Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I like steven universe but I am not stupid enough to just have a conversation about steven universe in a thread full of people who don't like steven universe

it's the same reason I just nod and stay quiet anytime people start talking about gatchaman crowds

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 31, 2015

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

:agreed:

i do like the episode where Finn fights the Zeed gang from Fist of the North Star tho

the guy who said "chilling out wasteland style" is cool

boom boom boom posted:

I just watched the episodde where Betty finds out more about Magic Man's tragic backstory.

The two worst things in the show, together at last!

I don't watch the show anymore but that sounds bad

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

is this at me for bringing up Teen Titans

how do you not love a show with Ron loving Perlman at the absolute top of his VA game as the main villain :colbert: anime would be significantly improved as a medium if it had more Ron Perlman in it

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

boom boom boom posted:

Man, I gotta scroll through pages of fighting games chat every other day, I don't eptyquote "AIDS" about it

*Calls my Bro Ken to deliver a fiery EX Shoryuken directly to your chest*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there was this joke tumblr that posted lame fake facts about steven universe. like 'there's going to be a third and fifth season of steven universe. we don't talk about the fourth season.' levels of lame jokes.

the twitter dude got insanely mad and talked about HOW DARE YOU SPREAD THIS FALSE INFORMATION and then when the person running the tumblr apologized and offered to take it down, dude went loving ballistic about how HOW CAN I BELIEVE YOUR APOLOGY WHEN ALL YOU'VE DONE IS LIE. and then insane twitter fans harassed the jokeman off the internet.

it's one of the most hosed up and insane things ive ever seen. esp. since that tumblr was probably run by, like, a fourteen year old.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

the wildest rear end posted:

the guy who said "chilling out wasteland style" is cool

I don't watch the show anymore but that sounds bad

Magic Man is the best character in that show and they ruined him

I just want Magic Man to be a jerk

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Jay O posted:

So, I wrote an article about the anime references of Steven Universe for my employer-site, Anime News Network! Most of this stuff is probably old news to longtime SU fans, but it might be a fun read if you like Japanimation trivia. (And I apologize if the article makes it seem like I think the show is good because it has anime references. Of course I don't feel that way, I love the show on its own merits, but editorials gotta have a topic, and that's the topic we went with given our readership.) I hope you like it! :)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gas.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
this conversation is now about Ron Perlman

the greatest neanderthal ever to take up acting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzkA1xQcOME

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

of loving course it is

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No it wasn't.

I don't even know what teen titans is.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Endorph posted:

there was this joke tumblr that posted lame fake facts about steven universe. like 'there's going to be a third and fifth season of steven universe. we don't talk about the fourth season.' levels of lame jokes.

the twitter dude got insanely mad and talked about HOW DARE YOU SPREAD THIS FALSE INFORMATION and then when the person running the tumblr apologized and offered to take it down, dude went loving ballistic about how HOW CAN I BELIEVE YOUR APOLOGY WHEN ALL YOU'VE DONE IS LIE. and then insane twitter fans harassed the jokeman off the internet.

it's one of the most hosed up and insane things ive ever seen. esp. since that tumblr was probably run by, like, a fourteen year old.

Pwned.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

But she also says she learned about the concept of knights on earth, and decided to be that.

Right, she wasn't a fighter but decided to be to fight alongside/protect Rose. People don't theorize she was a knight before she came to Earth, but a personal assistant.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gender gems

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I haven't had a chance to ask Deadpool if I can post in the SU thread again yet so I have a lot of "talk about SU with goons" in me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

roddy piper is dead, and i blame steven universe chat

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sakurazuka posted:

No it wasn't.

I don't even know what teen titans is.

show on cartoon network from like 10 years ago, one of the only attempts at making "american anime" that kinda worked out ok in my opinion

it hasn't aged fantastically, it lays on the "LOOK AT US WEEBS, WE'RE ANIME!!!" stuff a little thick, but when it's good it's pretty fuckin good

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62YzvoOss-c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Skb15CROqw

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

WickedHate posted:

Right, she wasn't a fighter but decided to be to fight alongside/protect Rose. People don't theorize she was a knight before she came to Earth, but a personal assistant.

But she could've been anything that wasn't a fighter. Or maybe it was just a personal statement.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

Nooooooo

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Wickedhate, everybody in the chat thread agreed: we really want to see your e/n thread right now.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

WickedHate posted:

I haven't had a chance to ask Deadpool if I can post in the SU thread again yet so I have a lot of "talk about SU with goons" in me.

Why aren't you allwed to post in the Stephen Universe thread?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

But she could've been anything that wasn't a fighter. Or maybe it was just a personal statement.
you bastard, was piper not enough for you? do you crave more blood?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Ron Pearlman was wasted in Afro Samurai.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

pon alien posted:

Wickedhate, everybody in the chat thread agreed: we really want to see your e/n thread right now.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bad Seafood posted:

I legitimately forgot he was in that until I skimmed over that "many voices of Ron Perlman" video

need to rewatch that poo poo, and he needs to do more anime dubs

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bad Seafood posted:

everyone was wasted in Afro Samurai

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
everyone was also probably wasted while making Afro Samurai

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

Magic Man is the best character in that show and they ruined him

I just want Magic Man to be a jerk

Im mad now

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

....I literally looked him up just this morning. :sigh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guess I'm watching They Live! tomorrow.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
All Afro Samurai had to do was be a superficial cool thing and it couldn't even do that right

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

....I literally looked him up just this morning. :sigh:

dude's last tweet was yesterday!

dying sucks

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Blockhouse posted:

All Afro Samurai had to do was be a superficial cool thing and it couldn't even do that right

I dunno, I felt like it pulled that off decently? I also watched it years ago on netflix tho

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

pon alien posted:

Here's my prediction of how that would go: Not Well.

boom boom boom posted:

Why aren't you allwed to post in the Stephen Universe thread?

I got all social justice warrior about stuff and was probated a couple times. I don't think Deadpool was really being serious, but when I bought my account back right after Waterhaul banned me that I posted in the thread "after being told not to" was used as an excuse for another ban.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Samuel L. Jackson and that one priest with the mechanical arm and the Louisiana accent were good.

Whoever thought Yuri Lowenthal was a good choice for Kuma though needed to get fired.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

japanimation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the dude who banned you, was absolutely being serious

• Locked thread