Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
So, after watching Metalder episode 25 and 25, I want to know, has any group done Gavan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

So, after watching Metalder episode 25 and 25, I want to know, has any group done Gavan?

It's one of the next projects MillionFold Curiosity are doing. https://twitter.com/MegaAnon/status/595414576063238145

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

maybeflan posted:

It's one of the next projects MillionFold Curiosity are doing. https://twitter.com/MegaAnon/status/595414576063238145

Neat!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AzraelNewtype posted:

That's accurate. Remember, it's canon that the dog dies.

6 seconds after Gil rides off screen for the last time.

There will be no end to his sorrows.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

AzraelNewtype posted:

That's accurate. Remember, it's canon that the dog dies.

Wow, Ryo/Gills really is the universe's punching bag isn't he?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

In this episode of Shurikenger, Yakumo and Kinji surpass themselves by thinking creatively. They are rewarded by Takaharu taking the super mode and beating the villain.

Their challenge was surpassing Takaharu. They respond by saying they haven't, after actually beating their challenge in a creative way Takaharu could've never done.

It's pretty sad to see, really. Shurikenger had managed to stop being Takaharu: The Series, then went right back to it with the Chozetsu thing, despite being usable by everyone.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
^Ninninger. But your point stands.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

jivjov posted:

^Ninninger. But your point stands.

Oh whoops. I was so blinded with rage I wrote the wrong thing. My bad!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh whoops. I was so blinded with rage I wrote the wrong thing. My bad!

You know, I'm really glad I gave this piece of poo poo sentai a miss and went back to watch Kyoruger.

also, my Akarenger figuarts came in on monday and I'm loving him to death, one of the best figuarts I own! He's larger than life! Towering over the Riders like the man should, HE'S A BIG MAN WITH BIG POWER, THE FIRST, THE BEST (at least until I can lay mitts on a Kyoru Red, anyway)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

You know, I'm really glad I gave this piece of poo poo sentai a miss and went back to watch Kyoruger.

also, my Akarenger figuarts came in on monday and I'm loving him to death, one of the best figuarts I own! He's larger than life! Towering over the Riders like the man should, HE'S A BIG MAN WITH BIG POWER, THE FIRST, THE BEST (at least until I can lay mitts on a Kyoru Red, anyway)

What I'm saying is, it's 25 bucks well spent at amazon. Go get one.

now.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
I'm just waiting for Nagi to upstairs and never been seen again. And for no one to notice.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Blaze Dragon posted:

In this episode of Shurikenger, Yakumo and Kinji surpass themselves by thinking creatively. They are rewarded by Takaharu taking the super mode and beating the villain.

Their challenge was surpassing Takaharu. They respond by saying they haven't, after actually beating their challenge in a creative way Takaharu could've never done.

It's pretty sad to see, really. Shurikenger had managed to stop being Takaharu: The Series, then went right back to it with the Chozetsu thing, despite being usable by everyone.

It's especially sad because when the series started they at least were trying to pretend that Yakumo and Kinji were about equal to Takaharu and were his rivals, now it's not even that.

Like even the preview tries to suggest next episode is going to be Nagi + Kasumi, but it's still Takaharu fighting the monster.

I wonder if part of this is due to the toy design; Takaharu's model is featured sure prominently on all of them because he's always outside the suit, I wonder if the reason it's so Takaharu focused is because he's a major part of the merchandise.

Also this was the first time that Ninja Dad has shown up in like 4 episodes. I was missing him.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

How is Metalder, by the way? I thought I heard someone say it was awesome. I do kind of want to see the metal hero shows, because they look pretty insane, but I don't know if they've been subbed or are worth the effort. Jiraya and kabutak looks batshit crazy :v:

I havent really gone all in with buying mania of all the toys/weapons/gimmick poo poo since Gokaiger but... I think Ghost might rope me in

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 30, 2015

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

How is Metalder, by the way? I thought I heard someone say it was awesome. I do kind of want to see the metal hero shows, because they look pretty insane, but I don't know if they've been subbed or are worth the effort. Jiraya and kabutak looks batshit crazy :v:

I havent really gone all in with buying mania of all the toys/weapons/gimmick poo poo since Gokaiger but... I think Ghost might rope me in

It is very entertaining.

Firstly, realize that Metalder himself is not very good, he's a little bit of a bumbler, and kind of sucks at fighting. He gets his rear end handily kicked by the badguys in the first episode, and he seems to be made out of tin-foil.

That said, he gets better, and has an a lot of really interesting enemies.

The Costume design is excellent, really top notch stuff, bordering on the same quality as Kamen Rider Black's monsters at times. They bothered to give them personalities and their own trials and tribulations, the biggest payoffs on this is, of course, Top Gunder, but there are moments where it really shines and makes for some of my favorite episodes.

Translation's a little odd at times, particularly later in the series, but as far as HK subs go, it's passable.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Best part of this week's Drive;

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Stallion Cabana posted:

Best part of this week's Drive;

He was super beside himself when Chase handed him the axe and ran off. Chase is the ultimate king of passive aggression, and I'm fairly certain he has no idea.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The scene with Chase holding out the driver's license application out at Gou was pretty great too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Potsticker posted:

The scene with Chase holding out the driver's license application out at Gou was pretty great too.

Chase is the complete opposite of Gou in terms of disposition and it's wonderful.

It'll be a bit sad to see them go. Especially without another upgrade for them

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150730-00000286-sph-ent

Yahoo Japan article on Ghost.

According to a tumblr:

quote:

The article states that Ghost will be officially unveiled on the 31st.

With a unique, never-before-seen ghost/haunted theme, Kamen Rider Ghost will premiere on October 4th. Themes such as “the secret to becoming a hero” and “accepting the feelings of great men” will also be present in the series.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I really hope historical figures appear ala Obi-Wan Kenobi ghost when he henshins into his various forms

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I hope they are like the engine souls and hang around all the time. Like shift cars-- but with voices!

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
I've been watching Kamen Rider W on this thread's recommendation and really enjoying it so far (just finished episode 14). I've really liked the pacing and how they always manage to put some sort of plot progression or setup in all the episodes. In contrast, Kamen Rider Black is a lot more aimless after the first few episodes. Some episodes were funny or interesting but I got burnt out after a while. I'll definitely come back to it though, I like Tetsuo Kurata's performance not to (his character is 80% "drat you, golgom" but he makes it so gosh-darn endearing :allears:) but it will probably be using burk's guide to skip the filler.

By the by, what do you guys like about Drive? Between watching W, Ghost coming up and college being soon I don't think I'll have time for it now but I want to see if it might be my speed.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Rent-a-Bot posted:

I've been watching Kamen Rider W on this thread's recommendation and really enjoying it so far (just finished episode 14). I've really liked the pacing and how they always manage to put some sort of plot progression or setup in all the episodes. In contrast, Kamen Rider Black is a lot more aimless after the first few episodes. Some episodes were funny or interesting but I got burnt out after a while. I'll definitely come back to it though, I like Tetsuo Kurata's performance not to (his character is 80% "drat you, golgom" but he makes it so gosh-darn endearing :allears:) but it will probably be using burk's guide to skip the filler.

By the by, what do you guys like about Drive? Between watching W, Ghost coming up and college being soon I don't think I'll have time for it now but I want to see if it might be my speed.

Drive is a pretty cool police show, though that's gotten a little less so later but other stuff has replaced it

The suits are amazing in appearance, even the ones that look like they'd look terrible pull off some beautiful things when they're running around; both Formula and Tridorion looked like they would be kind of eh, but once they get moving are really nice looking suits. Only one really looks 'bad'.

The Riders themselves are all varied characters and are generally likeable people. Drive himself can be very Spider-man at times, right up to quipping at his opponents. Plus, as that picture I posted earlier shows, there's some pretty good jokes in how they interact with each other.

The Villains are really good. There are some issues with their costumes (like Medic's), but overall their costumes are really cool and their actual characters are pretty engaging. Heart is one of my favorite villains ever.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
I love the use of Mad Doctor and Stop as debuff attacks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is it bad that I want a Ghost/Go-Busters crossover just for the pun?

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
Liar is the most ridiculous dopant, he literally collects the tears of his victims :allears: W is the best, at this point what I'm most anticipating is the inevitable moment when Shotao and Phillip get to ride Terui in motorcycle mode. It's all I can think about when I saw he could do that.

EDIT: And of course as I post that, it literally happens later in the episode I'm watching. Episode 24 is amazing.

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 2, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rent-a-Bot posted:

Liar is the most ridiculous dopant, he literally collects the tears of his victims :allears: W is the best, at this point what I'm most anticipating is the inevitable moment when Shotao and Phillip get to ride Terui in motorcycle mode. It's all I can think about when I saw he could do that.

EDIT: And of course as I post that, it literally happens later in the episode I'm watching. Episode 24 is amazing.

That whole final scene, from Shotaro's clown act to "Phillip is the girl and I'm a boy. But I'm a girl and Phillip is the boy" is the best.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it bad that I want a Ghost/Go-Busters crossover just for the pun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih0hmi9s1cw

It would be this

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Entirely satisfied with that potential turn of events, tbh

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
So recently I started watching Shinkenger, and I have to say that the Sushi Samurai is the best thing ever. :allears: Everyone was just so flabbergasted by him and he just seems like a fun character. Shinkenger just seems to get better and better the more I watch it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I hope someone subs the ToQ7 movie...I watched the raw, but I do so love actually understanding plot nuance.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Okay I'm kind of liking how they're setting up the Drive movie to be in continuity with the series but also AU like Kabuto did. I'm just hoping that Krim showing up in the last two episodes actually has some payoff in the series itself and isn't just a "WATCH OUR MOVIE" thing.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Twelve by Pies posted:

Okay I'm kind of liking how they're setting up the Drive movie to be in continuity with the series but also AU like Kabuto did. I'm just hoping that Krim showing up in the last two episodes actually has some payoff in the series itself and isn't just a "WATCH OUR MOVIE" thing.

I think that specific Krim is Roidmude 4 tbh; they pointed even Heart has no idea where he is, we haven't seen his human form at all, he just shows up and steals the belt; and we know that part of the movie involves Evil Krim making Kamen Rider Future Drive. He might even be the Paradox Roidmude that apparently shows up in the movie.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Stallion Cabana posted:

I think that specific Krim is Roidmude 4 tbh; they pointed even Heart has no idea where he is, we haven't seen his human form at all, he just shows up and steals the belt; and we know that part of the movie involves Evil Krim making Kamen Rider Future Drive. He might even be the Paradox Roidmude that apparently shows up in the movie.

This makes a lot of sense. Didn't Roidmudes assassinate Krim's meat body? It makes sense that one of them might have done an imprint while they were there.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Stallion Cabana posted:

Nope, apparently, 108 is the Paradox Roidmude.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Pyroi posted:

Nope, apparently, 108 is the Paradox Roidmude.

that's very appropriate

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm guessing the Promised Four will be Heart, Brain, Medic and possibly Chase
Edit: Scratch that last one as apparently, 000 can't be a Promised Number

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Aug 3, 2015

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Chase is gonna get hugged by Gou or Kiriko and immediately go super saiyan.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

NotALizardman posted:

Chase is gonna get hugged by Gou or Kiriko and immediately go super saiyan.

It'll be Gou, and Chase will realize his emotion/theme. "Family".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
There's some manner of ranger key set being announced on the 7th. I'm really hoping its ToQ/Ninnin keys.

http://p-bandai.jp/gashadepa/special-1000004966/

• Locked thread