Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Aren't dynamic shadows important? There are a few places where you can see people trying to sneak in because you are unable see your own shadow but enemies can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
man all this technobabble regarding monitors is confusing me, just tell me the best thing i can buy for under 300 buckeroons to do the games real fast

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Haha oh my god, saturday cs, why do I even bother

Duo queued three games and all of them had russian children literally screaming off the top of their lungs, but the worst somehow still managed to be the german tryhard with opinions on everything, 2000+ hours played and just a LE to show for it

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
So a friend made a new account, leveled it to rank three, and then invited me to do some competitive games. The first game we both ran around with just pistols and tazers and won the match just picking up guns off the ground. Second game, the other team has zero wins to our 7. I jump off the catwalk to lower tunnel on dust II, hear someone shooting at me, and as I'm sailing through the air, landed a flick (right term?) headshot with a usp on the other teams #1 as he jumps off the barrels at the top of the ramp. His entire team disconnects shortly after. Having my rear end handed to me on Sub.IO constantly by other goons has shown me that there is a massive difference in skill levels with players just starting competitive play vs those that do it constantly. Had a ton of fun, but having two games being the max you can play every day sucks.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

nftyw posted:

Aren't dynamic shadows important? There are a few places where you can see people trying to sneak in because you are unable see your own shadow but enemies can.

Yeah.

no_funeral posted:

wow richard lewis is druuuunk

He bad. It's such a shame cause Rahim and DDK (to my astonishment) worked just great.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

nftyw posted:

yes, you need it set at >= medium or you lose shadows at certain distances. Like if you're watching mid doors from b doors the enemy will not throw a shadow with low settings.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

dex_sda posted:

He bad. It's such a shame cause Rahim and DDK (to my astonishment) worked just great.

Yeah the early casts I've been watching on and off are pretty good. But later on it's just a drunken clusterfuck.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

fromoutofnowhere posted:

So a friend made a new account, leveled it to rank three, and then invited me to do some competitive games. The first game we both ran around with just pistols and tazers and won the match just picking up guns off the ground. Second game, the other team has zero wins to our 7. I jump off the catwalk to lower tunnel on dust II, hear someone shooting at me, and as I'm sailing through the air, landed a flick (right term?) headshot with a usp on the other teams #1 as he jumps off the barrels at the top of the ramp. His entire team disconnects shortly after. Having my rear end handed to me on Sub.IO constantly by other goons has shown me that there is a massive difference in skill levels with players just starting competitive play vs those that do it constantly. Had a ton of fun, but having two games being the max you can play every day sucks.

ur a cool smurfer dude

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, seņor!
WOOO promoted to gold nova 1 YEAH! Moving up to the big league!

illezt
Mar 1, 2005

SealHammer posted:

man all this technobabble regarding monitors is confusing me, just tell me the best thing i can buy for under 300 buckeroons to do the games real fast

BenQ XL2420Z/XL2411Z. Pretty much every single pro prefers these over any other brand. Main difference between the two is that the 2411Z doesn't have Displayport and some other stuff that doesn't really matter that much unless you want to run triple monitors or something.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

PerOlus posted:

WOOO promoted to gold nova 1 YEAH! Moving up to the big league!

Hell yeah friend

And yeah shadows are a thing in cs at certain angles (I believe each map has one direction of light so the shadows will always be the same) but if your cpu is old you might not be able to play with them

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I kind of regret ever getting a 27" 1080p monitor because now if I do ever want to upgrade to either a faster monitor or a higher res one I'm going to have to go back down to 24" for it to be remotely affordable.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Time is money, fellas.

You can either put in a bunch of time practicing to git gud or you can drop your cash money on skins computer hardware and accessories.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I'm pretty sure an FN Doppler Bayo would at least boost me to JW if not Device

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I played this game for the first time in a bunch of months. I got a Falchion case. Then I opened it and got a

I like this game again.

Edit: I use a ASUS VG248QE and instantly dropped a 50k.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 1, 2015

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I played this game for the first time in a bunch of months. I got a Falchion case. Then I opened it and got a

I like this game again.

That one of the best skins to get in Case Hardended, at least knife wise, since the handle also gets the texture. Grats on your bike parts.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I like this game again.

Neat, about $200 if that's minimal wear.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I like this game again.

Might be worth a lot but holy poo poo is it ugly.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Salt Fish posted:

Might be worth a lot but holy poo poo is it ugly.
It looks way better in game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34iswvayyA
Inspect animation is quite cool.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I like this game again.
I've opened nearly every Covert skin and I'm still not satisfied without opening a knife. :colbert:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

kalstrams posted:

Neat, about $200 if that's minimal wear.

It is. I put a price check up on reddit but nobody responded yet.

I desperately need some new bike parts.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Get a good middleman and good luck!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

You have quite a bit of blue on the handle and tip, so that will drive the price up for sure. Mind posting a picture of the other side?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

symbolic posted:

You have quite a bit of blue on the handle and tip, so that will drive the price up for sure. Mind posting a picture of the other side?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

65/35 blue I'd say. Definitely above market price, but I don't know how much.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
What a time to be alive.

BehindDennys
Feb 20, 2013
I guys I got this knife, any idea what it's worth? (I'm not akumos)

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I'll give you a glock bunson burner for it

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
This is still my favorite thing to come from this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI57bfl7mkY

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Turk February posted:

This is still my favorite thing to come from this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI57bfl7mkY

Man. I was halfway through making a response video to this I even have all the source footage recorded and organized I just never took the time to put it through windows movie maker and then it became too late to post it so I never did.

If you guys promise to pretend like it's just a few days after our match I'll crank it out this either tomorrow or Monday.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BehindDennys posted:

I guys I got this knife, any idea what it's worth? (I'm not akumos)

That's actually a "Huntsman Gold", since there's basically no violet/purple on the knife. People pay above market value for those, I believe.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im really bad at this game and have been my whole life

well

thats my story

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Eonwe posted:

well

thats my story

Yeah man I've been playing off and on for 10 years and I'm trash.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Eonwe posted:

well

thats my story

As long as you're giving it your all that's all Jesus wants from you.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

symbolic posted:

That's actually a "Huntsman Gold", since there's basically no violet/purple on the knife. People pay above market value for those, I believe.

this is absolutely not true

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
People who are much better at this game than I am: I need a short bit of demo review. On round four of the demo linked below (from a solo queue today at GN4 -- in-game name is the same as my SA username) my team just kind of stalls pushing B site even though there's a grand total of one CT there. This leads to us getting our poo poo pushed in. What I want to know is if there was any thing I could have done instead of telling them to get the gently caress out of apts and onto the site to get control while I planted.

Watching through more and telling me where I'm poo poo and need to step it the gently caress up isn't necessary, but appreciated.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-LnQTx-99kjG-37fDw-DtnL7-OUYkF

Thanks!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnB4DcJoLdg

VAC

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
If you don't want to shell out $400 for a BenQ, get one of these http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VG248QE-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0

I have enjoyed it, just don't forget to switch it to the gaming color preset. Also if you are looking into 144hz monitors be aware that it requires a dual-link dvi (this one comes with one, I assume the BenQ does) and you have to manually set your computer to 144hz instead of 60hz. For some odd reason I have found that even if an HDMI is plugged in, my computer will lock at 60hz, but YMMV.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

:vince:

That poo poo will be in frag movies for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Smol posted:

:vince:

That poo poo will be in frag movies for years.

Is it sad that almost the most impressive part for me is that the hitboxes went high enough for him to hit that shot

• Locked thread