Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

The Los Angeles Kings select RW Brendan Gallagher

because wait he's still available oh goodness me i found a second line winger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Drunk Canuck posted:

The Los Angeles Kings select RW Brendan Gallagher

because wait he's still available oh goodness me i found a second line winger

Oh gently caress right off rear end in a top hat

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Furnaceface posted:

gently caress you east fans for stealing all the centers. :argh:

:getin:

Technetium posted:

I heavily debated Kadri and might've picked him next.

Infidel Castro posted:

Kadri was the other centre I was referring to.

Yeah I was debating about getting him since he's still a little rough around the edges. But he's good for 40 points as the 2C on a shitastic Leafs team. He will play with much better players on this team, and if I build my bottom six right I can just force feed my top 6 ozs all day. Plus all of his underlying stats say he is awesome and just on a poo poo team. I might get a future 1C out of him one day but at the very least he's a good 2C with offensive upside.

Fowler was a harder pick. I think he's good but I am not crazy about him. But he's about the closest left to a #1 or potential #1 dman under 27. I think for me to draft anyone over that age in the first few rounds they have to be exceptional since my goals is to build a good team that will still be very good a few years down the road. He puts up points like a #1 and is coming together nicely.

x-Crosby-Kucherov
x-Kadri-x
x-x-x
x-x-x

Fowler-x
x-x
x-x

Holtby
X

I like my team so far. I have an elite center, and two other forwards maybe capable of hitting a PPG some day. And they're spread out positionally in the top 6. Fowler is a pretty good young 35-40 pt dman. Holtby is imo the most underrated goalie in the game right now and he's on a fairly decent deal. Having him in net makes me feel more comfortable with not picking D until later.

Now the dilemma is what the gently caress to do with my picks ages from now. There's hardly any top pairing dman left. I really need a good LW now and there's not tons of those. C for the bottom six I feel a lot better about. There are still several C that I think could fit into the middle six easily. I almost went C-C but I was scared to see what my D would look like if I did that

THE MACHO MAN fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 1, 2015

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

so who's up right now, Ginette Reno with Technetium having missed his pick?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

so who's up right now, Ginette Reno with Technetium having missed his pick?

yep

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll go with noted rat Brad Marchand. Great fancies though he plays with Bergeron I think so probably gets a boost there but he passes le eye test too and he's still young.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Jordan Staal of course

JVR-E.Staal-
-J.Staal-

Karlsson

Rask

Maybe play the Staals together they did that a lot last year right to get that 57% CF?

e: whoops forgot JVR

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 1, 2015

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll go with noted rat Brad Marchand. Great fancies though he plays with Bergeron I think so probably gets a boost there but he passes le eye test too and he's still young.

marchand is a very good & cool pick here and i hate you a little now

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

T-Bone posted:

Maybe play the Staals together they did that a lot last year right to get that 57% CF?

533:19 together, 59.9 CF% and 44.4 GF%. :fancystats:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

marchand is a very good & cool pick here and i hate you a little now

I was surprised he was still there. There's a few good young players that made me waffle a bit but Marchand is sick and I've fantasized a great deal about him playing with Crosby or Malkin.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Phone posting from work but I wanted Marchand. I'll settle with Anisimov. He did great in Columbus and is bound to look even better with Kane or Hossa on his wing. He's only 27 and is a big body. You can't teach size.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

With my next pick I'm selecting Olli Maatta. He's a talented young defenseman who plays top minutes at the age of 19 and 20.

e: so far

Schwartz - Johnson - Tatar

Maatta - Faulk

or

Tatar - Johnson - ?
? - Schwartz - ?

Maatta - Faulk

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Technetium posted:

With my next pick I'm selecting Olli Maatta. He's a talented young defenseman who plays top minutes at the age of 19 and 20.

Maatta - Faulk

or

Tatar - Johnson - ?
? - Schwartz - ?

Maatta - Faulk

Had you picked Malkin instead of Johnson, your team would be real real good.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Had you picked Malkin instead of Johnson, your team would be real real good.

Tyler Johnson is really good.

edit: should we try to give El Gallinero Gros team to someone else since he appears to be dead

Technetium fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 1, 2015

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Technetium posted:

Right, you still have a good team. Malkin is a lot better than Johnson though.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Technetium posted:

Maatta - Faulk

or

Tatar - Johnson - ?
? - Schwartz - ?

Maatta - Faulk
Why don't you back to your home on WHORE ISLAND?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Internet down at home, working soon, so just let me know when my pick is. I'll be able to make it. I have a couple guys in mind.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Right, you still have a good team. Malkin is a lot better than Johnson though.

Evgeni Malkin dominates on the powerplay, at evens not so much, and part of that is probably because he plays with Sidney Crosby on the powerplay. He's also 4 years older, much more expensive, under contract til he's 35 and has played 30 fewer games over the past two years because of injuries.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I hope I get to pick today

It's exciting to get closer and closer to your picks with your main targets available

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Yeah I'm on my phone and the spreadsheet isn't updating so just let me know when It's my turn please.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

Good pick, my shortlist is dwindling

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Habibi posted:

Yeah I'm on my phone and the spreadsheet isn't updating so just let me know when It's my turn please.

right now

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Technetium posted:

edit: should we try to give El Gallinero Gros team to someone else since he appears to be dead

I mean sure if you can find someone to take the team but I haven't even gotten anyone to take over the Sharks yet

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

With their 5th round pick the Sharks select Justin Williams who is really good but also old. Please remember to write down who is next up after you when you make a pick.

Aye Doc is up now!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the oilers will take Mats Zuccarello and bring stab & the Montreal Canadiens up to the picking

i'm also gonna be around all day if anyone needs someone to give a list to

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

stab and the Canadiens select Marian Gaborik who hopefully will not get hurt.

Menamino is up.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I'll take derick brassard

Managed to crack 60 points last year and I think he's trending up. Also seems to play well with nash, so it opens up some possibilities there if I find someone that toews might like more at lw.

Had some others who I think are better players but didn't wanna get stuck with Casey czikas as my 2c.

Furnaceface is up

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Why don't you back to your home on WHORE ISLAND?

Please don't post my address.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Jordan7hm posted:

You picked him 62. Two years later, during which he performed better than he had up to the point when you picked him, he went 121st.

I stand by my arguments from back then.

e: I mostly remember arguing with Mook though, not you.

Sure, stand by your incorrect arguments. I'll just sit here laughing on my throne.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Menamino posted:

I'll take derick brassard

Managed to crack 60 points last year and I think he's trending up. Also seems to play well with nash, so it opens up some possibilities there if I find someone that toews might like more at lw.

Had some others who I think are better players but didn't wanna get stuck with Casey czikas as my 2c.

Furnaceface is up

I like this pick, he's one of the guys I was going for if Kadri went. Brassard is good and still fairly young. I am not sure that he gets much better than he is now, but he's still a very good 2c or a low end 1c.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Who's up?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

at 3:20 Furnaceface will be skipped and mentholmoose's turn will start

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

tofes posted:

stab and the Canadiens select Marian Gaborik who hopefully will not get hurt.

Menamino is up.

Somebody total up the goals from my team. Thats not going to be a problem i think. (i got to be near 180 goals on 5 picks haha)

Whos needs d

Or a salary cap

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

At the golf course phone picking Derick Brassard because reasons.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

At the golf course phone picking Derick Brassard because reasons.

Already taken and it's mentholmoose's turn.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He's being stretched far too thin on multiple teams

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
No defenseman/goaltender is really jumping out at me right now, so I guess I'll take a guy I can make my second line center with ease, Bryan Little. He can put up 50-ish points and the fancy stats seem to like him a bit. He can handle playing 19-20 minutes, his cap hit is less than $5 million for the next 3 seasons, and he's on the good side of 30.

e: Voracek-H. Sedin-Kane
?-Little-?

Vatanen-?

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 1, 2015

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mentholmoose posted:

No defenseman/goaltender is really jumping out at me right now, so I guess I'll take a guy I can make my second line center with ease, Bryan Little. He can put up 50-ish points and the fancy stats seem to like him a bit. He can handle playing 19-20 minutes, his cap hit is less than $5 million for the next 3 seasons, and he's on the good side of 30.

e: Voracek-H. Sedin-Kane
?-Little-?

Vatanen-?

You damned bastard he was so close!

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Little is ok but I think there are better choices available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

tofes posted:

Already taken and it's mentholmoose's turn.

Crap yeah sorry. I don't have a good signal out here and can't see the spreadsheet. When do I go next?

• Locked thread