Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

lowercase16 posted:

From a few pages back, but someone did. Long before Tumblr existed.

No wonder he has the IQ of a guacamole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Preacher #9

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hilarious. That Ennis, what a corker!

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Hakkesshu posted:

Hilarious. That Ennis, what a corker!

Sorry, too highbrow for you. Here's something that might be a little more your speed. Also Preacher #9

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I have never slapped a knee harder!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Preacher is actually good and often quite funny.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god stop fighting you're both pretty. Guardians Team-Up #7: Scott Lang helps Drax stay low-key in Miami.

I want a "Dost Thou Even Lift?" gym shirt

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Preacher is actually good and often quite funny.

Be good if someone posted some of the funny parts, then.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There's no loving way Scott Lang doesn't know what a Skrull is. They invaded the entire loving planet. I think he might have been dead at the time, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have heard of it after the fact.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TwoPair posted:

It would 310% mark me as "that guy" at the gym, especially since I'm nowhere near buff enough to pull it off, but I won't lie for half a second I considered it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lurdiak posted:

There's no loving way Scott Lang doesn't know what a Skrull is. They invaded the entire loving planet. I think he might have been dead at the time, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have heard of it after the fact.

He might know what a skrull is, but how would he know the intergalactic implications of being compared to their hindquarters? Maybe skrulls are renowned for having nice asses.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Gaz-L posted:

Be good if someone posted some of the funny parts, then.

Imagine a person, who has been written to be unlikeable, anyone really, being horribly mutilated repeatedly over a period of years. They then die. Something distasteful happens to their corpse. You no longer need to read Ennis.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Why does it look like Drax has robot hands?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
they're either weird gauntlets/boots or robohands/robofeet

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Detective Conan must have confused the Super Soldier serum with a cure for his condition.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not very mysterious with an ingredient list right there, doc.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Maybe the mystery is why you'd put tomatoes in? Unless that's like a regional thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What the hell? Drax is from Earth.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Yeah Drax is a human guy transformed into a machine designed to kill Thanos. Except it wasn't like that in the movie so...

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Wearing a tank top, zubaz and a fanny pack is the official uniform of any given pro wrestler, yet I can't find a picture of Batista wearing that. My whole life is a lie.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

TwoPair posted:

Have a lovely version

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah Drax is a human guy transformed into a machine designed to kill Thanos. Except it wasn't like that in the movie so...

I thought Drax the Destroyer was some alien version of Superman, just with a mohawk. And then they made him some skinny green knife guy for some reason.

Where the hell's this human stuff coming from?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Drifter posted:

I thought Drax the Destroyer was some alien version of Superman, just with a mohawk. And then they made him some skinny green knife guy for some reason.

I think the mohawk dude you're thinking of is Gladiator, a different character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Drifter posted:

Drax's origin was that he was a normal guy named Arthur Douglas, who was driving his wife and daughter down some back road when Thanos came to Earth. Wanting to keep his visit secret Thanos blew up Arthur's car killing everyone except for the daughter who was taken and eventually becomes the character Moondragon. Thanos' father realized that Thanos was too dangerous and so he brought Arthur Douglas back to life with a new body designed to be able to kill Thanos. At the beginning of Annihilation the prison ship Drax was on crashed and he was killed but he Doctor Who's himself and comes back to life slightly different.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Not very mysterious with an ingredient list right there, doc.
Man if only we had a cloned Vincent Price in his prime to play Dr. Strange in the MCU :smith:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't know if this was the joke or not, but Drax being played by a pro-wrestler in the movie, and that first outfit is basically the official "wrestler who is out of the ring" uniform, and that's loving amazing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TheJoker138 posted:

I don't know if this was the joke or not, but Drax being played by a pro-wrestler in the movie, and that first outfit is basically the official "wrestler who is out of the ring" uniform, and that's loving amazing.
All he needed was a Riberia Steakhouse jacket and it would have been :perfect:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

SomeMathGuy posted:

Maybe the mystery is why you'd put tomatoes in? Unless that's like a regional thing.

Pretty common. In fact, if you look on the ingredient list of one of those packets of beef stew seasoning mix, you'll probably see either tomato powder or nearby instructions to add a can of tomato puree when you're making it.

What the hell is the mystery turnip by the potato? I know of no striped root vegetables.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Sandman Mystery Theatre #64

Lt. Burke against proving himself as suitable material for the Green Lantern Corps

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kramjacks posted:

I think the mohawk dude you're thinking of is Gladiator, a different character.

...all these years.

:negative:

Drax's origin was that he was a normal guy named Arthur Douglas, who was driving his wife and daughter down some back road when Thanos came to Earth. Wanting to keep his visit secret Thanos blew up Arthur's car killing everyone except for the daughter who was taken and eventually becomes the character Moondragon. Thanos' father realized that Thanos was too dangerous and so he brought Arthur Douglas back to life with a new body designed to be able to kill Thanos. At the beginning of Annihilation the prison ship Drax was on crashed and he was killed but he Doctor Who's himself and comes back to life slightly different.

Thanks. Goddamn this is dumb. So he got thin and knifey just because.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 2, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Does he remember anything about earth besides Moondragon is his daughter and 'kill Thanos'? He had like severe brain damage for like 20 years until Giffen rebooted him.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

theironjef posted:

Yeah, if there was ever a hero that would greatly benefit from just carrying around a bag of little rocks to throw, it's GL.

Drifter posted:

...all these years.

:negative:

Thanks. Goddamn this is dumb. So he got thin and knifey just because.

Nah you see Drax is like a RPG character. The player specifically built Drax as a flying/blaster type as the ultimate Thanos killing character.
But he completely failed at that.
So the Drax dies and comes back as a Hulk type. Which was the player retooling the character to make a better Thanos killer. But he also fails at this.

Then in the early 2000's the player watches Pitch Black, and remakes Drax into Riddick as a Rogue /Assassins type. And then he's finally able to kill Thanos.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

No idea on the source.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

It's cute that you still think writers are going to acknowledge anything about the Guardians' history or characterization that happened pre-movie.

Angela: Asgard's Assassin #5

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

That Ignorant Sap posted:

No idea on the source.

I wanna seem more superdads now. :allears:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Keeshhound posted:

I wanna seem more superdads now. :allears:

Someone please post the scene from New 52 Animal Man where Cliff is trying to convince two teen girls that he's Animal Man's son.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

That Ignorant Sap posted:

No idea on the source.

Peter David's Captain Marvel.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

TwoPair posted:

It's cute that you still think writers are going to acknowledge anything about the Guardians' history or characterization that happened pre-movie.

Angela: Asgard's Assassin #5

Bendis is at least starting to care.
But Angela's book was by far the team's worst recent characterization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Gillen was co-writing, and they gave him a reason to reference pop music of the 80s. It's like giving a heroin addict a hypodermic full of junk and asking her not to shoot up.