Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

clutchpuck posted:

I'm not even talking about Buells, but for some reason you bring it up as a negative example of enthusiasm. Who is obsessed?

I'm enthusiastic about your lifestyle choices. Duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Sweet Clyde, laugh derisively at him!
--Kunta Kinte

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

I'm not even talking about Buells, but for some reason you bring it up as a negative example of enthusiasm. Who is obsessed?

Take a deep breath man, what's wrong?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Slavvy posted:

what's wrong?

The low effort hurf burf that passes as humor here

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

clutchpuck posted:

Sorry man I've been busy and not as able to verbally weed out the scrubs and hone the decent newbies into riders. Y'all are going to have to step it up and become the new forum assholes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

clutchpuck posted:

You're in the right thread then. Let it all out, hun.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
You gotta work on your material if you keep insisting this is a joke forum. Recycled outrage isn't humor.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I don't know, I've gotten a few laughs out of here in the past few months. Such as when Chichevache repeatedly breaks his bike.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

clutchpuck posted:

You gotta work on your material if you keep insisting this is a joke forum. Recycled outrage isn't humor.

I don't usually post about Harleys. :shrug:

Koruthaiolos posted:

I don't know, I've gotten a few laughs out of here in the past few months. Such as when Chichevache repeatedly breaks his bike.

:hfive:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Someone in IRC posted the Harley "choppers choppers choppers" rant last night and I felt like the living embodiment of that dude today as my neighbor stopped to talk to me for 10 minutes about my bike as I'm sitting in 93 degree, 60% humidity weather with the sun shining directly on me while squatting over a glorified campfire. He was about 6 minutes into a rant about how he'd have a great motorcycle if his bitch of an ex-wife didn't divorce him and take the house before I rudely interrupted him and told him I was on my lunch break and needed to get moving. Totally expecting to find my bike kicked over in the garage for me being a dick, but gently caress sitting in all black armor in the sun today.

When I got back to work people asked me if it was raining outside because I had sweated so profusely that it honestly looked like I was rained upon.

Motorcycles are sausage magnets and I'm not gay, so gently caress motorcycles. :mad:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
If you want to attract [non bike having] women you need the opposite of a motorbike:

(but seriously, I hear the seats are insanely comfy)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Renaissance Robot posted:

If you want to attract [non bike having] women you need the opposite of a motorbike:

I don't know what this is, but I know my fiance would love it. Incredibly cute car.

I can already see myself being crippled when I get t-boned in it by a lifted SUV.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Koruthaiolos posted:

For the record, I'm in a restaurant and on my third spit take from the last 20-odd posts.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Marv Hushman posted:

For the record, I'm in a restaurant and on my third spit take from the last 20-odd posts.

She's not coming, Marv. Head to the bar.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Dear Greater Toronto Area riders (squids):

If you have ever wondered why your (and by extension, my) insurance rates are so high and you keep getting run over and killed and such, it is because you ride like a bunch of loving IDIOTS.

Oh and those microdot led flush mount signals you've got tucked up behind your rear tire next to your chain surrounded license plate-cum-fender? The ones that flicker like a strobe because you didn't bother with installing the appropriate resistor? Why even loving bother.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Chichevache posted:

She's not coming, Marv. Head to the bar.

Oh snap Thurman ice burn Vince McMahon etc

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ripoff posted:

Someone in IRC posted the Harley "choppers choppers choppers" rant last night and I felt like the living embodiment of that dude today as my neighbor stopped to talk to me for 10 minutes about my bike as I'm sitting in 93 degree, 60% humidity weather with the sun shining directly on me while squatting over a glorified campfire. He was about 6 minutes into a rant about how he'd have a great motorcycle if his bitch of an ex-wife didn't divorce him and take the house before I rudely interrupted him and told him I was on my lunch break and needed to get moving. Totally expecting to find my bike kicked over in the garage for me being a dick, but gently caress sitting in all black armor in the sun today.

When I got back to work people asked me if it was raining outside because I had sweated so profusely that it honestly looked like I was rained upon.

Motorcycles are sausage magnets and I'm not gay, so gently caress motorcycles. :mad:

You should get a Miata with a/c.

Oh wait never mind that's just as gay.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

leica posted:

You should get a Miata with a/c.

Oh wait never mind that's just as gay.

Gay dudes are going about it all wrong with Miata ownership. If I was gay, I'd own a CB750 with the cafe racer treatment, a scrambler bike of sorts, and some sort of Italian monstrosity so I'd be neck-deep in sausage all day every day. 365 days of different dude dongs, brought to you by bikes.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Linedance posted:

If you have ever wondered why your (and by extension, my) insurance rates are so high and you keep getting run over and killed and such, it is because you ride like a bunch of loving IDIOTS.

Oh and those microdot led flush mount signals you've got tucked up behind your rear tire next to your chain surrounded license plate-cum-fender? The ones that flicker like a strobe because you didn't bother with installing the appropriate resistor? Why even loving bother.

I was riding back from my friends' wedding in Niagara Falls a few years ago and a guy & a girl on their litrebikes were swerving in & out of traffic on the QEW, both in shorts & tank tops. Made me just shake my head and lol.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ripoff posted:

Gay dudes are going about it all wrong with Miata ownership. If I was gay, I'd own a CB750 with the cafe racer treatment, a scrambler bike of sorts, and some sort of Italian monstrosity so I'd be neck-deep in sausage all day every day. 365 days of different dude dongs, brought to you by bikes.

Wouldn't just one CHOPPA do the trick?

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013
Why the gently caress does Honda put cruciform screws on bar-ends instead of allen screws like any sane person?! A 5 minute bar-end removal has turned into having to take the bike to the shop because for some reason one of the two screws seized and stripped.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Barnsy posted:

Why the gently caress does Honda put cruciform screws on bar-ends instead of allen screws like any sane person?! A 5 minute bar-end removal has turned into having to take the bike to the shop because for some reason one of the two screws seized and stripped.

They're probably JIS screws, which are designed to self destruct when a Phillips screwdriver touches them.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Sigh.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Linedance posted:

This is odd, because in the land of no helmet laws, insurance rates are super-cheap, since companies don't have to pay out on DOA single-vehicle accidents.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

You and me both.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ripoff posted:

Seriously, if you're a strait chick or a gay dude, bikes will get you laid every minute of every day, but if you aren't, well, they still get you tons of dudes...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Maybe it isn't the bikes, maybe it's just that everyone on this forum looks gay?:can:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

clutchpuck posted:

There's exposure, and then there's obsession.

When I read those stories all I get out of them is "I am a complete social cripple and totally snubbed somebody trying to be friendly"

Are they really trying to be friendly when they come up to you and ask you when you're going to get a real bike?

Because that happened to me at work the other day as I was putting my luggage on to my literbike to head home. :rolleyes:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

HotCanadianChick posted:

Are they really trying to be friendly when they come up to you and ask you when you're going to get a real bike?

Because that happened to me at work the other day as I was putting my luggage on to my literbike to head home. :rolleyes:

Did he also suggest your leathers made you look fat? Sounds to me like he was awkwardly hitting on you.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Linedance posted:

Did he also suggest your leathers made you look fat? Sounds to me like he was awkwardly hitting on you.

Shameful motorcycle gay couldn't tell he was being negged.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

FZ1 is just a beard, really wants a harley and leather chaps but society won't let him.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

At least when you're on a bike dudes applaud you for being gay.

If you drive a Miata you get shamed :smith:

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Screw that one, you'll need this:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Kidney Stone posted:

Screw that one, you'll need this:

Unfortunately all a woody Minor will attract is elderly nuns and women who make their own jam. Of course if that's what you're into...

(wow that sentence reads a lot more filthily than I thought it would)

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Unfortunately all a woody Minor will attract is elderly nuns and women who make their own jam. Of course if that's what you're into...

It's a gift that a lot of brits have.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Those things are awesome.

(NB: The only person I've ever met who owned one was a gorgeous blonde hippie musician vegan type. Who almost certainly made her own jam.)

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Today I had a long rear end day at work with a few co workers pissing me off so I took a long way home to chill out. On this drive near the end I realized I was coming up on the crash site of a rider who died a few months back and I saw it when I went past. I decided to turn around and just go sit at it for a bit and think. I turned around and had to park a ways down the road cause of the particular place he crashed. I was walking the 150 yards or so up to the memorial when a car that passed me pulls over right next to it. I keep goin and it's a few ladies, a guy, and a child. The last one getting out has balloons. I get closer and I can see "Happy Birthday" on them as she's tying them up to the memorial. It was the guy's birthday today. Since I was that close I said Hello and just that I was another rider who had heard about what happened and happened to be passing by and stopped, but it was obvious they were having a private moment so I would leave, and that I was sorry for them.

Didn't really plan on posting a downer story today but I thought I would because it reminds me that those times you hear people justifying riding recklessly by saying "It's only me that gets hurt" are talking complete poo poo. Not even counting the videos I've seen of bikes flipping cars, you leave people behind.

In the words of reddit: Be safe out there, guys.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nsap you're getting old bro.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I think it is selfish of other people to limit my life because they care if I die or not. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

nsaP posted:

reddit
Ugh.