Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Questioner86 posted:

Pfft, the whole reason I post here is that the goons in the KF thread have always been pretty decent compared to the other internet comment toilets.

People can talk poo poo all they want because I know :tinfoil: when I hear it and you've gotta focus on being cool to the the other 95% of your community that is capable of being happy instead.

On that topic, I had a good laugh at the KF2 Reddit thread called something like "The game is complete, but Tripwire is purposely drip feeding it down to us".

I appreciate when devs comment in a game's thread, mostly because you get hilarious behind-the-curtains stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Section Z posted:

Has my wishing things would pick up the pace a bit after two months of nothing patch wise been worded in a harsh manner? :ohdear: (Not sarcasm I've been known to ramble incoherently my way off a ledge)

Questioner's been decent about things so far either way.

Nah, 99% of this thread is chill. I'm just getting flashbacks of the KF1 thread that had to be closed between seasonal events because of all the garbage.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I am posting in this thread because I like Killing Floor 2 and I think it was cool and worth my money. Thanks for listening.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That tier 3 firebug perks seems horrible, pubbies are gonna set off so many loving scrakes.

poo poo not even pubbies, anyone really if fire spreads like or poo poo explodes, they both sound like a disaster waiting to happen.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

That tier 3 firebug perks seems horrible, pubbies are gonna set off so many loving scrakes.

poo poo not even pubbies, anyone really if fire spreads like or poo poo explodes, they both sound like a disaster waiting to happen.

Because Scrakes and FPs totally don't self aggro now.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Man I don't care about everything else firebug gets and how potentially disastrous accidental scrake aggro-ing may be. JUST LET ME HAVE THAT MICROWAVE GUN. GIVE IT TO ME NOW

Ghost Recon Phantoms has a microwave gun and that's the only good thing about it, I will drop everything to use a microwave gun on something.

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 1, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Skoll posted:

Because Scrakes and FPs totally don't self aggro now.

Scrakes don't to my knowledge, they only go apeshit at certain HP thresholds.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Even after this update, I'll probably still not play until they implement the perks I'm waiting for, SWAT, gunslinger, and sharpshooter. I look forward to it.

Firebug thing sounds okay as long as it doesn't spray mobs that have scrakes and FPs in them. It will probably not be powerful enough to even kill clots. I will be surprised if it does.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Alteisen posted:

Scrakes don't to my knowledge, they only go apeshit at certain HP thresholds.

I've seen unraged Scrakes get basically ignored for literally over 15 minutes to collect manor dosh. Not a one time occurrence.

I am expecting "Devs why can't I ban firebug from HoE?" to be a popular new thread type though. Honestly even without the spread/explode perks, because anything that puts kiting a scrake indefinitely at risk will make people flip their poo poo.

Then they will complain you weren't clearing enough trash when they get clot grabbed because they don't want you using firebug weapons while a scrake is even in your field of view :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Blazing Ownager posted:

So what happened?

I was considering picking this up largely in part due to Tripwire's dedication and constant content infusions being impressive. Are they now slow, silent and full of microfees?

Slow, yes, but they know that (see Questioner's posts)
Silent, no they post news pretty often. I don't get much out of their weekly newsposts, you might.
Microfees, not YET. There's still time for it to go f2p :getin: (this is probably a joke)

In all seriousness if you haven't gotten it yet, I would not. What currently exists is the foundation of a good game, but there simply isn't enough meat on it yet to hold interest for very long IMO. Wait until at least the firebug + zerk rebalance comes in, then see about picking it up.

I mean how many people posting here still play this regularly? I get the sense it's "not many."

Section Z posted:

I am expecting "Devs why can't I ban firebug from HoE?" to be a popular new thread type though. Honestly even without the spread/explode perks, because anything that puts kiting a scrake indefinitely at risk will make people flip their poo poo.

This game needs an equivalent of the Payday 2 Pubstove, where the answer is "don't do it."

I can't wait to light a map on fire and have my teammates complain about the double pounds and a scrake I just aggroed. CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE BURNING NOISES GUYS

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 1, 2015

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So does the Microwave Gun just set things on fire or will it make Zeds it kills explode like an over cooked hot dog?

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

drrockso20 posted:

So does the Microwave Gun just set things on fire or will it make Zeds it kills explode like an over cooked hot dog?

:wink:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

so this is why you demoed that nvidia gore FX or whatever, eh?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I'm going to take that as a yes so woo, all the more reason to either get a dedicated desktop computer for gaming, or try and figure out how to upgrade the internals of an Acer Aspire 2742 to be good enough to run KF2 on halfway decent settings

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIrd4172Czw&t=110s
Skip to 1:50 if the timestamp doesn't work.

edit: Firebug DoT going into hyperburn during ZedTime is the first lv25 perk that actually sounds good to me, especially if setting a bunch of stuff on fire at once is still a good way to trigger ZT in the first place. I think a good direction to go with the ZedTime stuff is to keep enhancing things that are already happening, not boost specific things then try to make people perform certain acts in the 2 seconds of slowdown. Stuff like firing and moving normally is OK, but the fire damage thing sounds p.nice.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 1, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Questioner, has the team considered letting players opt in to a beta release like how Payday 2 let people try some new systems before release? Would probably cheer people up.

On that note, i'm happy with the game, but lately every server i've been on has been laggy and dropped us if we use the matchmaker.

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013

Alkydere posted:

Tripwire doesn't need to hide gameplay behind additional DLC to make the game a long-term investment.

Well they did release a few weapon packs in KF1 with weapons that were insanely better like the exploding harpoon gun that could kill the patriarch in like 3 shots...

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Mexicat posted:

Well they did release a few weapon packs in KF1 with weapons that were insanely better like the exploding harpoon gun that could kill the patriarch in like 3 shots...

That was YEARS into the games release and very near it's "end life".

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Mexicat posted:

The Harpoon Gun would make for a decent Tier 1 Gun for Demolitions if properly balanced, that or that Multi-Shot Rocket Launcher(that gun is a really effective way of blowing up trash in KF1 without using more precious ammo or using an off-perk gun)

Also one of Demolition's perks should allow for effective Explosive Jumping without killing yourself in the process

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Has anyone mentioned how you guys need to get in touch with the Viscera cleanup guys and make something magical happen, I feel like KF would be a great match for that game.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
If you want to spice things up while waiting for the patch, here's a fun little challenge: See how long a pub can last in Hard with two or more Zerks on the team, preferably with low-level Zerks. :v:

My record is Wave 10 in KF-VolterManor.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm having trouble parsing this for some reasno. This popped up in a thread talking about the Microwave gun.

quote:

[TW]Yoshiro [developer] 6 hours ago
The Microwave gun is likely to be the last weapon to be functional in game, but our initial plan for it is pretty awesome. If it pans out I will show it working as soon as it is in a WWAUT.

Um, what? Did they just for get "In this update" or am I missing something here.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Section Z posted:

I'm having trouble parsing this for some reasno. This popped up in a thread talking about the Microwave gun.

Um, what? Did they just for get "In this update" or am I missing something here.

He means that the weapon will take some effort to get working (or it is just last on the "to do" list) in game and likely will end up being the last one implemented out of all the new weapons. And when it is he wants to show it off.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Broose posted:

He means that the weapon will take some effort to get working (or it is just last on the "to do" list) in game and likely will end up being the last one implemented out of all the new weapons. And when it is he wants to show it off.

I figured that was the case, but I'm running on very little sleep so that lack of all of one or two words clarifying "for this update." wasn't helping my tired brain. Despite how insane to impossible it would be for that to be the "last weapon to be functional in the game" when firebug is supposed to be next.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

What are we, two weeks or less away at this point? If it goes on beyond August this game may be permanently dead...

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i cant believe killing floor 2 is loving dead...

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

What are we, two weeks or less away at this point? If it goes on beyond August this game may be permanently dead...

goonhyperbole.txt

I saw this as someone who hasn't touched KF2 since June. When there's a zed exploding microwave gun I will be back.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

:rip: Killing Floor 2

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I got an email from the president of tripwire saying that killing floor 2 will no longer be released. I'm sorry, guys.

His reasoning was that they hadn't updated in early access for a couple months so it was clearly dead forever and their resources would be better spent on games that weren't permanently dead.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
oh my god. go outside people. read a book.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

it's dead. the whole world is dead. everyone died because tripwire took too long to give me an rpg. rip in peace earth

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

it's dead. the whole world is dead. everyone died because tripwire took too long to give me an rpg. rip in peace earth

We made a real Patriarch in the time it took to get my stinkin' microwave gun in-game. rip Europe at least

Really though, I'm fine with not-buggy anything. But yeah, time does make impatient people multiply.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Dead game walking!

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
If this game thread turns into another Starbound game thread, I swear to god...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I got an email from the president of tripwire saying that killing floor 2 will no longer be released. I'm sorry, guys.

His reasoning was that they hadn't updated in early access for a couple months so it was clearly dead forever and their resources would be better spent on games that weren't permanently dead.

like red orchestra 2 am i right :laugh:

also all terrible hyperbole aside we all know that it is at least partially true that if you let your day-to-day playerbase dwindle due to lack of interest it's hard to build that back up again to self-sustaining levels. People stop paying for good servers, we all have backlogs the size of a small country. Gotta give people a reason to come back and stay back.

Is it possible, sure, yes. is it a guaranteed thing, no. Am I saying IT'S DEAD? nah. not yet :v:

there's a joke here about a game about zombies being "undead" but I'm too lazy to make it.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 4, 2015

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Still cranking along on the content update but just as a heads up (before anyone sees the "Update Queued" in Steam and has a heart attack) we're planning on releasing a hotfix today with improved SLI and Crossfire support.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=111224

Have fun and hopefully we'll have some news about the content patch for you soon. :backtowork:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Questioner86 posted:

Still cranking along on the content update but just as a heads up (before anyone sees the "Update Queued" in Steam and has a heart attack) we're planning on releasing a hotfix today with improved SLI and Crossfire support.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=111224

Have fun and hopefully we'll have some news about the content patch for you soon. :backtowork:

So, if I'm reading the most current Dev Days chart correctly....

http://media.tripwirecdn.com/080715/DevDays8_7.PNG

We're looking at maybe another week or so until this is live? Also apparently dual pistols are a thing now, nice.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Huge thing that you can't overlook is that those numbers are Development team days and don't include the QA team. Now, my QA team has been working in parallel this whole time with the development team but we still have to do our final QA pass on all the content going into the update. That means that any feature or system that is still not finished at this point needs to be tested and who knows what we'll find. I've mentioned earlier that first pass on some stuff just doesn't work, like a whole perk skill just won't work on-line or something equally awful. So we'll still need to QA the build before it goes out and that might be really a really smooth process to get it ready to go out or it might be a mess. I have a feeling you'll end up seeing a guest What We Are Up To post some time in the near future letting people know how the QA process is going.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I'm not all that impressed with the new skills for Demo. I can see making some fun gimmick builds with it, but most of them seem only moderatly useful long-term. The only must-have skills seem to be the explosive resistance and off-perk damage increase ones.

Ammo increasing when you level up sounds very, very useful, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Grenade supplier seems iffy only because we already have "Ammo+grenade" Support Supplier to compare it to. Medics will love you or hate you based on if you take that talent or not either way.

While the concept is funny, I don't like the idea of perks that trigger on Death because it seems counterproductive even to Bads like me.

As for dual pistols, glad to see the concept is coming, but I will not be impressed by Dual Pistols on anything that can't kill a clot with less than two headshots anyways, such as the mentioned dual 9mm :v:

Then again, I hate the Medic SMG despite how overall nice it is because "two bullets to kill a clot?" despite piles of ammo, low weight, accurate full auto with an EZ sight, medic darts, and it makes the best iced coffee. So that's a heavy dose of "MY OPINIONS :byodood:" on wondering why you'd ever go for dual 9mm over say, a Medic pistol... Unless you're Commando with the backup talent. ENGAGE GUNSLINGER PREVIEW :clint: