Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like Megaman X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm liking Squeak Squad a lot. It has a whole lot of unique ideas going for it like the large treasure chest chase/fight sequences. The powers are a bit bland, but I like the idea that each one of them has a scroll that adds a move or makes them more powerful. The bubble system is also neat.

The only thing I haven't liked so far was the third boss. This game's version of Kracko is the most obnoxious and frustrating Kirby boss I've ever fought.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Binding of Isaac got a patch, supposedly.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is there a general 3DS thread that can tell me what games are worth playing or can this thread do that?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700920

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Thanks.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

When you buy your system, make sure to practice screwing before you try to play it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Like loving or with a tool?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

cheesetriangles posted:

Like loving or with a tool?
Both

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's an interesting new game for those of you who own a JP 3DS: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/jcyj/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtJbzZMoW-M

Nintendo (and indieszero) and SCRAP have put together an AR/escape game where players can work together online to defuse "bombs" that have been remotely installed in 3DS units all over the world. There's a pre-release demo available for download via the QR code on the site, and they'll be releasing paid episodes starting from September 2 (available for 100yen each or as a 450yen bundle).

These types of games are invogue in Japan right now, so I suspect this'll attract a lot of buzz when it kicks off.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jul 31, 2015

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's an interesting new game for those of you who own a JP 3DS: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/jcyj/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtJbzZMoW-M

Nintendo (and indieszero) and SCRAP have put together an AR/escape game where players can work together online to defuse "bombs" that have been remotely installed in 3DS units all over the world. There's a pre-release demo available for download via the QR code on the site, and they'll be releasing paid episodes starting from September 2 (available for 100yen each or as a 450yen bundle).

These types of games are invogue in Japan right now, so I suspect this'll attract a lot of buzz when it kicks off.

I would love this kind of game, but nope, we're probably not getting this one.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's some new gameplay footage from Steamworld Heist, the side-view turn-based strategy game from the Steamworld Dig dudes; the game is coming to 3DS first but it'll hit pretty much everything eventually, including Wii U:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrxOTeIb9M

RadicalR posted:

I would love this kind of game, but nope, we're probably not getting this one.

I dunno, SCRAP is an international company and the synopsis talks about the worldwide install base of the 3DS, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

never cared about the steamworld dig game but that new tactics game they're making looks fun as poo poo, especially with those ricochet bullet mechanics

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
SCRAP also did translate one of their two mystery game for Android/iOS into English, Marcus and the Haunted Mansion. I've played through some of it, but I can't really recommend the game because of how terrible the translation is (stilted and no punctuation in places! hooray!). Also, I think it's got a game breaking bug on the last day. Still, the fact that it exists gives me some hope for this one coming out elsewhere.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

When you buy your system, make sure to practice screwing before you try to play it.

Maybe I am some sort of screwdriving prodigy but I had zero problems swapping out my microsd card.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is it possible to get dlc for a game you don't own? i want to get the etrian odyssey 2 untold dlc while its free but i don't see myself buying it in the near future

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No, the DLC is purchased in game.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Bought the WiiU Splatoon bundle and screwed up scratching off the code because I'm a palsied manchild. Nintendo support seemed to think they could help. So fingers crossed. Give me some cool WiiU exclusives in the mean time to impulse buy. I'm thinking Affordable Space Adventures.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bogart posted:

Bought the WiiU Splatoon bundle and screwed up scratching off the code because I'm a palsied manchild. Nintendo support seemed to think they could help. So fingers crossed. Give me some cool WiiU exclusives in the mean time to impulse buy. I'm thinking Affordable Space Adventures.

Super Mario 3D World

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Bogart posted:

They'll absolutely be able to help. This happens all the time.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

Super Mario 3D World

Awesome.

FairGame posted:

They'll absolutely be able to help. This happens all the time.

Yup, they totally did. Super helpful, got my code in like seven hours.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
My one experience with Nintendo Customer Service was quite positive. I was a twit and bought Excitebike thinking that it was the 3DS version, and it was the Wii U version. They gave me a bit of a "Shame, shame, pay more attention next time", but ultimately they fixed it for me.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of August 6):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Beatbuddy - €8.99 / £8.09
    Sanatory Hallways - €.99 / £8.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Star Fox Command (DS) - €9.99 / £8.99
    DK Jungle Climber (DS) - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Squids Odyssey (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until August 13
    Elliot Quest (Wii U eShop) - €10.99 / £8.00 until August 13
    TNT Racers (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 13
    Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £5.99 from August 6-27

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Dragon Ball Z; Extreme Butoden (demo)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Tomodachi Life (3DS) - €27.99 / £24.49 from July 30-August 6
    Code of Princess (3DS eShop) - €14.95 / £12.49 until August 13
    Sayonara Umihara Kawase (3DS eShop) - €12.40 / £9.99 until August 13
    Fairune (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until August 13
    Parking Star 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until August 13
    Squids Odyssey (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until August 13
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - €7.99 / £7.19 until August 13
    Castle Conqueror Defender (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £2.79 until August 20
    Demon King Box (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.39 until August 20
    Quell Memento (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.39 until August 20
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 21
    Bit Boy!! ARCADE (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until August 27
    PUZZLEBOX setup (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until August 27
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

(not listed: the same zillion shovelware games that go on sale every other week)

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Despite a cool concept and a big world map Canvaleon simply isn't worth playing. Controls are awkward. Your character moves too slow or uncontrollably fast. The jump is too high for the screen scrolling and is off from the get go. New prints are crazy expensive and have to be repaired constantly. The camouflage system is poorly implemented and one hit kills make each level tedious and long.

It's certainly playable but not worthwhile on the platform heavy Wii u.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Assorted eShop news:

-A-Train City Simulator (3DS) got a permanent price drop to $19.99

-Freedom Planet (Wii U) was supposed to be out this week in NA but it got pushed back to August 13

-Typoman (Wii U) will be out in NA/PAL-land on September 16

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm sure everyone will be chomping at the bit for a bad looking Limbo ripoff five days after Super Mario Maker.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm excited that Squeak Squad came out, I'd been wanting to play it for a long time but finding a copy was extremely difficult. I would be excited about Crystal Shards, but I have the 20th Anniversary Kirby game for the Wii which has basically every Kirby game up to the N64 (mostly I got it to play Kirby's Dream Land 2 again).

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL Wii U dudes, Xenoblade (Wii) is available to download on Wii U right now! Price is €19.99 / £17.99, and owning the digital version will let you get a launch discount (£9, probably €10) on the digital version of Xenoblade X when it's released in December.

EDIT: you'll be able to play it using the gamepad buttons, too. No need for a wiimote if you don't own one.

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy

PAL Wii U dudes, Xenoblade (Wii) is available to download on Wii U right now! Price is €19.99 / £17.99, and owning the digital version will let you get a launch discount (£9, probably €10) on the digital version of Xenoblade X when it's released in December.

EDIT: you'll be able to play it using the gamepad buttons, too. No need for a wiimote if you don't own one.

loving bastards i paid £50 for it on ebay

i thought the 3ds version meant that they never would put it on wii u

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's all the indie games they're showing at Gamescom, not that it'll affect most of us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHVifeay43g

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

irlZaphod posted:

I wish they'd put out Xenoblade on the Wii Classics for WiiU so that I could play it on the Gamepad.

omfg I just started playing the Wii copy I bought years ago.

Also it looks like Nintendo listened to my cries for help.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Think I'm gonna buy the eShop version of XB and eBay my physical copy, can probably still get £30 for it. That discount on XBC will probably only put it at around the same price as an Amazon copy, but I think there's a big loading time advantage with digital in that game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's not a loading issue exactly... the comparatively slow read speed from the disc causes some extra pop-in that's alleviated by playing the digital version.

You can also download some optional data packs that let you stream the necessary data from your hard drive even if you own the disc version, but the data packs are 25GB or something stupid, so you might as well buy digitally.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guess I'll finally have to hook up that external HD I bought two years ago.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

havent finished xenoblade after 50 hours on my wii with regionlock hack, being able to play OFF TV on a native region without gecko OS poo poo and wiimote sounds awesome. wonder how much gigs it is.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Somewhere between 4 and 6 GB? I know it was somewhere in the 6000's of numbers when I downloaded it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Two stealth GBA ratings in NA: Golden Sun: The Lost Age and Onimusha Tactics. How's Onimusha?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Two stealth GBA ratings in NA: Golden Sun: The Lost Age and Onimusha Tactics. How's Onimusha?

An incredibly generic SRPG. I don't think I played it much back in the day, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not offensively bad like Hoshigami but pretty boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy
I've been playing Xenoblade for about 50 hours and although I've loved it I'm now desperate for it to end. Can someone tell me how far away I am? I just reached the Bionis Heart and found that I'm too under-leveled to beat Melia's gross mutated telethia brother. So I'd also appreciate any tips for quick EXP.

I thought for sure I'd reached the final boss ages ago... but it's still giving me side quests aaaaaaaaaaah