Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

So earlier this month I made a :toxx: bet that I could write at least 20k words in my spare time before the end of July. As of this post I've written 19k and hit a snag in where I want to go with what I've got. I could just write junk to hit the milestone, sure, but that's no fun.

First person to quote this post gets to name the prompt that determines what my last thousand words are gonna be about. Most of this stuff is never gonna see the light of day in any recognizable form anyway, so feel free to dial up the anime or whatever.

A man goes to the funeral of his grandfather that he has never met, and finds that his grandfather is a bear. That is my prompt for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

So earlier this month I made a :toxx: bet that I could write at least 20k words in my spare time before the end of July. As of this post I've written 19k and hit a snag in where I want to go with what I've got. I could just write junk to hit the milestone, sure, but that's no fun.

First person to quote this post gets to name the prompt that determines what my last thousand words are gonna be about. Most of this stuff is never gonna see the light of day in any recognizable form anyway, so feel free to dial up the anime or whatever.

Write about cute butts

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

A man goes to the funeral of his grandfather that he has never met, and finds that his grandfather is a bear. That is my prompt for you.

But also

everythingWasBees posted:

Write about cute butts

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I was the first to quote, you must follow my every whim!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Please write me my epic fantasy novel trilogy idea, as outlined here:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

have you written about your anime wife yet?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Are women in non illustrated novels 2d?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Bees, asking the hard questions.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

:aaaaa:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

depends if your imagination is in 2d or 3d

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Just double checking, there's no reason to watch the first two Madoka movies if you've seen the show recently right? they don't have like, a way cooler version of scene x or fight Y or anything, rightr?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

I am going to wait for Insight to finish, before watching it.

I think it's a really fun show to follow along with, and it's in the spirit of the show, what with the its portrayal of social/traditional media, where folks only care about about what's just happened.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think it's a really fun show to follow along with, and it's in the spirit of the show, what with the its portrayal of social/traditional media, where folks only care about about what's just happened.

I'm just really bad at following along with shows.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Just double checking, there's no reason to watch the first two Madoka movies if you've seen the show recently right? they don't have like, a way cooler version of scene x or fight Y or anything, rightr?

i like the way they're edited and there is new animation yah

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

They reanimated some stuff, and a lot more work was put into the backgrounds (way more Utena-ish). I'm glad I watched them, but then, I saw them on the big screen, so that undoubtedly colors my impression of them.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Write about cute butts

Normie Slayer posted:

Meld all of these ideas together.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
OK I won't skip them then.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

littleorv posted:

Meld all of these ideas together.

Guy discovers his grandfather was a bear in the gay sense, all the mourners have cute gay butts, seafood makes one of them his wife

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Worst con ever, sure it is 90% females but holy poo poo if I wanted to see yuri bait I'd stay home drink a bottle of booze and rewatch K-On/sora-no-woto and cry myself to sleep like a normal person.

I had more cops look at me and random people in downtown orlando ask for a pic/drink with them than this poo poo.

gently caress

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lmao

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Worst con ever, sure it is 90% females but holy poo poo if I wanted to see yuri bait I'd stay home drink a bottle of booze and rewatch K-On/sora-no-woto and cry myself to sleep like a normal person.

I had more cops look at me and random people in downtown orlando ask for a pic/drink with them than poo poo poo poo.

gently caress

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I had more cops look at me and random people in downtown orlando ask for a pic/drink with them than this poo poo.

gently caress

You lead an exciting anime life

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

GorfZaplen posted:

GorfZaplen posted:

But also

Write about cute butts

GorfZaplen posted:

I was the first to quote, you must follow my every whim!
Very well.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Normie Slayer posted:

I don't do fanfiction.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Mine are.

I'm bad about writing complex characters.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

boom boom boom posted:

You lead an exciting anime life

I began walking at 10:30 through down town Orlando as Kamina, I was cool till I got asked my every bar and cop "Hey man what are you doing" the cops all let me go fine and bartenders gave me free drinks(long as I let them wear my glasses and partied with the bar crew).

My feet hurt

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bad Seafood posted:

Mine are.

Complicated characters are easy. Every time a character does something, say that they wish they could do the opposite of what they're doing. Boom, done.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Mine are.

This must be that modesty thing I've heard so much about... I'm sure your characters are fine.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I hope that Dilbert someday crashes into the girl of his dreams, who has a slice of toast hanging out of her mouth

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It was a joke. :effort:

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
she'd slap me if she saw that

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It's good that she doesn't share you taste in waifu, otherwise she is a threat. That's just my two cents

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Slice of life girls suck, this current chick is cool though. But she don't like C.C. so IDK

Dating is fun with me, we basically see who can be more awkward

Please don't insinuate that Yui sucks or I will slay you

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Slice of life girls suck, this current chick is cool though. But she don't like C.C. so IDK

Dating is fun with me, we basically see who can be more awkward

dilbert as gently caress

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

dilbert as gently caress

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

littleorv posted:

Please don't insinuate that Yui sucks or I will slay you