Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Cell Lab is a fun little freebie sandbox/puzzle game where you design your own microscopic organisms and set them loose under a microscope to see how well they can accomplish objectives/survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
This thread is the reason I got into FFRK and I really enjoying this game.
Just shot Dragon Blaze back up and managed to actually have a decent team this time around but can not for the life of me pull or make a SS Warrior or Priest. Sitting on SSS Mage Whay, SS Dark Knife Tirahl, SS Archer Aena, SS Mage Queen Robellia and various S's and A's
I'm running out of non C's that I can level to get more Gems from rapport so not sure how to get more people :/
Anywho is there is a Guild guild would love an invite Tinylime

Also gonna try the google surveys to win some free spacebucks. Thanks for that info

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Meatwave posted:

Hey guys, Amazon out of the blue sent me $15 to use in their app store because I was logged in "from an android device" while browsing Amazon, probably also looking at their android apps. It might be worth a shot to try this and see if you can get $15.

You have to install an APK yourself, manually downloaded from Amazon. This is different than the regular, shopping Amazon App. And the money expires in like a month, so might as well blow it all before you forget.

So browse and download from a regular web browser then?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Tiny Chalupa posted:

This thread is the reason I got into FFRK and I really enjoying this game.
Just shot Dragon Blaze back up and managed to actually have a decent team this time around but can not for the life of me pull or make a SS Warrior or Priest. Sitting on SSS Mage Whay, SS Dark Knife Tirahl, SS Archer Aena, SS Mage Queen Robellia and various S's and A's
I'm running out of non C's that I can level to get more Gems from rapport so not sure how to get more people :/
Anywho is there is a Guild guild would love an invite Tinylime

Also gonna try the google surveys to win some free spacebucks. Thanks for that info

I think there's a full FFRK thread, if you're looking for more info.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Is there still space in goon guild for gems of war?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I can't seem to get past the Macrophages II level in Cell Lab. The advice I found online suggests using flagellocytes, but those aren't available, I assume because of changes in the game between then and now. Any advice?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

I can't seem to get past the Macrophages II level in Cell Lab. The advice I found online suggests using flagellocytes, but those aren't available, I assume because of changes in the game between then and now. Any advice?

Angle the children so that the cells spread evenly, split at a smaller size (I used 1.91 ng).

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Angle the children so that the cells spread evenly, split at a smaller size (I used 1.91 ng).

Thanks! I didn't think of fiddling with the child angles. Setting one to 90 degrees and the other to 270 degrees did the trick.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Cell Lab is a fun little freebie sandbox/puzzle game where you design your own microscopic organisms and set them loose under a microscope to see how well they can accomplish objectives/survive.
This game rules but I'm entirely lost on wtf I'm supposed to do, I can't get past the second algae stage.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I didn't see the post about the cell lab game so every post after that was talking about the game looked like people were typing while having a stroke.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Right now, Crossy Road seems to have a bug where watching ads rewards you with a lot more money than it says. It seems to accumulate in the session. Like it'll say "20 c earned" but give you 40. Then the next time it'll be 80, then 220, then 500, 600, and 700. It sometimes will reset back to 20 and seems to max out at around 800. And it gives you an ad to watch every few minutes, rather than a few times a day.

Someone hosed up.

Basically, I have all the characters now and a bunch of money.

Meatwave fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 1, 2015

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

SynthesisAlpha posted:

One of the best towers (in Mazebert) to use as your primary is Holgar the Horrible. He has a 2% chance on kill to get a "Bottle of Mead", which is a potion that gives damage, crit chance, crit damage, and a 1% chance to miss (and only works on vikings, of which he is the only one, unless someone else puts on a Viking Helmet). However, since it's a potion, you can just destroy 2 of them and get a random blue quality normal potion. He farms potions for you. This even works during the bonus round when you wouldn't normally gain any items. He also has some of the best single-target damage because he throws 2 axes that can both hit the same target. My last run was around 1400 seconds of bonus round time because he was critting 2 times every .2s for 2 million damage.

Tried this, and it got me through Normal for the first time. I limped through with about 25% health, all taken in the Floor 60 - 120 range or so while I was waiting for the purple equipment and potions to drop, largely because both speed equipment and anything that granted luck just didn't want to show up. Once I got the ball rolling, though, he melted everything 'til about 800 seconds into Bonus.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Is Gems of War just hellbent on the PvP angle or is there room for the PvE types like myself?

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Meatwave posted:

Right now, Crossy Road seems to have a bug where watching ads rewards you with a lot more money than it says. It seems to accumulate in the session. Like it'll say "20 c earned" but give you 40. Then the next time it'll be 80, then 220, then 500, 600, and 700. It sometimes will reset back to 20 and seems to max out at around 800. And it gives you an ad to watch every few minutes, rather than a few times a day.

Someone hosed up.

Basically, I have all the characters now and a bunch of money.

I can confirm this is working somewhat as stated. It seems that each ad view is cumulative, not quite the huge jumps he says, but 20, 40, 60, 80, etc.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Malek posted:

Is Gems of War just hellbent on the PvP angle or is there room for the PvE types like myself?

There are quests in each zone but they don't reward much gold. If you finish off the quests for each zone then you are awarded an epic(?) card.

Honestly it's not very pvp. You are matched up against the Ai but it uses a set of cards from another player. You never actually play against another player. There is no timer or anything either.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Malek posted:

It's all PvE, since you're playing against the computer. It's just that the "PvP" computer dudes are teams made by players instead of the devs. That's why it's so easy to beat a team that's "better" than yours, because the computer doesn't know about making combos.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Gems of War CPU AI goes something like this:

1) Can I make a 4-match or 5-match to get another turn? If so, I'll do that every time until there are no more.

2) Can I match skulls? I will do that.

3) Do I have a monster skill ready? I will probably use that, though sometimes it'll wait slightly if conditions are very unfavorable for it. If multiple skills are ready it doesn't always use much logic as to which comes first. If I use a skill and refill it the same turn, I might reuse it or I might not. More likely to use board-change skills that way than something like Goblin's sneak attack.

4) Can I make at least a token effort to deny the other player the color I think he needs? I'll do that.

5) Herpa derpa doo I'll match whatever.

As for PvP, as has been noted you can set a specific team to defend your kingdom but the AI plays for you, so that's not very effective. Straight-up PvE activities include the quests to get the Epics from everywhere, Challenges to gain small handfuls of Souls and eventually raise your kingdom level in that area by one (yawn), or Arena for sealed-deck contests.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Gem boys has room for at least one more. If someone hasn't played in 2 weeks I'll give them the boot to make room for new goons. But unless there is demand for space there isn't a compelling reason to boot them, since their trophies still add to our score.

We are doing great on tasks, so feel free to ditch your public guild and help us out. Come get gems and keys.

I actually lost at Arena today. The game bugged out. This is the second time I have seen this bug: at the start of a match the turn marker starts above the AI, but they never take a turn and I can't either.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 2, 2015

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

gromdul posted:

I actually lost at Arena today. The game bugged out. This is the second time I have seen this bug: at the start of a match the turn marker starts above the AI, but they never take a turn and I can't either.

I guess you could say that the AI has learned that the only winning move...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
...is not to play.

Cptain Amazing
Feb 4, 2008
Thats Gold

gromdul posted:

Gem boys has room for at least one more. If someone hasn't played in 2 weeks I'll give them the boot to make room for new goons. But unless there is demand for space there isn't a compelling reason to boot them, since their trophies still add to our score.

We are doing great on tasks, so feel free to ditch your public guild and help us out. Come get gems and keys.

CAPT AMAZING would like an invite please

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007

gromdul posted:

JANNADANIELS would appreciate an invite.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

delfin posted:

Gems of War CPU AI goes something like this:

1) Can I make a 4-match or 5-match to get another turn? If so, I'll do that every time until there are no more.

2) Can I match skulls? I will do that.

3) Do I have a monster skill ready? I will probably use that, though sometimes it'll wait slightly if conditions are very unfavorable for it. If multiple skills are ready it doesn't always use much logic as to which comes first. If I use a skill and refill it the same turn, I might reuse it or I might not. More likely to use board-change skills that way than something like Goblin's sneak attack.

4) Can I make at least a token effort to deny the other player the color I think he needs? I'll do that.

5) Herpa derpa doo I'll match whatever.

This sounds just like the AI for the first puzzle quest game.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

ModeSix posted:

I can confirm this is working somewhat as stated. It seems that each ad view is cumulative, not quite the huge jumps he says, but 20, 40, 60, 80, etc.

Yeah, sorry, I admit I wasn't really paying attention. I think my rewards jump up and down, yet seem to somewhat follow that +20 pattern at first and in stretches. Hell if I know what's going on. All I know is that it didn't remotely take 35 ad views to get up to 700.

Excalibur_Z
Oct 2, 2004

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

This sounds just like the AI for the first puzzle quest game.

I can't confirm how the AI worked for PQ1 or Gems of War, but for Puzzle Quest 2, the script was very simple: exhaust any match-4s and match-5s (since those are "free" and don't cause your turn to end), then an even probability for all other options: melee attack, cast a spell, or match gems (preferring Skulls). The spells selected for casting all had equal weight, so if an opponent had enough mana to cast 4 spells, each had a 25% chance to be selected (or a 0.33*0.25 chance out of all possible actions that turn). I don't actually remember if it favored matching gems to benefit the monster or screw over the player, but I'd lean toward not since I remember being surprised at how simple it actually was, yet how slick it appeared in battle.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The ai definitely takes to take your colors when they don't have better options. You usually see it when the ai is down to a single unit. They seem to prioritize your top colors.

And skills do seem to have requirements before the ai uses them. I poisoned the +4 armor and cleanse priestess. She spent three turns on 4 health and didn't cast her ability. But once she hit 3 health she casted it.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Elemental Wings is a gacha shmup game, which is something I've wanted to see so badly I was tempted to have a crack at making it.

Unfortunately, you can't join leagues if your phone is rooted, so I guess that's me gone as a customer.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I'm going to try Square Enix heavenstrike rivals in a minute. Anyone want to give me an invite code or something get em something cool? I'm not sure how it works, seems like an okay time waster for a bit though. Search suggests 4-5 of you play it and its tactical PvP, it might scratch my disgaia itch a bit.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.HEAVENSTRIKERIVALS_WW&hl=en

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Meatwave posted:

Yeah, sorry, I admit I wasn't really paying attention. I think my rewards jump up and down, yet seem to somewhat follow that +20 pattern at first and in stretches. Hell if I know what's going on. All I know is that it didn't remotely take 35 ad views to get up to 700.

Either way it's a nice little bug. :v:

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

galahan posted:

I'm going to try Square Enix heavenstrike rivals in a minute. Anyone want to give me an invite code or something get em something cool? I'm not sure how it works, seems like an okay time waster for a bit though. Search suggests 4-5 of you play it and its tactical PvP, it might scratch my disgaia itch a bit.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.HEAVENSTRIKERIVALS_WW&hl=en

It has really great gameplay and arena battles are fought out live. Arena is a pretty big part of the game, so people who got lucky with their legendaries have a pretty distinct advantage since they have higher stats for less cost. They're always adding cool capture-able units to the game though that are pretty unique, but good luck getting enough quality units with synergy together. The unit pool is pretty massive and a lot of the better abilities only effect a specific class or race.

BoBtheImpaler
Oct 11, 2002
Dinosaur Gum

gromdul posted:

I'd like an invite as HONESTBOB next time you can find a spot.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I found some good poop-break games that I thought I'd share with the thread:

Ball King - has a Crossy Road aesthetic, try to shoot as many baskets as you can in a row. Addictive and just tricky enough to be fun without being frustrating

Flappy Golf - this has been recommended before but I've only recently gotten a new phone that can run it. Fun and each level only takes a minute or so

Ninjump Deluxe - Another simple time-filler game where you try to climb a tower without getting knocked off. Hit the same type of enemy three times in a row for a power-up

Sorry if these are old news, please accept an alphabear for your time:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Anybody know if there's a way to send a friend request to a specific person in Elemental Wings? All I can find is the 'poke some random stranger' option.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I can't get past the animal chapter boss in Alphabear. I've tried something like ten times and I've once managed to get within 1000 points of the golden egg limit. So many goddamn Ys and you need to clear all of them or your bear won't be big enough.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Interesting looking cartoony spaceship trade and crew management game Cosmonautica is out on the Play Store after a few months in beta early access.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

Interesting looking cartoony spaceship trade and crew management game Cosmonautica is out on the Play Store after a few months in beta early access.

Well now I'm glad I didn't bother getting it on Steam..

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Bumping this suggestion again because this game is extremely fun and free. It's so much satisfying trying to design various lifeforms and toying with them that it makes me lose track of time.

I was always really surprised at how you can design complex life cycles with very simple commands, like that stage with the sporulating cells https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ06hXQZ0wQ

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Well now I'm glad I didn't bother getting it on Steam..

You can but it through their website and get it for all devices.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm getting weird color corruption on Gems of War on my Galaxy S6, anyone else seen this? It's only on certain interface elements, mainly load screens, and it looks kind of like the color depth is set wrong.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's ten bucks but Desktop Dungeons is finally out on Android, and it syncs up with the pc version's saves if you log into the account. It's an amazing roguelike that you should definitely pick up if you've never played it before, though the tablet controls are a little clunky when it comes to using glyphs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

New Humble Mobile Bundle is Games Workshop stuff... at least a couple of which is already f2p to begin with? (Space Wolf is f2p and Warhammer: the App is a free advertising app).

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile