Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

sout posted:

I decided to check on how r/Fallout was doing because I'm dumb

Dailuge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

sout posted:

This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

They went to all the trouble to look up the lead writer of Fallout 4 and their body of work, but couldn't be bothered to check the spelling of 'Dialogue' when reddit's posting system has a built-in spell check.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

OwlFancier posted:

Cream of Plenty can you write for Fallout 4 please I think it would improve the game substantially if you did.
In a shocking turn of events, Cream-of-plenty is actually Emil Pagliarulo.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

They went to all the trouble to look up the lead writer of Fallout 4 and their body of work, but couldn't be bothered to check the spelling of 'Dialogue' when reddit's posting system has a built-in spell check.

I just assumed Dailuge was some lovely Elder Scrolls expansion I forgot about or something

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

sout posted:

I decided to check on how r/Fallout was doing because I'm dumb

I wonder if they actually think the writing in Fallout 3 and Skyrim is good.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SunAndSpring posted:

I wonder if they actually think the writing in Fallout 3 and Skyrim is good.

They do in fact, yes.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I don't recall anything too egregious in Skyrim. The little impromptu speech when you first meet Ulfric is a little lame.

Fallout 3 falls into a trap of thinking anyone with a moral compass is literally Jesus, though.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

mrking posted:

How about Fallout: Cuba. The island remains untouched by war but is under constant assault by refugees fleeing from the wastes of the North American continent. It already has a 1950s Americana feel so that would make development easier.

They could even borrow assets from Tropico.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I like that Hawaii idea somebody earlier wrote. I thought it was cool.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

I don't recall anything too egregious in Skyrim. The little impromptu speech when you first meet Ulfric is a little lame.
Skyrim had plenty of poo poo writing. The entire Thieves Guild questline to just name one example. Though unlike FO3 I didn't think Skyrim shoved anything too terrible (like Three Dog or Little Lamplight) down your throat.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

NofrikinfuN posted:

Fallout 3 falls into a trap of thinking anyone with a moral compass is literally Jesus, though.

hurr durr Thieves guild, hurr durr forced into thing hurr durr, selling your soul, hurr durr, cannot just kill Ulfric to end the war.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Nevets posted:

When you think about it, attacking DC in a nuclear war is actually a bad idea. You aren't going to kill the president, he's safe in some bunker or Airforce 1 or an oil rig in the Pacific, so maybe you take out a few cabinet members, but you would definitely kill most of congress. With the legislative branch gone, all power would naturally devolve to the executive branch and now there aren't any practical restrictions on what the president & military could do: rationing, conscription, internment camps, property seizure, martial law, summary judgement, etc. All the things that would make the war much easier to wage but are difficult or impossible to muster congressional support for. You'd take out the Pentagon too, but I have to assume that there are plenty of plans in place to run the military out of Cheyenne Mountain, that's the whole reason it's there.

Go on.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

NofrikinfuN posted:

In Skyrim, the invincible dragon that supposed to be your rival doesn't kill or destroy anything you care about and goes to the one place where he isn't invincible when you beat him up a little bit in one fight.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

In Skyrim, the invincible dragon that supposed to be your rival doesn't kill or destroy anything you care about and goes to the one place where he isn't invincible when you beat him up a little bit in one fight.

What, exactly, would he have destroyed that I actually gave a poo poo about in that game?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Magmarashi posted:

What, exactly, would he have destroyed that I actually gave a poo poo about?

Well, seeing as none of the characters in the game are particularly interesting and you can't really get attached to a place if there's no one you like there, I guess nothing.

But still, might as well call Skyrim "TES V: The Dragons Who Don't Do Anything"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Dragons are just cliff racers with better loot drops.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Bholder posted:

hurr durr Thieves guild, hurr durr forced into thing hurr durr, selling your soul, hurr durr, cannot just kill Ulfric to end the war.

Okay, now I'm remembering a few things. I never joined the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood and it actively felt like I was being punished for it. I had to pass a speech check to avoid being forced into joining the Thieves during a story quest. To date I can't do anything with the unusual gems. They went waaay heavy on Thieves/Brotherhood content.

Which wouldn't have been quite so bad if the Fighters Guild hadn't been replaced by the Werewolves Guild in Skyrim. Or if destroying Daedric artifacts had been anywhere near as rewarding as murdering innocents to get them.

Really, there were several things that rubbed me wrong. If shouting Bandits off of parapets hadn't been so much fun, I might have had a different opinion of Skyrim as a whole.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

Which wouldn't have been quite so bad if the Fighters Guild hadn't been replaced by the Werewolves Guild in Skyrim.

That was the one that really got me, especially since it wasn't like you had a mostly complete Fighter's Guild story and then an extra werewolf thing you could start if you felt like it. It was like two missions before the werewolf poo poo started up and then I think another two before you could only advance by becoming a werewolf yourself and that really pissed me off.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
No Fallout or Elder Scrolls game has had good writing.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Magmarashi posted:

What, exactly, would he have destroyed that I actually gave a poo poo about in that game?

Realistic horse vaginas.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Magmarashi posted:

Seeing how the one thing I truly valued was that my theme song kicked in towards the end of a dragon fight (:black101:) the worst thing they could do is stop attacking me, period.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

JackBadass posted:

No game has had good writing.

Dammit, man. You can't just leave low hanging fruit out like that.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

The best part of the werewolf fighters guild was the glitch you could use when transforming to stack amulets to reduce the shout cool-down to 0.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I loved that scene in prey. I was a little turned on and a little sad at the same time.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nevets posted:

When you think about it, attacking DC in a nuclear war is actually a bad idea. You aren't going to kill the president, he's safe in some bunker or Airforce 1 or an oil rig in the Pacific, so maybe you take out a few cabinet members, but you would definitely kill most of congress. With the legislative branch gone, all power would naturally devolve to the executive branch and now there aren't any practical restrictions on what the president & military could do: rationing, conscription, internment camps, property seizure, martial law, summary judgement, etc. All the things that would make the war much easier to wage but are difficult or impossible to muster congressional support for. You'd take out the Pentagon too, but I have to assume that there are plenty of plans in place to run the military out of Cheyenne Mountain, that's the whole reason it's there.

There's some truth to that, although I have a feeling that the great war was just someone in each country mashing the 'launch all' button on their nuclear console and saying 'gently caress it'.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

-S- posted:

The best part of the werewolf fighters guild was the glitch you could use when transforming to stack amulets to reduce the shout cool-down to 0.

It was easier to use the enchanting glitch.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jethro posted:

In a shocking turn of events, Cream-of-plenty is actually Emil Pagliarulo.

Man is depressed. Man goes to rent video game. Store clerk says, "If you're depressed then rent a game written by great Pagliarulo. It will cheer you right up." Man turns to clerk with tears in his eyes and says, "[INT 10] But I AM great Pagliarulo and I fight the good fight with my words at Bethesda Softworks."

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SunAndSpring posted:

He wakes up all the other dragons and they go destroy the countryside.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Ilustforponydeath posted:

I loved that scene in prey. I was a little turned on and a little sad at the same time.

Prey was a constant source of arousal built exclusively around phallic and vaginal (or anal?) imagery wherein I am a strong, drunk, John Redcorn blasting aliens with incomprehensible organic penises while penetrating gargantuan labia portals. My cyborg ex-girlfriend sobs as she is compelled to destroy my masculinity; I turn into a bird and penetrate a door shaped like an rear end in a top hat.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
In other news.

Emil during the production of Fallout 3.

Emil now.

Good for him.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

In other news.

Emil now.

Good for him.

Looks like Scott Grimes

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

computer parts posted:

He wakes up all the other dragons and they go destroy the countryside.

Oh god, not the country side that has nothing of importance in it. I am terrified of this giant wimp of a villain who revives a bunch of dragons who don't take orders from him who just fly around and occasionally land in a city and kill some guards.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

TontoCorazon posted:

Looks like Scott Grimes

Ol' Grimey, they call him.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Look, I just want to know if I can con all gods in Fallout 4 by selling my soul to each and everyone of them, and just walking away with a bunch of special items and powers from them with seemingly no downsides.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

7c Nickel posted:

In other news.

Emil now.

Good for him.

Really makes you wonder what he was eating on that island before Bethesda found him.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Nevets posted:

You'd take out the Pentagon too, but I have to assume that there are plenty of plans in place to run the military out of Cheyenne Mountain, that's the whole reason it's there.
Before it's closure, the USSR (and probably China) had specific plans in place for Cheyenne Mountain. Guess what was the inspiration for Big Mountain in Old World Blues...

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Doodles posted:

Before it's closure, the USSR (and probably China) had specific plans in place for Cheyenne Mountain. Guess what was the inspiration for Big Mountain in Old World Blues...

Cheyenne Mountain (or the spirit of the Cheyenne Mountain) shows up more than once in the Fallout universe:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Prey was a constant source of arousal built exclusively around phallic and vaginal (or anal?) imagery wherein I am a strong, drunk, John Redcorn blasting aliens with incomprehensible organic penises while penetrating gargantuan labia portals. My cyborg ex-girlfriend sobs as she is compelled to destroy my masculinity; I turn into a bird and penetrate a door shaped like an rear end in a top hat.

I can only imagine what Bethesda will do for Prey 2 now that they own the rights.

Also I would commit wire fraud to have Art Bell as the radio announcer in anything again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Doodles posted:

For anyone who doesn't already know, try to guess where Cheyenne Mountain is.

• Locked thread