Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Biden's son Beau died recently. Of brain cancer, no less.

I knew Beau had died but it was more the "gay" comment because I thought Beau had a wife and kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Thundercock
Aug 1, 2015
i just enjoy calling people gay, it means nothing.

e: im gay

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I knew Beau had died but it was more the "gay" comment because I thought Beau had a wife and kids.

Do yourself a favor and watch Heathers.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Necc0 posted:

There's only two months left iirc to declare before the first states start shutting out candidates so he doesn't have much time left. Two months isn't exactly enough time to 'begin consideration'

He's not running

New York Times seems to like writing pieces about how Hillary is totally hosed because [reason]. I'm surprised they waited this long to claim Biden is totally running.

If he was going to run he would have actually done some sort of preparation of a level beyond people having lunch and calling the V.P. whose role in the administration is coordinating with democratic legislators and whose son just died.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

tell me this isnt recent :smith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Pro-click as gently caress

quote:

Well my hope is he will in fact get the Republican nomination and that he will proceed to lose all fifty states. Because I believe that the craziness that he in fact represents, that has taken hold of the Republican Party over the last ten years, since the rise of the Tea Party, in not a winnable, a winning coalition. And it has to be completely destroyed, salt plowed into the earth. Then maybe phoenix-like, a new sane pragmatic Republican Party can arise that can in fact win the White House.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
When will people ever learn that accelerationism does not work.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I hope Diamond Joe doesn't run. Poor bastard has had such a rough life, him retiring and spending more time with his family would be for the best.

Although I would like to see him absolutely murder Trump in a debate.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I'm beginning to believe Trump when he says he'd get along well with Putin.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The key paragraph:

quote:

On Saturday, the New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd reported that Mr. Biden had been holding meetings at his residence, “talking to friends, family and donors about jumping in” to challenge Mrs. Clinton in Iowa and New Hampshire, the first two nominating states.

It's important to know that Dowd haaaaaaaaates the Clintons, and not surprising to see that she was the one who started this boomlet. The Post has a less bullish take on Bidenmentum.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Thump! posted:

him retiring and spending more time with his family would be for the best.

You know most of his family is dead now, right?

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Feral_Shofixti posted:

Huh? I thought it was only his son that had died, his wife still lives doesn't she?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

PrBacterio posted:

Huh? I thought it was only his son that had died, his wife still lives doesn't she?

Second wife, first one died in a car accident. This wasn't his first offspring to die either, IIRC.

Naked Lincoln
Jan 19, 2010

Feral_Shofixti posted:

Second wife, first one died in a car accident. This wasn't his first offspring to die either, IIRC.

He has two children and something like three granddaughters.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Feral_Shofixti posted:

I know, I think it'd be best to appreciate what's left I guess :smith:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Feral_Shofixti posted:

Their baby girl died in the same accident. This was in the 70s, I think.

It's (literally) incredible in terms of sheer fortitude that at this stage he'd still be contemplating going for the presidency.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So Bush gave an interview in Spanish for Telemundo and apparently actually had the balls to clearly state his border/illegal immigrant stance for the Latino audience, which I agree with, sans fine. English proficiency and no benefits for illegal entrants to gain legal status is good enough for me.

Maybe I should pump the brakes on diving down into the Trump rabbit hole. Or maybe I should credit him with influencing others to be blunt and pull no punches.

"'To arrive here legally has to be easier than to arrive here illegally,' said Bush. Like other Republicans, he wants to see U.S. borders secured BEFORE allowing the country's estimated 11 million immigrants in the U.S. illegally to obtain legal status. 'I know we can do it,' he said.

Bush said immigrants in the country illegally would have to pay 'a small fine' and learn English to remain in the country as legal residents, and would not be eligible for government benefits."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150801/us-gop-2016-bush-telemundo-0745177e08.html

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
WSJ/NBC poll:
Trump:19%
Walker:15%
Bush:14%
Carson:10
Cruz 9
Huckabee 6
Paul 6
Rubio 5
Christie Perry Kasich all 3%
http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-leads-republican-presidential-pack-wsj-nbc-poll-finds-1438520400

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Antti posted:

It's (literally) incredible in terms of sheer fortitude that at this stage he'd still be contemplating going for the presidency.

Sheer fuckyougotmine

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Chris Christie posted:

So Bush gave an interview in Spanish for Telemundo and apparently actually had the balls to clearly state his border/illegal immigrant stance for the Latino audience, which I agree with, sans fine. English proficiency and no benefits for illegal entrants to gain legal status is good enough for me.

Maybe I should pump the brakes on diving down into the Trump rabbit hole. Or maybe I should credit him with influencing others to be blunt and pull no punches.

"'To arrive here legally has to be easier than to arrive here illegally,' said Bush. Like other Republicans, he wants to see U.S. borders secured BEFORE allowing the country's estimated 11 million immigrants in the U.S. illegally to obtain legal status. 'I know we can do it,' he said.

Bush said immigrants in the country illegally would have to pay 'a small fine' and learn English to remain in the country as legal residents, and would not be eligible for government benefits."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150801/us-gop-2016-bush-telemundo-0745177e08.html

quote:

As for his favorite music, Bush said he loved country, Christian, rap and Latin. He said he became a recent fan of Pitbull, the wildly popular bilingual rapper from Miami ("I listen to his music") and has been a longtime fan of Michael W. Smith, a Grammy-winning Christian music star ("Got a great voice").

I just hope to God I never get stuck in a car where he's got control of the radio.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

WSJ/NBC poll:
Trump:19%
Walker:15%
Bush:14%
Carson:10
Cruz 9
Huckabee 6
Paul 6
Rubio 5
Christie Perry Kasich all 3%
http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-leads-republican-presidential-pack-wsj-nbc-poll-finds-1438520400

I will never forgive GOP primary poll participants if they let that Lehman Brothers rear end-hole into the adult table debate and deny me the spectacle of Rick Perry stumbling and bumbling his way into a fight with Trump.

Someone needs to start pumping the airways TODAY with simple ads about the 2008 crash, Lehman Brothers, and "Managing Director John Kasich."

The crash was so toxic it gave us a completely unqualified clown for a President. Take this Wall-Street slime down before he gets enough traction to start getting big donations from his buddies.

Chris Christie fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 2, 2015

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Antti posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what his Dead Gay Son meant when he said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/02/opinion/sunday/maureen-dowd-joe-biden-in-2016-what-would-beau-do.html?pagewanted=all

quote:

He tried to make his father promise to run, arguing that the White House should not revert to the Clintons and that the country would be better off with Biden values.

What the gently caress are "Biden values"

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 2, 2015

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what his Dead Gay Son meant when he said:

http://time.com/3981228/beau-biden-joe-biden-president/

Keep your whip shiny and pimp-slap any libertarian rear end in a top hat within range.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

EugeneJ posted:

• Literally calling out Malarkey while smiling a dazzling smile.
  • Never shirking from letting people know when something is a big loving deal.
  • Telling people about Joey growing up in Scranton.
  • Empathizing with the common man.
  • Literally dropping the word "literally" into literally every other sentence.
  • Sharing your ice cream with children.
  • Always let the ladies know they're pretty.
  • Be America's cool grandpa.
  • Talking about family almost as much as Vin Diesel in a Fast and Furious movie.
  • Hating drugs too much.
  • Always drop a little something nice for the media to play over and over in any debate
  • Literally clown Rudy Giuliani on as big a stage as possible.
  • Always be personable.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I hope Biden runs and wins.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Gyges posted:

• Literally clown Rudy Giuliani on as big a stage as possible.

"I mean think about it, Rudy Giuliani, there's only three things he mentions in a sentence — a noun and a verb and 9/11 and I mean, there's nothing else."

Future generations will have the video, but they can never truly know how emotionally satisfying it was.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Rocks posted:

He will

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Rocks posted:

If there's some way he can simultaneously be President and Vice President, agreed.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Webb is picking up Joementum.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Manure spreader in a windstorm.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

The Donald is truly tapped into some sort of terrible zeitgeist.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

FAUXTON posted:

Called it. Trump rules.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Miltank posted:

Called it. Trump rules.

Yeah, this is a smart move on Trump's part.

Incidentally, if you were wondering just who these ultra-wealthy Republican donors attending this Koch summit are... well, too bad, they've forbidden the media from telling you their names.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

The key paragraph:

It's important to know that Dowd haaaaaaaaates the Clintons, and not surprising to see that she was the one who started this boomlet. The Post has a less bullish take on Bidenmentum.

Ahahahaha Maureen Dowd is so worthless.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Can you imagine the Biden vs Trump debates

GOLD VS DIAMONDS

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, this is a smart move on Trump's part.

Incidentally, if you were wondering just who these ultra-wealthy Republican donors attending this Koch summit are... well, too bad, they've forbidden the media from telling you their names.

We just need to get them to say something about Trump, and he'll call a press conference to read a list of their names followed by an individualized insult.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

FAUXTON posted:

More evidence for my belief that Trump is a plant candidate by Clinton to fracture the Republican primary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hillary uses rope to cordon off reporters: this is an OUTRAGE!!! :argh:

Republican donors literally tell reporters what they are and are not allowed to report: eh, what're ya gonna do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Locked thread