Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is the Borderlands Handsome Collection much different than the PC version on the technical side?

Apparently it has some performance issues

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-borderlands-the-handsome-collection-face-off

And obviously the PC version will run smoother and look better if you have a beefy enough computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

Apparently it has some performance issues

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-borderlands-the-handsome-collection-face-off

And obviously the PC version will run smoother and look better if you have a beefy enough computer
Yeah, it runs perfectly on my PC, but I was wondering if the PS4 version had different shaders or post-effects or something.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

ColdPie posted:

If I played a game of Rocket League with someone and they don't show up in the PS4's "recent players" list, that probably means that they were playing on Windows, correct?

Probably, although I'm finding the recent players list to be not 100% reliable in any case.

You can always tell PC players from the fact that they have no avatar next to their name on the scoreboard. Only PS4 players have those little avatar pictures.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why are people still thinking that the last guardian and FF7 remake are just going to wind up being vaporware?

The Last Guardian will come out, but be underwhelming, because the moment for pretty puzzle platformers has passed.

FF7R will probably come out, but is still questionable. It's being run by Tetsuya Nomura, the man who was helming Versus XIII until recently.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Peel posted:

FF7R will probably come out, but is still questionable. It's being run by Tetsuya Nomura, the man who was helming Versus XIII until recently.

I don't really see how these things are related. The issues that Versus XIII suffered that put it into development hell seemed to at least partly be problems with nailing down the concept and story. Like supposedly Nomura had to be talked down from turning it into a musical after he saw Les Mis. Stuff that clearly wouldn't happen with a remake since everything about the concept/story/characters/world has already existed for like 18 years. Seems like just the right project for Nomura, really.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

BreakAtmo posted:

I don't really see how these things are related. The issues that Versus XIII suffered that put it into development hell seemed to at least partly be problems with nailing down the concept and story. Like supposedly Nomura had to be talked down from turning it into a musical after he saw Les Mis. Stuff that clearly wouldn't happen with a remake since everything about the concept/story/characters/world has already existed for like 18 years. Seems like just the right project for Nomura, really.

Yes, let's continue trusting this character designer who couldn't direct himself out of a paper bag.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BreakAtmo posted:

He's behind the godawful extended universe stuff for Final Fantasy VII, and up until now he's had to bend over backwards to write around vastly different personalities between the original games and his crap. And now he's not going to have to anymore :cripes:.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

BreakAtmo posted:

That would have been amazing

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Reverse Centaur posted:

Are these two supposed to be related? Their facial features are pretty similar.

No, but Big Boss was like a father to Chico when he was younger

Man alive I want that old rumor to be true

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

axleblaze posted:

Hatoful Boyfriend is pretty amazing. That is all.

Make sure you play it enough times to get several endings, something magical happens after that.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Ethan Carter any good? Any sales anywhere?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Healbot posted:

Yes, let's continue trusting this character designer who couldn't direct himself out of a paper bag.

He directed a fairly successful series of games you know? I mean FFXIII-V was a mess but apparently KHIII is actually progressing fairly quickly now.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He's behind the godawful extended universe stuff for Final Fantasy VII, and up until now he's had to bend over backwards to write around vastly different personalities between the original games and his crap. And now he's not going to have to anymore :cripes:.

No he isn't. :psyduck: He was literally just the character designer for those games. He did direct Advent Children (the film)but Dirge of Cerberus was directed by Takayoshi Nakazato (a no-name) and written by Hiroki Chiba. Crisis Core was directed by Hajime Tabata (the guy now doing FFXV)and Kazushige Nojima (one of the original scenario writers for FFVII who is also filling that role for FFVII-R and who was the guy who wrote Advent Children. If you're looking to 'blame' someone he's probably the guy you want.)

Do people just say things about Nomura because he is the only name they recognize?

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 1, 2015

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

No he isn't. :psyduck: He was literally just the character designer for those games.

He was the director for Advent Children, which was sort of the prototype for all the bullshit that followed, but it doesn't look like he had much of a hand in Dirge of Cerberus (except for character design, eugh) or Crisis Core.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oxxidation posted:

He was the director for Advent Children, which was sort of the prototype for all the bullshit that followed, but it doesn't look like he had much of a hand in Dirge of Cerberus (except for character design, eugh) or Crisis Core.

He was a Creative Producer on Crisis Core as well as Character Designer.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

BreakAtmo posted:

I thought the problem was mostly SE needing as many programmers and artists they could spare to get FFXIII out the door in 2009, and again for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn in 2013. Nomura didn't have a full team or an engine ready to actually go into full production, so he just directed more handheld Kingdom Hearts games with the Osaka team. XIII's sequels were made by Tri-Ace, and reused the engine and a lot of the assets from the first game.

I don't know if Nomura being kicked off XV was because he was doing a terrible job as director, or if SE wanted to have XV and KHIII in development at the same time, didn't want Nomura split between their two biggest projects, and were happy with how Tabata handled Type-0.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He was a Creative Producer on Crisis Core as well as Character Designer.

That is a huge loving stretch to go "he's behind it" and you know it. He is listed as Creative Producer on almost everything involving FFVII character designs. Because he's the character designer and his "creative producing" is largely about the character designwork.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 1, 2015

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

goferchan posted:

They just posted on the blog that if you buy the game during its first two weeks of release you get the theme! And 20% off if you're a PSN member. So the same deal as the pre-order gets you in the US, basically

Yeah, noticed this as well. That's good to hear, will be getting the game for sure.

Does Galak-Z have any preorder bonuses in the US? Getting it as well in any case, but I kinda wish European Sony was more interested in promoting digital titles in advance.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Ethan Carter any good? Any sales anywhere?

It's good but it super slow paced and I haven't finished it but it seems to be about 4 hours long. Probably the best looking game on PS4 though. Whether or not that is worth 20 bux is up to you. I wish I had waited for a sale personally.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Follow That Fish! posted:

Yeah, noticed this as well. That's good to hear, will be getting the game for sure.

Does Galak-Z have any preorder bonuses in the US? Getting it as well in any case, but I kinda wish European Sony was more interested in promoting digital titles in advance.

It's like five dollars cheaper if you pre-order. I think that's it.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I doubt it, Galak-Z is an indie game backstopped by Sony.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There's a free demo, if you enjoy the shooting mans in the demo you may want to to consider buying the f-

fffFFF

I'm with you on the "fffFFF"!

Destiny is good and fun... When you have people to play with. And you had that going in. But instead you turned your co-workers down who will come back into work feeling closer and talking about their adventures. And you will be sitting at your desk hearing this; wishing you played.

The shooting is fantastic. The story leaves a bit to be desired. But there is plenty of things to do right now. And with the expansion coming up in a month even more doors will open up. Raids are some of the best content and require some good team coordination (bringing your co-workers together).

If you have a itch for collecting items Destiny is right up there with some of the best carrot on a stick simulators. Tons of guns and armor to collect.

Pvp itself is decently fun and getting rebalanced soon enough. As I first mentioned, the shooting mechanics are top loving notch and when shooting other idiots it's even better.

This is a lot of words for a video game.

Anyways, if you have friends who want to play: get it.

If you don't but aren't afraid of actually talking to strangers and adding people on the forums for groups to go on adventures with: get it.

If you're a shutin loser who plays destiny for the single player aspects. Stay away.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Anyone pressuring you into playing Destiny isn't your friend.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Destiny would be OK if all the content post-release could be purchased for $20 total. A cent more it's not worth it at all.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

big mean giraffe posted:

Destiny would be OK if all the content post-release could be purchased for $20 total. A cent more it's not worth it at all.

You can buy the next expansion and all the current stuff for 60 bucks which is basically that (if you value the next expansion at 40 dollars...)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

big mean giraffe posted:

Actually it kind of is. If you buy the taken king (a 40 dollar expansion) on psn bundled with destiny and year 1 dlc, it's only 60 dollars total.

Edit gently caress fish!

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

FishBulb posted:

You can buy the next expansion and all the current stuff for 60 bucks which is basically that (if you value the next expansion at 40 dollars...)

I mean including that next "expansion." Their version of expansion is a tiny DLC worth of content full of reused assets.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I think the next one is supposed to be a little more substantial but I mean of course they're going to say that.

Either way all of their expansions have been more substantial than some CoD map pack to me so :shrug: to each his own

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
People seem so mad about Destiny and all that like it that it can't help but make me want to at least try it :kiddo:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's just Halo with some MMO poo poo on top. If you liked haloing halos back in the day it's better at it than Halo is now a days. It's not for everyone, but I've had plenty of fun with it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Destiny is just frustrating because if it didn't have such massive structural flaws it'd essentially be the next evolution of Diablo. The whole thing is just massive unfulfilled potential; I enjoyed my time with it, but I have no desire to go back and buy into more of its poo poo at this point.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Yeah, there's the bones of an EXCELLENT game in there. But then all it is is bones. The shooting and everything is satisfying and feels excellent, but then you're running the same missions on the same maps over and over again in the vain hope that you might unlock an item that has an arbitrary stat you need in order to continue leveling up and it just immediately sucks all the fun out of it, and that's all the post-game content there is. Sure, you could try the competitive multiplayer, but then you're just playing against people who have gone out of their way to poopsock all those items already.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

homeless snail posted:

Anyone pressuring you into playing Destiny isn't your friend.

You have a weird view of people being pressured into something.

*coworkers ask you to join their little group*

"OMG GUYS YOURE PRESSURING ME!!!!"

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Vintersorg posted:

You have a weird view of people being pressured into something.

*coworkers ask you to join their little group*

"OMG GUYS YOURE PRESSURING ME!!!!"

Goons.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

*coworker offers you a crack pipe*

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

20% off and a theme, same as Everybody's Gone To The Rapture. And if you preorder at least two of: Galak-Z, Journey, N++, Everybody's Gone you get a 10% off coupon code towards any future purchase

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

It's got a pretty mediocre static theme, that's all.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Does FF14 have any cross platform voice chat native on the system? I know when playing with other PS4 people you can make a party. I guess the other solution is to just plug my headset into the PC while playing and use whichever app people are using.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I just want the FF7 remaster to be successful because I hope they they remake FF8 and FF9. Also I really hope they won't get voice actors.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Is WWE 2K15 as bad as the reviews say? It's in the summer sale you see...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Morby posted:

Also I really hope they won't get voice actors.
Yeah, you might want to resign yourself to that now rather than set yourself up for disappointment. Best case scenario is they don't get Mena Suvari to voice Aerith again.

• Locked thread