Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://youtu.be/JNVd7y5Xw40

Terraria is serious business guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdn1s8FxrUg

more on how serious terraria is

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Would you mind telling me about all of the times that you gave people death threats on SA?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

QuarkJets posted:

Would you mind telling me about all of the times that you gave people death threats on SA?

two pages back dogg

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

I legit have no idea where that part of my title came from, cause I'm pretty nonviolent in general.

Also what Snapchat said - I posted the story of my title a couple pages back because it involved making hundreds of videogame nerds real, real mad.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Magres posted:

I legit have no idea where that part of my title came from, cause I'm pretty nonviolent in general.

Also what Snapchat said - I posted the story of my title a couple pages back because it involved making hundreds of videogame nerds real, real mad.

And then they invaded our PGS thread just to helldump you.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Magres posted:

I will destroy you irl magres..

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

I will destroy you irl magres..

wow i may just dip into my reddit gold allowance for the month to give you a red title, you absolute piece of poo poo. gently caress you.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Odobenidae posted:

wow i may just dip into my reddit gold allowance for the month to give you a red title, you absolute piece of poo poo. gently caress you.

No balls

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Odobenidae posted:

:suspense:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nerd fight nerd fight nerd fight nerd fight nerd fight nerd fight nerd fight nerd fight nerd fight!!!!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Can it be a cook off fight.

I'll make a hot dog Quesadillas.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Third World Reggin posted:

Can it be a cook off fight.

I'll make a hot dog Quesadillas.

uhhh, it was sausage and pickles, dont you diss my cooking, i went to culinary school

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Is this griefing? Am i seeing it in this thread?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hihohe posted:

Is this griefing? Am i seeing it in this thread?

Butt hurt - the griefing discussion

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

These ones just make me feel bad because it's so obvious the guy is autistic.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Odobenidae posted:

Is there any context for this outburst or are we all just :suspense: at this point?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheSpiritFox posted:

Is there any context for this outburst or are we all just :suspense: at this point?
It's called a joke.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Rocket League has been lots of fun this weekend if I stop trying to score or defend and just ram an opposing player as much as possible. Continually keeping a top scorer out of play isn't easy as the cars are too manoeuvrable and there's not much voice interaction even on PC, but I've caused a few obvious ragequits or had guys stop going for the ball and concentrate on trying to play bullfighter. The game is also full of Brazilians who will stop playing and start typing once they get upset, which leaves you free to ram them back into their own net.

Another easy way to get on someone's nerves is to reply with "Thanks!" to all of the pre-fab text compliments. Take credit for goals against your team, say "Nice Save!" after you demolish someone's car, etc. You don't get the same screaming and death threats you would from other games or even Italian soccer players, but watching the target of your abuse carefully... you just know.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

In TF2 one of the Engineer's secondary weapons is the Short Circuit, which is a goofy robot arm that can destroy projectiles (like rockets and sticky bombs), using Metal for ammo. A recent patch made the Short Circuit usable during the end of a match, even if your team has lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUFK4E7NPmg

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

How much damage does the primary attack of the Short Circuit do at the moment? Because I remember it being very minimal to the point that it was pretty humiliating to be killed by it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

dogstile posted:

CMDR Cluseau, "accidentally"

Oh come on, with that name, everything goes.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Mierenneuker posted:

How much damage does the primary attack of the Short Circuit do at the moment? Because I remember it being very minimal to the point that it was pretty humiliating to be killed by it.

The video appears to have been made with attack numbers on, and if everything is accurate, yeah, it's a fairly piddling 20 damage for a relatively slow attack, which does add a certain charm.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

So this guy is a little more loud than people like Estaban or Daniel but i still think hes funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql_1nmoV2MY

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Hihohe posted:

i still think hes funny

No.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Welp...:suicide:

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Triggering weirdos in second life is almost always funny.

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.
I get the feeling Lord British got the last laugh on us by getting to play with spinning tops in space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3S-c_s_syY

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i want to hear more about ingress because it seems to me that a game about tracking down people and discouraging them from doing a cellphone game thing would lead to terrible poo poo. im imagining the bottom of the internet barrel types combined with an app that essentially locates 'enemy' game players. am i wrong about ingress?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Waldo P Barnstormer posted:

I get the feeling Lord British got the last laugh on us by getting to play with spinning tops in space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3S-c_s_syY

Joke's on him though cause while he was in space his bosses were forging his resignation.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Blazing Zero posted:

i want to hear more about ingress because it seems to me that a game about tracking down people and discouraging them from doing a cellphone game thing would lead to terrible poo poo. im imagining the bottom of the internet barrel types combined with an app that essentially locates 'enemy' game players. am i wrong about ingress?

It doesn't show you where any players are, it just shows where objectives are. You can get an idea of it because the radius to interact with an objective is like 15 meters so if you're messing with a point and can tell someone else is messing with it and look around, you can reasonably figure that the dork intently playing with their phone is the other player nearby.

I don't play a ton of Ingress but at one point I spent a few weeks messing around with it and the people I met who played it (there's in game local chat, some of the people on my team met up with me and dropped items to help me get started) all seemed chill. I've talked to some people on the other team when I realized someone was nearby and figured out who it was, and no one was like "EW GROSS YOURE A BLUE PLAYER DIE BLUE SCUM" they were just like 'oh hey you're the blue guy blowing stuff up here? Nice, I can repair it for XP and you can keep blowing it up for more XP and we can both get something out of it.'

A war of attrition in a game of infinite resources is hard to get super worked up about unless you're a turbo nerd, and most turbo nerds don't like games that take physical exertion. The fact that you have to get up and physically run around to play is an immediate no-go for a lot of neckbeards.

Magres fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 10, 2015

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
The fact that Ingress encourages more physical activity is actually why I'm playing it, if you do want to unintentionally grief someone playing this game by playing the game as it's meant to you should try to find a portal with a lot of links holding up a good bunch of fields and destroying the resonators around it, sure it's entirely possible to get it set up again but it would require a portal key from one of the two portals you wish to link and if there's a lot of portals you'd want to link and you'd have to hack most of them to get their portal key....Yeah you can see how much travelling you'd need to do to get that multi-link portal back up again, especially if that field was cross-continental.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dabir posted:

Joke's on him though cause while he was in space his bosses were forging his resignation.

The ultimate grief.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
I like Ingress for what it is, but I live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and (at least, the last time I checked) the nearest portal is a 10 minute drive away.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I play an open PVP moo called InfernoMOO (it's played using telnet or text clients like mushclient, etc). While out and about going about my business, I noticed a player known for being rather high strung, and killed her. This was the result:

quote:

12:12 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair has been attacked by Troika in The Front!
12:12 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair was killed by Troika in Cheers.
12:12 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "WTF"
12:12 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "KILL THAT MOTHERFUCKER FOR ME"
12:13 am [ FEM ]: Safira asks, "Caredog didn't stop it?"
12:13 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "IF YOU DON'T MIND"
12:13 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "IT WAS IN THE FRONT"
12:15 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "so obviously he's not gonna tell me why he
did that"
12:15 am [ FEM ]: FubarPhace says, "oh hes being a fuckhead"
12:16 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "BUT WHY"
12:16 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "_WHY_"
12:16 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "WHAT THE gently caress DID I EVER DO TO HIM"
12:16 am [ FEM ]: FubarPhace says, "i don't know probably out of boredom"
12:16 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "..."
12:16 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "WHAT"
12:16 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "THE"
12:16 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "ACTUAL"
12:16 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "gently caress"
12:16 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "WHO THE gently caress JUST MURDERS SOMEONE OUT OF
loving BOREDOM"
12:16 am [ FEM ]: Ash says, "Some people are dicks for the sake of being
dicks."
12:16 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "GOD loving-"
12:16 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "that's it, that motherfucker's DEAD"
12:16 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "one way or another"
12:17 am [ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "DEAD"
[ FEM ]: Mayfair says, "im gonna do something stupid if i don't calm down, so
brb

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

-Troika- posted:

I play an open PVP moo called InfernoMOO (it's played using telnet or text clients like mushclient, etc). While out and about going about my business, I noticed a player known for being rather high strung, and killed her. This was the result:

i'm worried about that person's blood pressure. she's gonna stroke out over that game one day :(

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
And now the game griefs me. Context: I am arguing with a robot, trying to get a guy out of jail faster.

quote:

Troika says, "I'm tearing this kangaroo court apart."
Troika says, "My client had consumed a paper plate at the time, and will do it again if subjected to the legal system for too long."
Troika says, "As we all know, Chewbacca comes from the planet Kashyyk."
Troika says, "Let it go."
The judgeotron ponders, stroking its chin.
The judgeotron says, "No. The sentence stays."
The judgeotron says, "As for you, I don't like your attitude."
The judgeotron slams its gavel.
poo poo. You gained 24 stars.

Stars are a thing you get when you commit crimes, and having over a certain amount will make angry police robots chase you. Also, if you end up in jail, the stars determine the length of your sentence.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Aug 12, 2015

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I will never cease to be amazed by the carebears, ERPers and generic idiots who wander into a HellMOO based game and expect to not be mercilessly killed by a TV thrown from several rooms away.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, there's not many PVPers around at the moment so the game is ready for a rich harvest of tears :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bieeardo posted:

I will never cease to be amazed by the carebears, ERPers and generic idiots who wander into a HellMOO based game and expect to not be mercilessly killed by a TV thrown from several rooms away.

Never played it but from what I heard it sounds like one should play HellMOO for that specific experience.

• Locked thread