wish a western cartoon could be serious and have effort put into it without pandering to the absolute most sadbrain motherfuckers on the planet. in other words I miss Teen Titans.

e: this is not a knock against Go, Go owns like loving hell

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oh god

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

WickedHate posted:

Jasper calling her "a defective Pearl", that she explicitly said she's "not built for fighting" in her song with Connie, and how her relationship with Rose is framed makes it seem like Rose was her feudal lord and she the handmaiden in multiple ways.

But she also says she learned about the concept of knights on earth, and decided to be that. I don't get how her relationship with Rose is a reflection of Gem culture when it's something she learned on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Man, I gotta scroll through pages of fighting games chat every other day, I don't eptyquote "AIDS" about it

• Locked thread