Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I was wondering what he was doing on the radio all the way down the straight and it turns out he has no idea where the finish line was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Now they can't even show the interview with Yates lmfao

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
http://gfycat.com/ForsakenSimilarDuck

That's amazing

carborexic
Nov 9, 2008

Talk on twitter is that GVA was ahead of Yates, was run off the road by a support moto.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

carborexic posted:

Talk on twitter is that GVA was ahead of Yates, was run off the road by a support moto.

Could be. Coverage started with Yates attacking but it was cutting in and out and they couldnt keep a camera going for longer than 30 seconds so its very possible.

Makes it even funnier and explains why hes got no idea hes won.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

According to van Avermaet's twitter its true. Holy poo poo

Also on Sporza http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/1.2404913

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The cyclists are meant to take the drugs, not the organisers.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I like these Yates guys.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

If you haven't watched the Back Stage Pass by Orica Green Edge, do it, they feature regularly and are always upbeat despite how the race goes for them and the team.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

goatface posted:

The cyclists are meant to take the drugs, not the organisers.

Seriously WTF were they thinking that road looks possibly not passable by cars its that narrow. Sounds like a complete farce.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Video here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/33747443

The women will want to start having more than half the field finish races imo.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Can't really see what happens to make that one rider do a front flip.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tv-motorcycle-collides-with-van-avermaet-at-clsica-san-sebastin/

Its confirmed now. Van Avermaet had a gap on the bunch, and then a camera bike (there for no reason since nothing was being broadcast at that point) just drove into the back of him, breaking the bike frame and wheel. And because there was no tv coverage and the radios were barely working, the rest of the teams had no idea it had happened, hence why Adam Yates had no idea if he'd won or not.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tv-motorcycle-collides-with-van-avermaet-at-clsica-san-sebastin/

Its confirmed now. Van Avermaet had a gap on the bunch, and then a camera bike (there for no reason since nothing was being broadcast at that point) just drove into the back of him, breaking the bike frame and wheel. And because there was no tv coverage and the radios were barely working, the rest of the teams had no idea it had happened, hence why Adam Yates had no idea if he'd won or not.

Last year we were talking about the threat of fans to cyclists and now its the support vehicles

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Pocket posted:

*complains when riders show human emotions*

There's a difference between showing emotion and dropping out of 60% of your races in a season and crying every time.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

He's still young as gently caress. If you have a goal and your entire entourage is amping you up for it for an entire year when you falter poo poo will come crashing down. I don't think crying on the side of the road after scratching out of the TDF is a sign of weakness. The riders on the pointy end are battle hardened.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Pocket posted:

He's still young as gently caress. If you have a goal and your entire entourage is amping you up for it for an entire year when you falter poo poo will come crashing down. I don't think crying on the side of the road after scratching out of the TDF is a sign of weakness. The riders on the pointy end are battle hardened.

He's also not "super young." He's a year younger than I am.

Didn't he cry during like, the tour of colorado one year?

I still think he's a bitch and needs to go home and be a family man and stop bringing his drat baby on podiums.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Feel free to judge the man, but I can understand the feeling when you focus your entire year on the TdF and then withdraw due to an illness you could neither prevent nor recover sufficiently from. He felt like he'd let not only himself but all of his teammates down, who were there expressly to help him win the race. Van Garderen is one of the best GC cyclists in the world, and he doesn't have the results you would expect of him. I guarantee it frustrates him way more than it bothers you.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Xir posted:

Feel free to judge the man, but I can understand the feeling when you focus your entire year on the TdF and then withdraw due to an illness you could neither prevent nor recover sufficiently from. He felt like he'd let not only himself but all of his teammates down, who were there expressly to help him win the race. Van Garderen is one of the best GC cyclists in the world, and he doesn't have the results you would expect of him. I guarantee it frustrates him way more than it bothers you.

Illness huh. Shame his team mates made some very on the nose remarks about not knowing what he came down with.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKWDjzRf_G4

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
England showing that we're part of the elite cycling broadcasters by having the producer commentary being broadcast and the actual commentators muted.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Legit liking the backing music to this, is it from something?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
One of the BBC commentators has got their phone too close to the microphone and it keeps picking up interference. Tip top guys. Tip, top.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Millar on a motorbike is a nice touch though

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
BMC riding Debusschere to the Mall.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Slightly poo poo number of spectators for this so far.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
where can i watch whatever race you are talking about right now

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Is it me or are there no live time gaps?

Millar moto is cool and its on the BBC

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Is it me or are there no live time gaps?

Millar moto is cool and its on the BBC

Its all over the place coverage wise. Also big lol that Cav's columbian replacement has left him in the peloton and bridged over to the front group.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Are there any teams in the peleton without someone up front likely to chase this down?

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

Are there any teams in the peleton without someone up front likely to chase this down?

Don't think so all the big teams have at least 1 guy in the break away.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Cyclists without radios back to the ds to tell them what to do are dumb as hell.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

pretty good finish

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

If that's Yates, wouldn't he have noticed GVA falling down? Or was he absolutely unaware that he was second as well?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Yates is saying that because there was no tv coverage back to the cars and that the race radio was garbage, no-one really knew who was where. On that climb they were pulling in the last of the breakaway so he legit had no idea if he was in first place or not, and the radio was so awful he couldn't hear it over the crowd on the finish line.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

If he knew he'd won give him an Oscar too.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Peter Sagan wins in Aalst, does what Peter Sagan does... or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-fAyOX52JM

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Non-celebration wins are so hot right now.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Lol Tom Danielson busted for doping
https://twitter.com/tomdanielson/status/628077007822172160

Clean cycling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Phil Gaimon's gonna be pissed.