Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Frog Act posted:

Awesome! Yeah, I can definitely carve out an hour or two a day, I just can't do the five or six hours four nights a week I used to in other MMOs. Definitely stoked to hit 60 and try this stuff, how long is the 50-60 grind? Assuming I do all the MSQs cus I'm really into it.

If you have a ton of free time these next couple of weeks (and are done with the 2.x story quests entirely) before your program starts you can easily finish the story to 60 and get yourself on the gear treadmill. There are parts where you'll have to stop doing the story to get to the next level, but as a healer you'll have an easy time queuing for the highest level dungeon repeatedly which is the most efficient thing to do as it's best xp/hr and for getting gear upgrades as you go, though if you get bored of that there's other options such as FATEs or doing sidequests.

Evil Sagan posted:

I'm a little unclear on Glamoring rules. When I get the AF2 gear that is class-dependant, will I be able to transmog more broadly usable equipment to appear like my AF2 gear... like for example if the next set of Tomestone gear is multi-class Fending items, can I make it look like WAR-only AF2 equipment?

You cannot glamor better gear onto lesser gear, or job-restricted gear to unresticted gear. Or at least for job-restricted gear, if you do glamor it onto a generic piece, the glamor won't show if you're not on that job, it will show the original model.

Boten Anna fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Evil Sagan posted:

I'm a little unclear on Glamoring rules. When I get the AF2 gear that is class-dependant, will I be able to transmog more broadly usable equipment to appear like my AF2 gear... like for example if the next set of Tomestone gear is multi-class Fending items, can I make it look like WAR-only AF2 equipment?

Yes, but the glamour will only show up on Warrior. On PLD/DRK, it'll look like the base item.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Boten Anna posted:

If you have a ton of free time these next couple of weeks (and are done with the 2.x story quests entirely) before your program starts you can easily finish the story to 60 and get yourself on the gear treadmill. There are parts where you'll have to stop doing the story to get to the next level, but as a healer you'll have an easy time queuing for the highest level dungeon repeatedly which is the most efficient thing to do as it's best xp/hr and for getting gear upgrades as you go, though if you get bored of that there's other options such as FATEs or doing sidequests.

You cannot glamor better gear onto lesser gear, or job-restricted gear to unresticted gear.

You can't glamour gear onto something with a lower required level to equip it, true. But you absolutely can glamour job-restricted gear onto unrestricted gear, so long as they're both something the same class can equip.

bonewitch posted:

Yes, but the glamour will only show up on Warrior. On PLD/DRK, it'll look like the base item.

Exactly like this.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Now the real grind can begin.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. Sucks if I start working on other jobs, but at least for the near future I'll be able to glamour my WAR gearset as I like.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Mordiceius posted:

The problems here are legion.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Good God man level that astro up another half a level it's killing me

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Whats the best way to lvl crafters up in the 50s?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Tenzarin posted:

Whats the best way to lvl crafters up in the 50s?
Leves, scripts, manuals, and most especially GC turn ins

Farg posted:

Good God man level that astro up another half a level it's killing me

The fact that mord has all 60 crafts, like if that's your thing on cool, but no specializations is especially tweaking me.

Also not finishing story when there's so much to be gained from it even crafting yeah.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mordiceius posted:

Where are your desynth levels, casual

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What's the opening skill rotation for WAR to get 2 possible 3 Fel cleaves in with berserk?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Holyshoot posted:

What's the opening skill rotation for WAR to get 2 possible 3 Fel cleaves in with berserk?

I think it's something like

SP combo (2 stacks) -> BB combo (use 'zerk before the BB, gets to 5) -> FC -> Infuriate -> FC ->SP combo -> BB combo (Vengeance + the parry one somewhere in here so you get 5 before BB) -> FC -> 'zerk ends

I'm sure Boten Anna or Rei_ will be along before long to correct the poo poo out of me though

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 1, 2015

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

RuanGacho posted:

The fact that mord has all 60 crafts, like if that's your thing on cool, but no specializations is especially tweaking me.

Also not finishing story when there's so much to be gained from it even crafting yeah.

I was waiting on specializations because I haven't quite made my mind where I want to go with those.

As for leveling my astro/doing the story, I've only been doing MSQ with my wife and she doesn't play as much as me - thus my focus on DoH/DoL.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Holyshoot posted:

If you're trying for triple FC, it's SE combo, -> BB combo, one Heavy Swing to prep, Berserk + Internal Release, FC, Infuriate, FC, finish any combo while weaving in Raw Intuition and Vengeance, get one more stack of Abandon, FC. Cap with a Fracture while you've still got the boosted attack power, and you should crash right about then.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Ran A1 normal, Oppressor. One healer dies to aoe very early, other healer never rezzes her. Proceeds to fail at keeping dps alive. Then this happens:

Hard enrage because half the dps was dead and being raised over and over. gently caress pubbies forever jesus christ

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

If you're trying for triple FC, it's SE combo, -> BB combo, one Heavy Swing to prep, Berserk + Internal Release, FC, Infuriate, FC, finish any combo while weaving in Raw Intuition and Vengeance, get one more stack of Abandon, FC. Cap with a Fracture while you've still got the boosted attack power, and you should crash right about then.

It's a bit finicky but if you do IR -> Zerk instead of the other way around you will have about .5 seconds after the third fell cleave goes off to squeeze a buffed Fracture in before pacification is applied. This requires your ping to cooperate, obviously, but depending on the situation it's better then blowing both Intuition and Vengeance for a single zerk window.

Also at the start of this rotation use your potion right after the first BB, before the heavy swing. As far as I've seen there's no way to get a potion to cover all 3 cleaves.

Logicone
Nov 3, 2012

Fur proud service to ze Axis, I hereby avard myself und mein subordinates ze Better zan Herp Ribbon!

You get ze ribbon! Und YOU get ze ribbon! EVERYONE gets ze ribbon!

Except Herp. Arschloch.

Ouhei posted:

Playing around with ReShader and SweetFX is fun:

The DoF stuff straight up murders your frame rate and does a fairly crap job of guessing what should have blur, so I play with it off. It is a ~8 fps hit to run the color and sharpness corrections though.

Would it be possible to get a list of settings or whatever you're using to set that up? It looks pretty good!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Shitfukcdamn I knew I was gonna get SE and SP confused again

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
Does the game get more engaging? I'm really struggling here. Started playing because I really wanted to play the healer role in some group content, so I went with Conjurer. Currently level 23 and the three dungeons I've done so far seem really generic and boring. The combat system is kind of a bummer, too.

My plan was to hit 30 on Conjurer, then 15 on Arcanist so I can go WHM, but man I'm having doubts.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

central posted:

Does the game get more engaging? I'm really struggling here. Started playing because I really wanted to play the healer role in some group content, so I went with Conjurer. Currently level 23 and the three dungeons I've done so far seem really generic and boring. The combat system is kind of a bummer, too.

My plan was to hit 30 on Conjurer, then 15 on Arcanist so I can go WHM, but man I'm having doubts.

The game is boring as gently caress until level 30, then it starts to pick up and gets really good at 50. I'd stick with it at least to 30 or so. Maybe do the main scenario up through Titan (level 34), which is a really fun fight.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

As a white mage you will hit a brick wall of sorts if you try pubbing Titan.

gently caress pubbing Titan as a healer.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

central posted:

The game is designed for Japanese people who have never played an MMO. You're still in the babby's first dungeon section.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:aaaaa:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

:eyepop:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

central posted:

If you aren't, switch into cleric stance and DPS in dungeons when you'd otherwise be standing around waiting for people to take damage. That should make healing feel less boring.

But yeah tam tara/sastasha/copperbell are super boring dungeons. The game gets steadily harder and more engaging as you level up.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:vince:

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Doublestep posted:

If GLD and MRD had melee-based dps jobs they wouldnt have to worry about stat allocations :can:
Do paladins not dump all their points into STR?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

vanbags posted:

Do paladins not dump all their points into STR?

The joke was warriors and paladins put their points into str yes

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

As a white mage you will hit a brick wall of sorts if you try pubbing Titan.

gently caress pubbing Titan as a healer.

This is only true if you never go into cleric stance as a WHM. I've definitely 2 manned that fight as a healer because both dps flew off the edges.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Doublestep posted:

The joke was warriors and paladins put their points into str yes
That's what I thought, but I don't know the first thing about paladins so I had to confirm

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

How hard is it to get onto excalibur? Do they open registration often?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Why.

My own contribution:

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

How hard is it to get onto excalibur? Do they open registration often?

It is exactly as difficult as you are unwilling to wake up at rear end in the morning to sneak on in the fifteen minutes after maintenance ends.

It may not be the morning if you don't live in the US.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

took me a minute

but then I got it and I smiled

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

aegof posted:

It is exactly as difficult as you are unwilling to wake up at rear end in the morning to sneak on in the fifteen minutes after maintenance ends.

It may not be the morning if you don't live in the US.

Great news I live in the US and am a night owl. What time is maintenance?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

cheesetriangles posted:

Great news I live in the US and am a night owl. What time is maintenance?

There's none planned right now, you actually missed a whole bunch in the past few weeks. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Well gently caress.

• Locked thread