Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's still good gravy with the additions, but it's not the traditional recipe. Again, going back to the farmer breakfast thing. Simple, hearty fare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Please no

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

No thank you

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
Eh, I'd try it if I were kinda drunk.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Skinny King Pimp posted:

bacon grease instead of sausage grease

Why not both?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So I decided to try out the Lays West Coast Truffle Fries Wavy Chips, and I'd say they're pretty good, they have a subtle earthy taste to them that's nice and satisfying

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

So simple, and yet so wrong. It's sort of beautiful in its own way.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
And now for something completely different:

Crab sticks with aioli dip. All in one go. :getin:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

This is no worse then me putting crushed sea salt on my ice cream.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's the meat that flavors the gravy it's supposed to be fairly simple. If you want fancier gravy just use better sausage.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gridlocked posted:

This is no worse then me putting crushed sea salt on my ice cream.

No, in that they are both horrible.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

PCOS Bill posted:

No, in that they are both horrible.

Roasted peanuts, melted chocolate and some crushed sea salt on vanilla ice cream. :getin:

I mean it's no strawberry but it has suddenly become very very hard to get good strawberry ice cream for me.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
does your store not carry häagen-dazs?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

So I decided to try out the Lays West Coast Truffle Fries Wavy Chips, and I'd say they're pretty good, they have a subtle earthy taste to them that's nice and satisfying
Those are next on my list. I tried the Greektown Gyro ones today and they hardly tasted like anything. :( I preferred the Tzatziki ones from the Canadian promotion last year.

Also: Bacon jam looks awful, but is delicious, whether alone on toast, on a sandwich, or on a burger.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

I grew up with someone who would like this. He used to dip french fries in ice cream.

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser

stuxracer posted:

I grew up with someone who would like this. He used to dip french fries in ice cream.

this would probably be okay, adding the salt and crunch to a sweet flavor is always a good combo, but the pepper might be a bit much

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

If you don't like dipping Wendy's fries in a Frosty you might be broken

I used that "free jr frosty all year" deal as a dipping sauce :chef:

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

I love the "plating" and the drip of ice cream sweat on the chip bag

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005

death .cab for qt posted:

did it ever go bad

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
This may be a little late for the poutine chat, but this is my favorite poutine gravy recipe. It is vegetarian, and nobody believes how amazing it is until they try it.

Anyway, content:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

rodbeard posted:

It's the meat that flavors the gravy it's supposed to be fairly simple. If you want fancier gravy just use better sausage.

The secret ingredient in sawmill gravy is actual sawdust.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

death .cab for qt posted:

Hello fellow Wendy's Comrade, I can already tell you have good taste(Frostys are among the best "shake" type desserts in fast food in my opinion), what's your opinion on their Chicken Nuggets(which in my opinion are only really rivaled by McDonalds' nuggets but those are quite different in nature)?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Hello fellow Wendy's Comrade, I can already tell you have good taste(Frostys are among the best "shake" type desserts in fast food in my opinion), what's your opinion on their Chicken Nuggets(which in my opinion are only really rivaled by McDonalds' nuggets but those are quite different in nature)?

Uninvolved third party here chiming in about bad food that everyone knows is bad. Wendy's has the best nugs of the two but they decided 'man are fries are really good! ...Let's stop that!' for some reason. Still better than McDonalds though.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie
Fries and a thickshake is the best combination. Proper thick cut fries and a chocolate or chocolate and spearmint thickshake.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Kakairo posted:

They're one of the standard flavors in England ("prawn cocktail"), but since I'm not big into shrimp I've never tried them.

Prawn Cocktail crisps taste nothing like shrimp/prawns or any other seafood you should definitely try them before you make assumptions.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Laserjet 4P posted:

And now for something completely different:

Crab sticks with aioli dip. All in one go. :getin:

those arent even crab, most places sell that as "krab" and its actually mostly cuttlefish if i remember correctly

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Haverchuck posted:

those arent even crab, most places sell that as "krab" and its actually mostly cuttlefish if i remember correctly

Actually it is mostly pollock.

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008
Also I'm pretty sure it stops being an aioli "dip" when you apply it directly via firehose.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Reconstituted and dyed pollock with aioli splut.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Actually, it's called surimi.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
In Britain the product is sometimes known as Ocean Sticks, lol

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

RareAcumen posted:

Uninvolved third party here chiming in about bad food that everyone knows is bad. Wendy's has the best nugs of the two but they decided 'man are fries are really good! ...Let's stop that!' for some reason. Still better than McDonalds though.

Aw man, I thought the fries tasted different. I thought the Wendy's by me was just lovely.

I had a friend of mine in middle school who dipped chips in strawberry yogurt. Similar concept I guess to the chips and ice cream/fries in frosty but it seems very barf-o to me.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

This may be a little late for the poutine chat, but this is my favorite poutine gravy recipe. It is vegetarian, and nobody believes how amazing it is until they try it.

Anyway, content:

:barf:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So is aioli like salsa? Just the word 'sauce' in a different language and white people were like "ooh, so fancy and exotic!"

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Garlic mayo, essentially

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

So is aioli like salsa? Just the word 'sauce' in a different language and white people were like "ooh, so fancy and exotic!"

To be fair, every culture across the world is that way. Introduce something mostly familiar but with a slightly foreign twist and with a foreign name and people will have that reaction and it'll be popular. It's just how humanity is.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
The exotic languages of French and Spanish, rarely heard in Europe or spoken by white people.

Also, no, most things people would call salsa have extremely little in common with aioli.

Waci has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Aug 2, 2015

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

It's only similar in that a load of people (I've mostly seen this in the US but has popped up here too) have taken 'aioli' to be some kind of a generic 'base' sauce.

Aioli is called that because it is specifically a kind of garlic mayonnaise. Period. For some reason though, any 'mayonnaise plus other poo poo in it' sauce seems to be called aioli in english these days. I guess it doesn't really matter but c'mon people. I wonder when that started happening exactly? I definitely remember lots of <blank> mayonnaise for ages until <blank> aioli came along a few years ago. Just marketing I guess, it's not like mayonnaise is exactly seen as gourmet. Aioli is fuckin' great in any case but I am a garlic fiend.

edit: Ail is garlic in French.

NLJP has a new favorite as of 21:34 on Aug 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Food Review: Jolly Rancher Chews Depression Squares

Today, I was too depressed to eat real food, let alone an entire hot dog, nachos and beer. So, I got these:

They were decidedly un-chewy. I think maybe they were expired. I choked on the first one, apple, because it was slightly more sour than I expected. My jaw hurts now. I could not finish the box.

To counteract this woeful review, please watch this video about a tiny Japanese pizza-making kit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R06wOny6Uk8

• Locked thread