Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

kozak has been good whenever he's played for us. I rate him to be among the goals if he is truly no longer dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Kozak could be good one day, Okore could be very very good same with Ayew. Honestly Villa have been underachieving for a few years and should be midtable at worst, the fighting relegation poo poo was weird as hell.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hardflip posted:

Knowing you can get Sky 50% off for 12 months when you follow through with a cancellation makes it much cheaper though. You cancel, you keep your services for 31 days, and they send you a 'please come back' beg through the post just before that notice period ends.
You don't even need to cancel, just threaten to do so and then haggle them down to something that you prefer, which is what I've done multiple times. Even better if you document any issues that you've had with their service (and you will definitely have some) and keep bringing that up to get them to concede even more ground.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

straight up brolic posted:

kozak has been good whenever he's played for us. I rate him to be among the goals if he is truly no longer dead.

maybe but benteke scored over 50% of villa's goals the last 2 seasons and assuming the team will keep scoring with 2 unproven strikers is a bad idea. adebayor on a short term contract + sherwood will result in lots of goals

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Kozak could be good one day, Okore could be very very good same with Ayew. Honestly Villa have been underachieving for a few years and should be midtable at worst, the fighting relegation poo poo was weird as hell.

Lambert was really, really bad

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I've come to consider the Lambert era as some sort of weird 'Moneyball' type experiment, where the club became obsessed with buying cheap, developing talent, and then selling for a profit. The one success was Benteke, fair enough, but this window has seen a lot of drek released by the Villa.

On the face of it, Lerner isn't actually spending any more money than he did with Lambert in charge either, but the calibre of signings has been much higher. A stark contrast to Lambert's 'Barry Fry' approach to buying players whilst he was in charge.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Its because Lambert was made to reduce the wage bill each year and now that has been done there is more room to maneuver.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Their squad is really, really poo poo. They've been lucky to stay up.

Midtable would have been a massive accomplishment last season.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

beedeebee posted:

According to L'Equipe, Di Maria to PSG for 63 million euro is a done deal. I don't dare to bold it yet.

Di Maria is now having his medical in Qatar.

https://twitter.com/DemydeZeeuw/status/627938481298386944

https://twitter.com/maxmufc7/status/627917105086758913

So, I guess this is almost a done deal then.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

connor wickham to crystal palace for £9m is a done deal

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jose posted:

connor wickham to crystal palace for £9m is a done deal

That's quite a lot of money for a poo poo striker imo

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
BBC says £7m. 1/5 of an Andy Carroll can't be too bad.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sebzilla posted:

That's quite a lot of money for a poo poo striker imo

He's 22 and homegrown so he has a long career of scoring single digit season goals for lower half premier league teams ahead of him.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

vyelkin posted:

He's 22 and homegrown so he has a long career of scoring single digit season goals for lower half premier league teams ahead of him.

But enough about Danny Ings

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Don't tell taff but United are selling rafael

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

chuggo is BACK posted:

More proof that Van Gaal hates South Americans

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I would like for Spurs to sell some guys (Adebayor, Soldado, Fazio and Townsend maybe) and then buy some other guys. I know Levy is only truly happy when he is selling and buying.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Newcastle need to sign another defender and winger and its been a great transfer window. Also getting rid of williamson

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

MrBling posted:

I would like for Spurs to sell some guys (Adebayor, Soldado, Fazio and Townsend maybe) and then buy some other guys. I know Levy is only truly happy when he is selling and buying.

Townsend is happy on the bench and offers a new dimension going forward - long range efforts that can hit any seat in row zed of a neighbouring stadium. Not sure why you'd want to sell him, unless youre a deluded spurs fan.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Breath Ray posted:

Townsend is happy on the bench and offers a new dimension going forward - long range efforts that can hit any seat in row zed of a neighbouring stadium. Not sure why you'd want to sell him, unless youre a deluded spurs fan.

I don't particularly want to sell him, but some clubs are apparently willing to pay upwards of £15m for him. At that point I think you have to let him go and shoot airballs at some other stadium.

Also, add Lennon to the list of people to be sold.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

chuggo is BACK posted:

apparently to Lyon but who knows

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I had completely forgot about Fazio. It's amazing that Levy still has a job.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I would love for Townsend to go. He has Jozy like ability off the ball.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sky saying a fee has been agreed with Roma for Dzeko. Man City must have someone lined up to cover for Aguero when he's broken after selling their strikers

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Yesssss now we must nab Destro

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

With Rafael gone, how many players are left from the squad that won the league in Fergusons last season? Seems to me they've almost replaced the entire team.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

euroboy posted:

With Rafael gone, how many players are left from the squad that won the league in Fergusons last season? Seems to me they've almost replaced the entire team.

Looks like about 7 that actually played in that season, De Gea, Jones, Evans, Valencia, Rooney, Smalling, and Carrick.

Begall
Jul 28, 2008

euroboy posted:

Rooney, Valencia, Young, Smalling, Jones, Carrick, De Gea (for now), Hernandez (maybe)?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Oh yeah forgot Hernandez.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

euroboy posted:

Still not bold yet but it looks like he's going for just £2.1m, City got more for Sinclair :eyepop:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

chuggo is BACK posted:

Im sad op, hes made of glass but I love him, someone find that pic where he squared up to like 4 liverpool players, or the gif of him just bumping ivanovic off the ball

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'll miss Rafael he was great :(

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Prone to costly yellow cards now and again but scored some beauties. Probably too expensive to keep on the bench

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

Newcastle need to sign another defender and winger and its been a great transfer window. Also getting rid of williamson

:agreed:

Would be nice to clear out some of the dead weight now that McClaren has had a decent view. Would be surprised if we didn't ship out a few of the fringe players.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bovril Delight posted:

:agreed:

Would be nice to clear out some of the dead weight now that McClaren has had a decent view. Would be surprised if we didn't ship out a few of the fringe players.

But who would want them, and pay Newcastle wages?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ninpo posted:

Same, I remember being super hyped about him and Fabio. Fabio could never make it work at United, but Rafael was unironically one of my favourite players in the squad. He had tons of heart and wasn't afraid of anyone.

Shame about his injuries :(

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Abeid is off to the German second divison which is pretty weird because he's one of the fringe-y players I'd probably hold on to and he's surely better than the German second division.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The best thing I remember about Rafael is the horrific red card tackles.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Ninpo posted:

no he wasn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Been seeing this making the rounds today, apparently we're after Leon Goretzka?:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/04/southampton-making-11-2m-transfer-bid-for-leon-goretzka-5325919/

• Locked thread