Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
Mirror is saying loads of Serie A teams want Balotelli... Lazio, Sampadoria, Bologna, Fiorentina

Galatasary on top of that. Surely he'll have a new team before the window closes. Shame to see him leave the premier league if that's the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

quiet enjoyment posted:

Mirror is saying loads of Serie A teams want Balotelli... Lazio, Sampadoria, Bologna, Fiorentina

Galatasary on top of that. Surely he'll have a new team before the window closes. Shame to see him leave the premier league if that's the case.

None of the Italian clubs will pay his wages though.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

reformed bad troll posted:

I remember in last years transfer thread when, after having a good World Cup he moved to Dinamo and the first comment was "lol rip valbuenas career" .

Goons can predict the future it's true.

I think that was probably the catalyst for Bielsa's first press conference where he announced he wouldn't play any of OM's new acquisitions because he wasn't consulted on any of them - he thought Valbuena was the best French player at the WC and was mad about Valbuena. I'd love to see him play in France again.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Worth a couple of million of anyone's money.

pdog
May 7, 2013
Yarmolenko said he is in talks wit Spurs on Ukrainian TV

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Does anyone know if its possible to transfer from the £27/month BT broadband package and still have BT Sport as part of a package with sky or talk talk. Many thanks!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Polidoro posted:

I just heard Daniel Osvaldo was registered by IA Sud América in the Uruguayan league. I hope this is for one of those triangulated money laundering transfers because lol if it's not.

He's signing for Porto now

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

trem_two posted:

He's signing for Porto now

Lol, of course he is. Someone please bomb this country.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Polidoro posted:

Lol, of course he is. Someone please bomb this country.

I'm curious, do you know how the loophole he is exploiting works?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Well it sounds liek he is nominally signed and paid by the uruguatan club and loaned to porto

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

trem_two posted:

I'm curious, do you know how the loophole he is exploiting works?

I'm not sure about the first part of the transfer in this case, but normally the original team sells their star player for peanuts to a poo poo team that fights relegation every year in our poo poo league and then they transfer them to a European club paying much lower taxes and the fee gets lost in the way. If Porto paid a fee in this case probably part of it went to someone in Porto. Sud América probably gets less than 50K USD for their services.

Hulk also "played" for a team here among others. It's an industry here and a lot of really small teams are run by foreign companies with the sole purpose of doing these kinds of deals.

It's also a way to cover third party ownership supposedly.

The best part about this transfer is that this club was banned from transferring players for two years by FIFA less than two years ago and they were still allowed to do this.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Breath Ray posted:

Does anyone know if its possible to transfer from the £27/month BT broadband package and still have BT Sport as part of a package with sky or talk talk. Many thanks!

you can get BT channels on SKY

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

you can get BT channels on SKY

ya for £20/mo (sd) or £24/mo (hd). loving expensive.

if you have a sky sub it's probably worthwhile cancelling (don't just threaten to) to see what offers you can get. plenty of people get offered 50% off + credit to come back within the 30 day cancellation period.

it's not like they've cut their prices after losing CL and La Liga at all

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
sky must not care about midweek evening football much considering they're losing it all to focus on the premier league

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The price of BT Sport is going up from £0 to £5/month for me this season. I'm fuming.

Begall
Jul 28, 2008
There's enough cashback/vouchers/freebies going for new customers right now to get normal broadband + BT Sport HD for an effective £11/m for the next 12 months. Not much help for existing customers though.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
TV is a loving sham. Cut the cord and stop giving them your cash

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

pdog posted:

Yarmolenko said he is in talks wit Spurs on Ukrainian TV

He's going to be Rebrov II

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

After getting 2 teams relegated in a row Leroy Fer is probably joining sunderland. Yann M'vila too

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hardflip posted:

ya for £20/mo (sd) or £24/mo (hd). loving expensive.

if you have a sky sub it's probably worthwhile cancelling (don't just threaten to) to see what offers you can get. plenty of people get offered 50% off + credit to come back within the 30 day cancellation period.

it's not like they've cut their prices after losing CL and La Liga at all

It's a tenner innit?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Jose posted:

After getting 2 teams relegated in a row Leroy Fer is probably joining sunderland. Yann M'vila too

Fer-M'vila-Cattermole :getin:

pdog
May 7, 2013

Ewar Woowar posted:

He's going to be Rebrov II

Especially considering Rebrov is the dinamo manager

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Jose posted:

It doesn't matter who Sunderland buy, they're always going to be poo poo.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

It's a tenner innit?

if you're on sky/don't have bt broadband? no https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport-on-sky-packages/

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Apparently SWP signed for the New York Red Bulls last week.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jose posted:

sunderland trying to assemble a midfield full of quality players who are undervalued because they are convicts and rapists

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It used to be a tenner :( smh

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I pay about £95 quid a month for Sky, Sky Sports and the BT Sport Pack.

To be honest, if you watch a lot of football then the price isn't really an issue. But if you were looking to watch the odd super Sunday and a few Champions League games then I can see people's issues.

It beats searching up and down for a dodgy stream that will inevitably buffer at least 5 times per half. Or watching Chelsea Vs Man City on a lovely laptop/tablet screen

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

reformed bad troll posted:

To be honest, if you watch a lot of football then the price isn't really an issue.

Knowing you can get Sky 50% off for 12 months when you follow through with a cancellation makes it much cheaper though. You cancel, you keep your services for 31 days, and they send you a 'please come back' beg through the post just before that notice period ends.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
yeah i wouldn't be paying for sky sports if i didn't have it at half price at the moment

not not luvd fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Aug 2, 2015

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
As if there are people on this thread without every sports channel in HD through a 60' Inch TV

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
What you do is you get someone who works for Sky to get you a streaming box that has all the channels and American sport channels for €100

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

THATCHER BRAINWASH posted:

As if there are people on this thread without every sports channel in HD through a 60' Inch TV

yo that's me i'm the dude with no tv

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Your Weird Uncle posted:

yo that's me i'm the dude with no tv
You're weird.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I don't even have a tv license.

Anyway villa haven't signed anyone for a couple of days and I'm getting antsy. We definitely need one or two more defenders. Also we inexplicably gave Nathan loving Baker a new contract.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

? we signed Veretout.

As for CBs i'm fine with okore, clark, richards, senderos, hutton, baker, crespo (in that order). Dont think we'll be able to sign anyone that'll actually help us at this point in the window.

Unless you actually want Adebayor all we need is Gestede and it's a perfect window.

E: apparently gestede is official now.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Just sign Berbatov already

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Watching Arsenal spaff on Jose and the boys, in ultra HD, in the sun with a dozen beers.

My horny levels.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

? we signed Veretout.

As for CBs i'm fine with okore, clark, richards, senderos, hutton, baker, crespo (in that order). Dont think we'll be able to sign anyone that'll actually help us at this point in the window.

Unless you actually want Adebayor all we need is Gestede and it's a perfect window.

E: apparently gestede is official now.

I think adebayor would be good for a season at the most, but with Ayew, Kozak and Gestede I'm not as concerned about where the goals will be coming from now. Kozak has been in solid form and our midfield should be chipping in with a lot more goals this season.

Aside from Clark and Okore I'm not confident about the CB situation. Senderos seems to have died, baker is baker and Richards has been pretty unconvincing in pre-season. No idea about crespo. One solid, well-rated cb will be great but seeing as we were in for lescott I'm not sure we'll get one.

Either way I'm excited for the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kozak has been in form in pre-season that is meaningless and ayew's record isn't exactly great.

• Locked thread