Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Mob posted:

Russo has never had a booking idea that wasn't "book the heels as faces, book the faces as dumbos"

Sure, and that stuff wasn't surprising I guess. But what really got me was the thing about "ah, it's ok to lose a huge chunk of our fans, there will always be more of them". I mean not only is that obviously nonsense, but Russo himself has disproved the notion several times. I know I shouldn't expect that he'd have learned from his mistakes but... Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
That's wrong because he also had "Old star bequeaths his gimmick to younger star"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
And "Sex toy on Pole"

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 28, 2015

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

"Bray Wyatt is in the ring. DEH, the lights go out, lights come back on, Bray Wyatt is still in the ring."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeathChicken posted:

"Bray Wyatt is in the ring. DEH, the lights go out, lights come back on, Bray Wyatt is still in the ring."

That was legitimately funny as gently caress though. Like, not ironically.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TomWaitsForNoMan was it this guy? The promoter for IPW:UK:
https://twitter.com/danieledler

I agree with you on PROGRESS's booking of that match. Pretty much perfect.

Although PROGRESS has it's Russo moments with swerves, turns and factions to be fair.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I sent a tweet to Russo saying I heard he wanted to do that double turn and I'm glad he's out of work. I hope this will inspire a rant from him, perhaps explaining that "Look bro, I know this business people want to be surprised and pissed off not go home happy and planning to come to the next show"

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

rovert posted:

TomWaitsForNoMan was it this guy? The promoter for IPW:UK:
https://twitter.com/danieledler

I agree with you on PROGRESS's booking of that match. Pretty much perfect.

Although PROGRESS has it's Russo moments with swerves, turns and factions to be fair.

Oh wow, yeah, that's the guy.

And you may well be right about PROGRESS booking, I've only been into it for a few months so I might have missed some bad stuff. I haven't found anything objectionable recently though, with the exception of the interminable Faceless angle leading to Cruz/Ligero becoming tag champs without winning a match, losing them on their first defence, and then seemingly doing nothing

goc posted:

I sent a tweet to Russo saying I heard he wanted to do that double turn and I'm glad he's out of work. I hope this will inspire a rant from him, perhaps explaining that "Look bro, I know this business people want to be surprised and pissed off not go home happy and planning to come to the next show"

Hahahaha, well tbf I don't know how much of that lovely idea came from Russo and how much came from the guy Rovert linked to, but w/e

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

While that guy sounds insufferable, at the ROH show I went to here in Minneapolis a couple months ago we had an entire section of the crowd that was worse than him. I'm pretty sure it was basically friends and family of ODB, as they all left immediately after her match. There was one guy who looked EXACTLY like Ray Wise from Robocop, but it was his friend who was the annoying one. Basically every time anyone did anything he would go "oh yeah I'm sure that hurt ha ha ha ha it's FAKE." And then his friend and their wives would all laugh.

That section leaving (it was about 30 people, with that guy being the worst of it) actually got a pop when they all filed out because everyone on either side of them just loving hated them. They didn't come back to the event a couple weeks ago, at least not in force like that first time.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

goc posted:

Russo responded by blocking me. I logged out to see what I missed and he's offering to work for/with E-Feds now lol

goc fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 29, 2015

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE
Christ, IPW has fallen.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Elder may or may have spent that night in a police cell.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

rovert posted:

Well IPW:UK isn't hiding their Vince Russo association since they have this on their twitter page:

quote:

The best PRO WRESTLING shows since '04. Next shows - 9th AUG (Tonbridge), 23rd AUG (Chatham, 18+). EIP @TheVinceRusso. Owner @danieledler.

So I am inclined to believe that story about Russo thinking PROGRESS should have done a double turn is legit. I've only been blocked by one person on twitter so I guess I should feel special that it was Vince Russo. I kind of wish he hadn't though because I could probably pay him like $10 and get him to read all my 1983 fantasy booking on a different board and laugh at whatever god awful feedback he would give me.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

goc posted:

Well IPW:UK isn't hiding their Vince Russo association since they have this on their twitter page:

So I am inclined to believe that story about Russo thinking PROGRESS should have done a double turn is legit. I've only been blocked by one person on twitter so I guess I should feel special that it was Russo.

I'm only blocked by one person and yes you guessed it, it's Russo. It was when the TNA news broke and he was moaning about people coming to him a lot about it and I suggested that it's because his name was synonymous with wrestling failure. To be fair I'm not surprised he blocked me.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

rovert posted:

I can neither confirm nor deny this, nor confirm nor deny that this wouldn't be the first time.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm also blocked by one person and while not Russo it is also a crappy booker: Adam Pearce

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
The guy I spoke to looked exactly like the guy in that twitter account's photo, introduced himself as Dan, talked about booking shows in Kent with Russo, and was wearing an IPW:UK T-Shirt. That last thing should have been a giveaway but I perhaps unfairly thought wearing your own promotion's shirt to someone else's show would be kind of gauche.

My point is if he did spend the night in a cell it was either sometime after the first 3 matches of that show or I was talking to the world's most talented impersonator doing the world's most obscure act

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 29, 2015

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm not blocked by anything and Sid agreed to attend my funeral. My life is pretty cool.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

The guy I spoke to looked exactly like the guy in that twitter account's photo, introduced himself as Dan, talked about booking shows in Kent with Russo, and was wearing an IPW:UK T-Shirt. That last thing should have been a giveaway but I perhaps unfairly thought wearing your own promotion's shirt to someone else's show would be kind of gauche.

My point is if he did spend the night in a cell it was either sometime after the first 3 matches of that show or I was talking to the world's most talented impersonator doing the world's most obscure act

No that exactly sounds like him.

He wears his own promotions shirt to everything. Though considering the current state of IPW:UK booking I'm very amused he was critical of Progresses.

I think the description TNA:UK is not entirely unfair.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DrVenkman posted:

I'm only blocked by one person and yes you guessed it, it's Russo.

You would also be blocked by JBL if you've ever tweeted literally anything at him other than rear end-kissing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

NO.

This was after the PROGRESS show. I guess he spent the night/early morning in the drunk tank. Not disputing you at all.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

rovert posted:

NO.

This was after the PROGRESS show. I guess he spent the night/early morning in the drunk tank. Not disputing you at all.

Didn't mean for my post to be hostile or defensive at all, sorry. I didn't think you were casting aspersions, I was just saying that I was pretty sure the guy you linked to was the guy I spoke to because I misread goc's last post.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Didn't mean for my post to be hostile or defensive at all, sorry. I didn't think you were casting aspersions, I was just saying that I was pretty sure the guy you linked to was the guy I spoke to because I misread goc's last post.

I'm not really sure why I ended up quoting rovert in that post, all I was really doing was trying to say I think your story about that dude & Russo checks out since it's right there on his company's twitter page.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

goc posted:

I'm not really sure why I ended up quoting rovert in that post, all I was really doing was trying to say I think your story about that dude & Russo checks out since it's right there on his company's twitter page.

Oh I know, I misread you the first time and thought you were saying the opposite. Sorry, my mistake

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I'm not blocked by anything and Sid agreed to attend my funeral. My life is pretty cool.

A bit weird to have a funeral at a softball game, but good for you.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Comments section on an article about Piper's thought's about Hogan.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
I was just in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN and Paula Deen has a department store and restaurant there that seemed to be doing well, so... pretty poor crucifixion.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Comments section on an article about Piper's thought's about Hogan.

What a stupid loving comment. As if Vince McMahon would do anything in his company for Social Justice. He does it for the MONAY. That's how you can tell someone knows nothing about wrestling. It reminds me that someone showed me a comment of someone saying "We should boycot the WWE games and give them a reputation of being horrible!" And it's like "They already have that reputation, do you actually know anything about the WWE or are you just trying to drag your bullshit into it?"

I can't even decipher what Bill is trying to say.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

What a stupid loving comment. As if Vince McMahon would do anything in his company for Social Justice. He does it for the MONAY. That's how you can tell someone knows nothing about wrestling. It reminds me that someone showed me a comment of someone saying "We should boycot the WWE games and give them a reputation of being horrible!" And it's like "They already have that reputation, do you actually know anything about the WWE or are you just trying to drag your bullshit into it?"

I can't even decipher what Bill is trying to say.

Bill's basically saying "he said bad poo poo but isn't racist/a Hater for it"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Chris James 2 posted:

Bill's basically saying "he said bad poo poo but isn't racist/a Hater for it"

I'm pretty sure when you flat out say "I'm a racist" that just makes you a racist. I mean it's not just that Hogan said bad poo poo, he literally flat out said "I'm a Racist"

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/627701664179355648

The responses are hilarious

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

What's the context for this?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Blasmeister posted:

What's the context for this?

Dana White calling wrestling fake and a bunch of people getting butthurt over it

Oh and @gradearadio is a great account for this thread as well

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
Why the gently caress are people getting all upset over the word fake? Dave's tweet was spot on.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they were raised/trained to protect the biz

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
UFC is a work. Hulk Hogan said so.

Wee aside, Terry Funk actually predicted that UFC would move towards becoming a work as the sport continued to develop and he was sort of right when it comes to the build.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Gonzo McFee posted:

UFC is a work. Hulk Hogan said so.

Wee aside, Terry Funk actually predicted that UFC would move towards becoming a work as the sport continued to develop and he was sort of right when it comes to the build.

It happens with anything like that when it starts to become bigger. The more people get interested the more you need to keep them interested, so the 'entertainment' side tends to come through. I don't know that UFC will ever be a 'work', but the preamble is the same hype poo poo we've had in boxing for years. It won't be long before UFC gets their own Don King.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I can see why people'd be upset by "fake," since it seems to discredit all the risk and athleticism. Its still silly to make a huge stink over though unless meant as obvious disrespect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

You missed the most amazing tweet of the night