Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

Caryna posted:

How? One could always use the deer as an ingredient for chili. Think of the possibilities!

Actually very common in my area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Georgia represent

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Otacon posted:

welcome (back) to the machine

Thanks, I took a brief ride through space last night, and it p.much seemed the same: endless empty systems, or systems with 1 or 2 people in them. I appeared in Deklain (sp?) in DKUK (sp?) and left the station so I couldn't get back in. Some charming goon gave me some tips and refreshed my memory on some controls, and I flew into high sec and docked there.

I've been playing another horrible game, World Of Tanks, but at least with WoT you get a new battle every 5-10 minutes. Space still seems kind of boring.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

Caryna posted:

How? One could always use the deer as an ingredient for chili. Think of the possibilities!

Venison chili yesssssssss

Could someone please post an example of a ratting Chimera fit? ...God, that felt awkward to even type. The last time I was subbed, anybody who ratted in a carrier was laughed at for being an idiot. And probably MRCHI.

Unrelated question, how does the Jackdaw fare against the other T3Ds? Anything that stands out as something it does really well? Ship looks cool as hell, and between that and the thought of my carrier actually having a use for once...

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Full Metal Boxers posted:

Could someone please post an example of a ratting Chimera fit? ...God, that felt awkward to even type. The last time I was subbed, anybody who ratted in a carrier was laughed at for being an idiot. And probably MRCHI.

Unrelated question, how does the Jackdaw fare against the other T3Ds? Anything that stands out as something it does really well? Ship looks cool as hell, and between that and the thought of my carrier actually having a use for once...

code:
[Chimera, deadspace]
Dread Guristas Drone Damage Amplifier
Damage Control II

Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type Thermic Dissipation Field
Pith X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Pith X-Type EM Ward Field
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Drone Navigation Computer II

Drone Link Augmentor II
Siege Warfare Link - Shield Harmonizing I
Triage Module I
Cynosural Field Generator I
Capital Remote Shield Booster I

Capital Core Defense Field Extender I

Gecko x7
Vespa II x2
Hornet II x1
With everything running, this fit stays above jump cap and is by far the safest of the carriers for ratting. If you are feeling saucy, you can swap the rep for an A-Type, and you can probably drop the DLA for a remote cap transfer.

sandoz fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 31, 2015

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Full Metal Boxers posted:

This is a pretty popular one

You can get one for about 2.2 billion isk.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

darthzeta88 posted:

I don't think it works like that. You would probably just get a ticket for hunting without a license and out of season.

That would be the dumbest thing ever. In most countries, you could just go to the proper office and give the ticket back. Since the ticket is so obviously wrong you won't even need to fight it in court.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Syndic Thrass posted:

Georgia represent

hi bby :gooncamp:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Libluini posted:

That would be the dumbest thing ever. In most countries, you could just go to the proper office and give the ticket back. Since the ticket is so obviously wrong you won't even need to fight it in court.

Here you call in a wounded animal and the police calls the local hunter "union" and they have a list of available hunters nearby and one of them takes the tasks.

The person who hits the animal may "put it out of its misery" if they can do so safely and without inflicting unnecessary suffering.

Hitting an animal is not illegal in any way but not reporting it is illegal.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

Here you call in a wounded animal and the police calls the local hunter "union" and they have a list of available hunters nearby and one of them takes the tasks.

The person who hits the animal may "put it out of its misery" if they can do so safely and without inflicting unnecessary suffering.

Hitting an animal is not illegal in any way but not reporting it is illegal.

Yeah, it's like that here too, minus the unions. Hunters either work for the state or are organized in old, guild-like structures called "Vereine" (societies). If the police however would try to fine you for hunting without a license because you hit a deer, you could just shrug, take the fine and give it back at the appropriate government bureau. The clerks will take a look at the fine, have a good laugh and then shoo you out again.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
So apparently there's a Drifter vs Amarr Navy battle going on, and it's all NPC on NPC fighting. As much as I don't care about eve lore, that's pretty cool. Also shows that work on their new "whiteboard" AI has gone well, if it's being used to direct two NPC fleets to attack each other.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Klyith posted:

So apparently there's a Drifter vs Amarr Navy battle going on, and it's all NPC on NPC fighting. As much as I don't care about eve lore, that's pretty cool. Also shows that work on their new "whiteboard" AI has gone well, if it's being used to direct two NPC fleets to attack each other.

CCP has given up on trying to get players to fight, so instead scripts NPC's to do it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

Wow, sounds cool. Now I'm sad I still have work to do. Maybe after midnight I can go take look, if the fighting is still on. :smith:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Worldshatter posted:

CCP has given up on trying to get players to fight, so instead scripts NPC's to do it.

It's setting up some RP reasons to explain some future game changes. :shh:

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

The past week has been a never-ending stream of logon, try to get to Deklein, die enroute.
Bought a PLEX, figured I'd throw a solid build together (within my skills anyway), spent more than I want to admit, same thing.

Hard not to get frustrated even when you're in a basic shuttle trying to get around and you get 15 people on your rear end.

Just wanted to whine a bit until the next time I log in and die 20 minutes later without actually accomplishing anything.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Try an uncatchable interceptor or T3???????????

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

iostream.h posted:

The past week has been a never-ending stream of logon, try to get to Deklein, die enroute.
Bought a PLEX, figured I'd throw a solid build together (within my skills anyway), spent more than I want to admit, same thing.

Hard not to get frustrated even when you're in a basic shuttle trying to get around and you get 15 people on your rear end.

Just wanted to whine a bit until the next time I log in and die 20 minutes later without actually accomplishing anything.

When do you play? I'm heading back from high sec in about 4-5 hours. Be happy to fleet up with you and scout you in. Once you get past the ec- gate, it's a couple jump bridges to ya0, easy.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

iostream.h posted:

just burn your remote home station assignment for the year and use the suicide booth to appear in ya0

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

ullerrm posted:

It's setting up some RP reasons to explain some future game changes. :shh:

Active NPC invasion fleets?

Non-worst-in-industry PvE?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

iostream.h posted:

Join miniluv, stay in highsec live the dream: being other people's nightmare.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Join miniluv, stay in highsec live the dream: being other people's nightmare.

Unpurge me tia.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Klyith posted:

The chance of this being AI and not CCP actors is almost precisely zero.
They ran similar events leading up to Incursions being released and they were a badly-designed shitshow from day 1. The people getting excited about this are a mixture of naive newbies and battered housewives Eve players who still want badly to believe CCP can change.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Glory of Arioch posted:

just burn your remote home station assignment for the year and use the suicide booth to appear in ya0
Don't forget to install a highsec jumpclone now that standings don't matter, and switch out of your current clone if you have implants.

Voyager I posted:

Active NPC invasion fleets?

Non-worst-in-industry PvE?
Drifter incursions, based on what's in sisi. Though those may themselves be a step to explain future stuff.

My theory would be the transition to new structures. As the old NPC stations start getting blown up by drifters, so the empires make the Citadels as new Drifter-proof space stations. However, the new structure shields that can repulse drifter superweapons are based on Sleeper tech and therefore vulnerable to entosis.

And non-worst-in-industry PvE is, I fear, forever out of reach. Anything they can design is eventually "solved" and reduced to rote grinding by players. Every other game has the same problem but they're saved because the basic actions of playing the game are more fun moment-to-moment. All we can hope for is to improve from terrible to :mediocre:

Khablam posted:

The chance of this being AI and not CCP actors is almost precisely zero.
I don't know what to tell you, there were lots of ships which appear to be NPCs fighting. Even if CCP had a way for them to pilot a ship without the visible character inside, there are more of them than CCP has employees. They may well be manually controlling the whiteboard to move the ships around and make them fight, but that's still impressive.

But if Drifter incursions are on the horizon this might be close to what they'll look like, which would make perfect sense for this to be completely automated.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Klyith posted:

I don't know what to tell you, there were lots of ships which appear to be NPCs fighting. Even if CCP had a way for them to pilot a ship without the visible character inside, there are more of them than CCP has employees. They may well be manually controlling the whiteboard to move the ships around and make them fight, but that's still impressive.

But if Drifter incursions are on the horizon this might be close to what they'll look like, which would make perfect sense for this to be completely automated.

Yeah it's what they had with Sansha incursions; they'd spawn a mass of Sansha ships then move them about according to whatever was meant to be happening, then they'd engage and fight capsuleers but it was pretty obvious most of the control was actor-led.

Expecting the end-product PVE to be engaging is .... optimistic. It'll be the same AI just with different triggers and players will min/max it in the first week all the same.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

Yeah it's what they had with Sansha incursions; they'd spawn a mass of Sansha ships then move them about according to whatever was meant to be happening, then they'd engage and fight capsuleers but it was pretty obvious most of the control was actor-led.

Expecting the end-product PVE to be engaging is .... optimistic. It'll be the same AI just with different triggers and players will min/max it in the first week all the same.

Considering how Drifters can shoot down carriers and target pods, I'm convinced there's lots of potential to interfere with min/maxing players to hilarious effect.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Players wouldn't enjoy a genuinely intelligent AI enemy anyways, that whole line of thinking is going in the wrong direction.

The trick is coming up with a repetitive task which is stimulating and feels good by itself, and the problem is that nothing in EVE promotes that kind of intrinsic reward, at least not to the degree of any game worth mentioning. It's all about how much you can cost the other guy, or how much unpleasantness you can cleverly skip or accelerate through.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
They're going to make rats that entosis structures aren't they

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Chili with chopped up turkey meatballs added in is really good.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Garbage-tier meme food

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Dr. Pangloss posted:

When do you play? I'm heading back from high sec in about 4-5 hours. Be happy to fleet up with you and scout you in. Once you get past the ec- gate, it's a couple jump bridges to ya0, easy.

I shot you a PM.

I can't fly an interceptor or anything like that (I'm still fixing my skills from way back when).
It's really no big thing, I appreciate the suggestions, I just needed a moment to be a crybaby about the mean ol' video game that's not WoW.

I have a feeling I'll survive.
until 0:33s post-undocking

OpticalRape
Nov 26, 2010
Thank god months over now that autist Stunt Flores will stop loving around deklein

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Worldshatter posted:

I still think people should go back to posting random Xenonauts pictures

Is it a good game?

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

OpticalRape posted:

Thank god months over now that autist Stunt Flores will stop loving around deklein

Why do you think that's the case?

I mean:

Would you stop?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ugh Karmafleet. :cripes:

Spartan 5150
Dec 4, 2008

Skull Leader to Control.
Well, I reinstalled this bad boy and haven't played it in years. Time to relearn all the controls.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

free stunt flores

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Tsed posted:

I mean:

Would you stop?

Thinking about how much fun it would be to roam Dek is almost enough to make me resub and join BOS, but it would take a lot to make me resub.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Tsed posted:

I'm curious what sacrifices you're making to cram 3 BCS in there, though, as I didn't care for any of the trades I'd have to make to get more than one in.
I see you've pretty much figured it out, but I'll post what is more or less the max damage/tank fit sans faction stuff:

The T2 damage rig adds 6% more damage even with 3 BCS, which helps max out your per-reload RLML yield. A thermal rig is also fine, and probably a better idea for small-gang where you might have to tank more than one ship.

Klyith posted:

You can't remove the faction stuff if you want 3 BCS lows, the faction stuff has lower CPU than T2 and that's how it fits. That's why the generic rapier has a nano.
Well not with that attitude you can't. You can almost always remove the faction stuff, you usually just have to make a few tiny sacrifices - and fewer than before thanks to the new compact mods. The 3 BCS fit above costs about ~10m more than a T2 fit that works with Genolutions, and you only lose about 8-9% max tank/EHP. There's something to be said for fitting a nanofiber, of course, but for this purpose the extra BCS is better.

Even when some faction stuff is necessary for a fit, you can usually get away with one of the 10-20m isk extenders or tackle mods.

Tsed posted:

I mean:

Would you stop?
Haha.

Good luck catching this dude. You'll probably only get to kill him once, after which he'll watchlist you and never engage while you're in local.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Tsed posted:

I mean:

Would you stop?

Hi Stunt. Welcome famed eve celeb and thank you for dropping by our humble thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Voyager I posted:

Thinking about how much fun it would be to roam Dek is almost enough to make me resub and join BOS, but it would take a lot to make me resub.

BOS is no fun anymore, ask En'emu, who came rushing back to Hole Squad :v:.

• Locked thread