Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Silento posted:

I thought they said it was there to stymie bots, but if you can just buy the potions then idk. :confused:

I thought so too, but wouldn't they just code them to attack crystals? Isn't the stamina replenish off of them area wide? Thought I saw that in the cbt2 stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Dackel posted:

I thought so too, but wouldn't they just code them to attack crystals? Isn't the stamina replenish off of them area wide? Thought I saw that in the cbt2 stream

I have no idea!!!

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Dackel posted:

The recovery thing covers a wide area around the crystal yeah.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I haven't played a Ragnarok in forever, can someone get me up an archer build guide? I heard sapper has been op so far.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

pandaK posted:

I haven't played a Ragnarok in forever, can someone get me up an archer build guide? I heard sapper has been op so far.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/ That is a link to a decent ToS class skill builder. You can even find some builds on that site.

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
When you finish the third level of the Crystal Mine area

you do not go down to the marked area.

This is an unmarked exit into a level 120 zone that will catch you by surprise. Monsters will be waiting for you at the entrance when you load in. You will die.

When you die, you lose every unused gem in your inventory, so it's a good idea to stash them when you have the chance. Also a lot of item durability.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

can we get some more impressions from beta players posted in the thread for us unworthy to lord over ty xoxo

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
What's the latest word on how many invites they plan to give out for the english stuff? Is this going to be the sort of hard to get type of thing or everyone and their mom will get one?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
They gave out 5000, and the giveaway for this round has already ended. They haven't sad how later tests will be handled.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 3, 2015

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Happy Blue Cow posted:

can we get some more impressions from beta players posted in the thread for us unworthy to lord over ty xoxo

The international beta doesn't start until tomorrow night, I'll post about it after I've played some. :)

Baby Nanny
Jan 4, 2007
ftw m8.

Silento posted:

The international beta doesn't start until tomorrow night, I'll post about it after I've played some. :)

Actually doesn't start til Tuesday. Email and forums says the 4th

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Yep, first email said the 3rd, a follow up email changed it to the 4th. Should be able to writeup some of my impressions throughout the week.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Baby Nanny posted:

Actually doesn't start til Tuesday. Email and forums says the 4th

:rip:

Sekret
Dec 6, 2001
Curse you, Massive Genitals!
Holy poo poo I actually got into a CBT. Looks like I get to spend all day at work trying to decide the first class I'm going to roll.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

From a few days ago, but:

Posting for posterity!! :devil:

Crateria
Jun 16, 2013

I'm so excited! Less than 2 hours to go, right!?

:woop:

I'm still kinda curious as to why it forced me to install flash player. The game isn't made with flash..right?

Baby Nanny
Jan 4, 2007
ftw m8.
The patcher that runs when you launch the game is built with Flash

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

wow there are a lot more hairstyles than the ragnarok i played from ages ago, this is great

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Catsworth posted:

https://soundcloud.com/spadow/sets/tree-of-savior

They definitely got that poo poo on lockdown. (It's so good.)

Seriously, this soundtrack is by far the best I have ever heard in an mmo, and I thought guild wars soundtrack couldn't be beat. Actually, this is probably the best soundtrack I have ever heard in any film or game.

I really didn't want to relive iRO days and hop on this bandwagon, but this soundtrack is making me think twice

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lewtt posted:

Seriously, this soundtrack is by far the best I have ever heard in an mmo, and I thought guild wars soundtrack couldn't be beat.

I was the same, but honestly, FF14 has better music. :v:

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
The korean beta was finally exp scaled the other day according to what it's actually supposed to be, after many days of exp events and upped rates. International CBT launches with real rates and grind parties are forming already at level 25+. The grind is real people. It is very real.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

pertinent posted:

The korean beta was finally exp scaled the other day according to what it's actually supposed to be, after many days of exp events and upped rates. International CBT launches with real rates and grind parties are forming already at level 25+. The grind is real people. It is very real.

It's kinda deceptive because the grind seems pretty slow and then you kill a blue mob which gives you a level on its own. :v:

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Anyone know if there's a 'force attack' option? Couldn't seem to find it in any of the options.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Truga posted:

I was the same, but honestly, FF14 has better music. :v:

FF14 was pretty good, true. It's tough, but I still like this one better though!

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

I'm pretty certain I just partied up with one of you. Whoever GoonSquad is, I had a good time just chillin and slaying lots of super fast spawns with you.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is the game fun, goons

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

GreyPowerVan posted:

Is the game fun, goons

Yes.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

It's fun but also very grindy. Though, if you're posting in here then you probably already expected it to be grindy, so that may not exactly come as a shock to you.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Exp rates are boosted for testing purposes. Some people are saying up to 4x, but I don't know where they get this info. Apparently the Korean server has a higher boosted rate than the English one for some reason.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gearman posted:

It's fun but also very grindy. Though, if you're posting in here then you probably already expected it to be grindy, so that may not exactly come as a shock to you.

Thanks. I expected a grind because I just want RO 2 so I'm happy this looks so good.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Grind isn't even a problem for me as long as playing the game is fun. I don't mind taking 3 years to reach cap if that's the content/fun.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

They just sent out another wave of keys. :toot:

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
Been a long time since I just grouped up and talked to people in a game while grinding mobs. Made lots of buddies already. World of Warcraft (and clones) has nothing on this game.

Relaxodon
Oct 2, 2010

Phoix posted:

They just sent out another wave of keys. :toot:

drat, not among them again. A question for those who are playing: What activities are there except for pure grinding? Grinding is alright if it is a means to an end.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Relaxodon posted:

drat, not among them again. A question for those who are playing: What activities are there except for pure grinding? Grinding is alright if it is a means to an end.

There are achievements to do that give rewards like hair colour etc, the cards that drop ingame have a cardgame attached to them. That's from what I've seen

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Truga posted:

Grind isn't even a problem for me as long as playing the game is fun. I don't mind taking 3 years to reach cap if that's the content/fun.

thats good news

ToS looks really endearing with its art so i wouldnt mind chewing on it forever as long as it was a cool and good adventure with challenging dungeons

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's going around that the Korean testers said the grind was too much, so that's why their CBT3 has 3x exp.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Schubalts posted:

It's going around that the Korean testers said the grind was too much, so that's why their CBT3 has 3x exp.

:stare:

This worries me considering how grindy most Korean MMOs tend to be.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

QuantaStarFire posted:

:stare:

This worries me considering how grindy most Korean MMOs tend to be.

A part of me thinks they meant the grind was too much "for the length of this CBT" in terms of actually reaching the high end classes. I don't mind a grind without a time limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlenQuagmire
Jan 1, 2005

Pizza Time!
Well, this is amusing: if you're an archer, just use kneeling shot by a spawn area and then put something heavy on your attack button. AFK grinding whee!

• Locked thread