Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Is there nothing Europe has in common that would allow them to have something more specific than this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I guess you pick North if you believe in Santa Squid and South for all those Squid Eskimos

WORLDS BEST BABY
Aug 26, 2006

Geostomp posted:

Is there nothing Europe has in common that would allow them to have something more specific than this?

Something like waterslides vs. rollercoasters or dogs vs. cats could work for a PAL splatfest, but anything like food is right out, which is a crying shame!!! And that's before you even throw Australia in the mix.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Geostomp posted:

Allies vs Axis. :v:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
UEFA Euro vs Eurovision

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

dude789 posted:

Silver Falcon, that match in Port mackeral where we pushed the enemy back to there spawn and then all four of our team jumped back to the spawn to cover missed turf and ended up pulling out the close win was amazing. I was Chris with the Aerospray RG by the way.

Ah, I see! I had fun playing last night. :D

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

dude789 posted:

Silver Falcon, that match in Port mackeral where we pushed the enemy back to there spawn and then all four of our team jumped back to the spawn to cover missed turf and ended up pulling out the close win was amazing. I was Chris with the Aerospray RG by the way.

Missed Splatoon Connections.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Rexroom posted:

Allies vs Axis. :v:

Uhhhh I hope that one would be really lopsided.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

They should do the Callie vs Marie, but have each sister lead the other's team.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I pity all those sorry square fucks

At least the squares have a point as to why they pick that team, the other side just keeps using circular logic.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I think it's pretty funny how the next European Splatfest theme is that deliberately removed from not only everyday life, but pretty much anything it's possible to have an actual opinion on, while Japanese Fests have literal corporate sponsors.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 1, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Malon vs The Clerk At The Bombchu Bowling Alley, I dunno.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Man Without A Face vs. Forever Young.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

WORLDS BEST BABY posted:

Something like waterslides vs. rollercoasters or dogs vs. cats could work for a PAL splatfest, but anything like food is right out, which is a crying shame!!! And that's before you even throw Australia in the mix.

Pudding Vs Jello for next Pal Splatfest.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Since this is Europe after all, Splatfests should resolve disputes like Quantum Physics vs General Relativity.

WORLDS BEST BABY
Aug 26, 2006

Jarogue posted:

Pudding Vs Jello for next Pal Splatfest.

Is this meant to be a perfect example of something that wouldn't work as a PAL splatfest? Did I… did I get the joke?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Polar Bears would eat the poo poo out of Penguins.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

WORLDS BEST BABY posted:

Is this meant to be a perfect example of something that wouldn't work as a PAL splatfest? Did I… did I get the joke?

CONGRATULATIONS! Your celebratory cookie will be mail in 2 business days. Its in the shape of a squid, Stay Fresh.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

This is the worst Splatfest ever

Lmao but you guys had sleeping vs eating, the best splatfest ever

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Hopping Ghost posted:

I think it's pretty funny how the next European Splatfest theme is that deliberately removed from not only everyday life, but pretty much anything it's possible to have an actual opinion on, while Japanese Fests have literal corporate sponsors.

Meanwhile every NA Splatfest threatens to tear North America apart. :supaburn:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Right, it's decided. I'm going to vote for the South Pole. The South Pole is after all a big continent on it's own, while the North Pole is just a big chunk of ice that's going to melt in a few years time anyway. Who would want to vote for a losing side like that? Besides, the South Pole has penguins. Penguins! How could you not vote for them? GO SOUTH POLE!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
There are no penguins at the South Pole; in fact it supports no life asides from extremophiles

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

dragon enthusiast posted:

There are no penguins at the South Pole; in fact it supports no life asides from extremophiles

You must be fun at parties.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Rexroom posted:

You must be fun at parties.

Vote for North Pole

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just vote for whichever side has the best memeverse posts

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Vote for North Pole

I know which pole I'd vote for, North pole, best pole.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

homework v. chores

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The South Pole is where one of the greatest movies of all time takes place.

You're dog now! You're a tentacled spider-legged alien monster Thing now!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

The South Pole is where one of the greatest movies of all time takes place.

You're dog now! You're a tentacled spider-legged alien monster Thing now!

D'ya think that thing wanted to be Judd? No cat makes it a thousand miles through the ink! No, you don't understand! That thing wanted to be US!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Do we know when the level cap increase etc happens? I thought it was going to be in last night's update, but that was just two weapons.

Stokesy
Nov 26, 2003

G-R-A-S-P
Folding vs Scrunching

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Trent posted:

Do we know when the level cap increase etc happens? I thought it was going to be in last night's update, but that was just two weapons.

The 5th/6th

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

AfroLine posted:

homework v. chores

Homework

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Geostomp posted:

Team Hates American Touristss vs Team REALLY Hates American Tourists.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Geostomp posted:

Team Cold Weather vs. Team Hot Weather

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Geostomp posted:

Austerity vs Spending

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Gonna go for the North Pole. After all, one of the greatest explorers from my country was basically the first to get there.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tengames posted:

this is actively causing me stress

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tengames posted:

Callie happily announces she's Team Marie's host, Marie announces she is also Team Marie's host because she's tired of being on the losing side.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Not sure how known this is already, but I figured I'd post it anyways because I didn't know until now. Run Speed Up appears to have no effect on rollers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1L-_xu5FOI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Snuffman posted:

Meanwhile every NA Splatfest threatens to tear North America apart. :supaburn:

They couldn't do the Poles thing for NA because you would have a huge number of Americans voting south because IT WILL RISE AGAIN

E. Also hot dogs are great but there is a reason we cook them on grills, they taste uneven, crispy, and bad on open fire pits

• Locked thread